Closed Thread
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Vienna

FORT Fanatic

Re: Vienna

I believe Vienna is ready to settle down but because of the bitter supposely happily married ex, it will be a while before she finds a man who will have her back. What a pity she seems like such a nice lady and her smile just lights up a room.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3833982;
    Will Jake's stability ground Vienna? Will Vienna inject more fun into Jakes existence? Or will their differences drive them apart?
    Good question Jelle! I do think they compliment each other in the ways you mentioned. Vienna injects fun into Jakes life and Jake is a grounding force for Vienna.

But ultimately I think there are too many differences for a lasting relationship between them. Of the 25 girls on the show it makes sense to me that these two might come together because of the way they compliment each other's personality. And in a very short time window like this show, these are easy connecting points for them.

Even if I thought they were more suitable to each other in real life than I think they are, I think the negativity swirling around would be too much to overcome. They'd have to be an extremely strong couple and if Jake chooses Vienna, they've got a long road ahead of them.

Specialized: I agree that Vienna has been the star this season. She's made it worth watching for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3833988;
    IF Jake picks Vienna, I don't see a long-lasting relationship. I just think that out of her and Tenley, he should pick Vienna. Neither relationship would work out in the long run though imo.
    I agree Sanlee. Jake just doesn't seem quite as relaxed and free flowing with Tenley. I don't really think the chemistry is quite there. But I love Tenley too. She seems like a real sweetheart to me.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3833998;
    I believe Vienna is ready to settle down but because of the bitter supposely happily married ex, it will be a while before she finds a man who will have her back. What a pity she seems like such a nice lady and her smile just lights up a room.
    Being only 23 and already divorced is even more of a red flag than being only 25 and already divorced!! Tenley seems much more like wife (or even long-term girlfriend) material than Vienna, but Tenley had better prepare to get her heart broken again. Our bachelor is a himbo and he's looking for his female counterpart. Vienna will be the last one standing, but he won't give her any ring, I guarantee.

Tenley's parents are going to be crushed, too.

Jake and Vienna seem to be right where they should be in a relationship that is only two weeks old! Keep in mind that despite the premise of the show, most normal people don't get engaged to each other and achieve a lasting relationship after only being together a handful of times over the course of 2-3 weeks. I would definitely expect a couple who meet and who are attracted to each other to laugh, have fun, goof around together. All the other stuff, the "I'm here to meet my wife" and "can you see us married" and compatibility issues are just part of the show, not real life. Just because two people seem to be silly together on their date doesn't mean they can't be serious together when time and circumstances warrant it.

Chances are their relationship wouldn't stand the test of time, given the age difference, their distance from each other, and any number of other differences in their personalities. But then again, I've heard tell of holiday romances that have stood the test of time. My SIL met her husband on the "love boat" (and I kid you not) and married him less than a year later, even though they lived in two different countries and were only able to fly up/down to see each other a handful of times. They now have three teenagers. It can happen, but I am not naive enough to think it will happen on The Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3834786;
    . . . Vienna will be the last one standing, but he won't give her any ring, I guarantee. . .
    Or if he does -- for the sake of production/ratings -- it'll be a CZ knockoff from Target. Or Wal-Mart.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Even though Vienna wasn't a favorite of mine in the beginning, she has grown on me. I like that she brings out the playful side of Jake. He seems too serious with Tenley and the other women. And he brings out the more mature and nurturing side of Vienna. I hope they can make it work, if he chooses her.

FORT Fogey

I liked Vienna too. I hope they get a chance to see if they can develop a lasting relationship.

Every time I hear Vienna say this is the first time she's fallen in love with a man, I can't help but think of her ex-husband. Marrying a girl who isn't in love with you is an epic fail. His trashing of her in the media is so lame.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3838639;
    Every time I hear Vienna say this is the first time she's fallen in love with a man, I can't help but think of her ex-husband. Marrying a girl who isn't in love with you is an epic fail. His trashing of her in the media is so lame.
    Jason said basically the same thing to DeAnna's family ... about being in love for the first time. Was Jason's first marriage an epic fail because he wasn't in love? I guess his 3rd TV proposal really was the charm. Vienna supposedly got married as some kind of immature retaliatory act so I could see where she would see it. It happened quickly and ended quickly.

Love feels different with each person, I guess but saying it is, no doubt, a stab in the heart/ego to the person who was once married to you. At least Tenley owns up to being in love before - just with someone who hurt her. I think that's better than trying to rewrite history and claiming you never really loved them at all.

Closed Thread