Closed Thread

Thread: Bachelor 14 - Media Articles and Interviews

Re: Bachelor 14 - Media **Spoilers**

Bachelor Jake to Chris Harrison on Why He Eliminated Extra Girls: "I'm Tired of Wasting Time"

Chris Harrison told TVGuide.com that this week's episode of The Bachelor would have another "first" ó and it did. Not only did Jake choose to send home both Ella and Kathryn on his two-on-one date, but he also decided to send an extra woman home during the rose ceremony. TVGuide.com spoke to Harrison about Jake "cleaning house" and how Tenley has become the front-runner.

TVGuide.com: This week Jake eliminated both Ella and Kathryn. Were you surprised?
    Chris Harrison: I was, just because he didn't have to. ... I hope everybody is pleasantly surprised at the man he is and how he has really stood up in the last couple of weeks, made some tough decisions and I think he surprises people in a good way.

TVGuide.com: I understand him not wanting to keep Ella away from her son if he didn't feel as strongly toward her, but why not give the others more time if he can?
    Harrison: I told him, "You know you could've easily kept her around; it would've been no sweat for you," but he said, "Look, I knew for a fact it wasn't her." Last week really set him off so at this point he's like, "I'm tired of wasting time, I know she's not the one, let me spend more time at the cocktail party with someone who I am still questioning or I know has a shot. I just rather spend time with people I know have a possibility."

The Bachelor's Jake talks about breaking protocol and the Rozlyn scandal

TVGuide.com: Will there be fewer episodes to air now?
    Harrison: No. It's funny, I saw on the blogs people are saying, "Of course it was a pre-ordained deal, because they would never let him affect the show" but no ...we just adjust. Maybe the next week instead of two going home, one will go home. I don't think people understand how fluid our show always is. People think we go in with grand plan and we follow this script and it's not like that at all; it's never like that. One of the toughest things about doing reality TV, and why our show is so good, is because it's always different and you have to be able to roll with it. If your show isn't organic, especially a reality show, it's not going to be good.

TVGuide.com: Was it fun to leave the Bachelor house this week?
    Harrison: I know the girls definitely liked getting out. It helps Jake and helps the girls to get out of that fishbowl. The house is so confining and they're around each other nonstop, so I think it was good to get out on the road and shake things up a little bit.

TVGuide.com: So now Tenley seems to be the front-runner.
    Harrison: Tenley is beautiful, such a sweet girl, very smart, really articulate, a class woman so it [doesn't] surprise me in that respect. What I think has knocked Ali and Vienna down is each other and their animosity toward each other. I think in Jake's eyes it's a little bit petty and someone like Tenley, who makes it so easy and isn't talking about other women, you can just concentrate on her.

Chris Harrison: You'll see another Bachelor first

TVGuide.com: What can we expect in San Francisco next week?
    Harrison: Ali has home-court advantage, not that it's fair or unfair, but it's her hometown. They have a great time and a great experience because she gets to [have the] hometown date before the hometown date. I don't think we've ever had that before where someone has the show go to their hometown, so it's really cool for her. Since Jake cleaned house and cut four girls, they're really aren't any girls left that he doesn't really care for at this point.

Jake explains his decision to cut four women on Monday

Could it be Ella? We have that one SC of her on a beach we still haven't placed, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3809260;
    Wow wow wow I have to give it to this show for the ride on crazy train. Buckle up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3809457;
    Could Vienna leave next week (after she writes the letter) then come back in St. Lucia since there are no SC's of her on an HTD?
    So Vienna pulls an Ed only she leaves a "Dear John" note and takes off only to return? Her edit doesn't seem to be viewer friendly IMO, so who's rooting for her to come back? If she is the one who claims to love and takes off then maybe Jake's VO she says she is falling in love with me and leaves could be about Vienna? This season doesn't make sense. They have rolled the dice one too many times in all these seasons leading to this one. Wonder where this season measures on the "weirdometer"?

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3809284;
    Maybe this was already discussed, but we see Ali in the season previews I believe, stopping and picking up a red rose. Could this possibly be the rose on Jake's bed?
    I think you are right. Was it her in San Fran at a flower stand?

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3809222;
    And so the frenzy begins....

Is he talking about Ali?
    Is he talking about Gia?
    Is he talking about Tenley?
    Will someone crash the final rose ceremony?
    Will someone come back at the AFTR show?
    Will Jake dump Vienna at the FR ceremony?
    Will Jake dump Vienna at the AFTR show and take up with another girl? Ali? Tenley? Corrie? Gia?
    Ahhh sooo many possibilities!
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3809481;
    I think you are right. Was it her in San Fran at a flower stand?
    I believe it was.

Probably doesn't mean anything at all. lol. just thought Jake's last line in his blog today was interesting, considering the conversation at the moment. Could have just been about having all the girls there as well.

Hopefully I’ll leave my heart in San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3809222;
    And so the frenzy begins....

Is he talking about Ali?
    Is he talking about Gia?
    Is he talking about Tenley?
    Will someone crash the final rose ceremony?
    Will someone come back at the AFTR show?
    Will Jake dump Vienna at the FR ceremony?
    Will Jake dump Vienna at the AFTR show and take up with another girl? Ali? Tenley? Corrie? Gia?
    I think the ending is pretty clear according to that interview of Jake's. Ali comes back to the FRC and she has been away from the show and has had time to digest things and she says NO. I bet Fleiss is loving it. How sad.

It just makes me love Jake even more, even though I wasn't a big fan of his pre-show. He has said "no matter what, you have to lead with your heart" and only he would have to live with how the show ends. It makes my heart hurt for him. He looked like he had aged 10 years in that interview.

As a fan of Ali's this season, I will be ashamed of her because she could have just refused to come back since they couldn't make her, since she had already left the show.

I think this is where the vo in the highlights come from, the FRC: Ali saying "how can I possibly do this to him" and Jake's angry "how could she do this to me?" I just hope she didn't let him get down on one knee and propose.

I think even the people who were not fans of Jake's, will say that he went the extra mile for love, made himself vulnerable and got his heart broken AGAIN. Too bad he didn't fall in love with Tenley.

I would have been satisfied if he just didn't choose anyone and left it at that. I could just bawl!

I think Jake is just trying to prepare people and I know he is dreading it airing for the world to see. This is probably the event that he says he was so devestated that he had to shut himself down for a bit. He says the event was "horrible, awful and on a scale from 1-10, near a 10".
    Last edited by n4692u; 01-26-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3809489;
    I think the ending is pretty clear according to that interview of Jake's. Ali comes back to the FRC and she has been away from the show and has had time to digest things and she says NO. I bet Fleiss is loving it. How sad.

It just makes me love Jake even more, even though I wasn't a big fan of his pre-show. He has said "no matter what, you have to lead with your heart" and only he would have to live with how the show ends. It makes my heart hurt for him. He looked like he had aged 10 years in that interview.

As a fan of Ali's this season, I will be ashamed of her because she could have just refused to come back since they couldn't make her, since she had already left the show.

I think this is where the vo in the highlights come from, the FRC: Ali saying "how can I possibly do this to him" and Jake's angry "how could she do this to me?" I just hope she didn't let him get down on one knee and propose.

I think even the people who were not fans of Jake's, will say that he went the extra mile for love, made himself vulnerable and got his heart broken AGAIN. Too bad he didn't fall in love with Tenley.

I would have been satisfied if he just didn't choose anyone and left it at that. I could just bawl!

Or what if Ali comes back and HE says no and picks Vienna anyways? Then you would have "someone coming back" along with "no one will understand the ending."

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3809489;

Don't go getting your panties in a knot! We have no idea what it means, if anything!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Closed Thread