Closed Thread
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Vienna

Re: Vienna

Quote Originally Posted by surpriseending;3815187;
    The moment Vienna quoted scripture at the 2-1 date, is where Vienna scores big bonus points in Jake's eyes. She said she would keep her "eyes on the prize" to him. Very smart and is exactly what a man of faith needs to hear.
    In American English (I only say this because your location says Germany, I don't know if you're a native speaker) the phrase "keep your eyes on the prize" is a standard idiom. It may be from scripture but it's become a common, everyday phrase without any religious connotation. Most likely because of the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3815088;
    OMG.. I LOVED IT when Vienna put Ali in her place. Little Miss 4.0 gpa Superiority couldn't give a logicial and coherent reason why she hated Vienna. Vienna showed A LOT of maturity and CLASS in dealing with Ali.

For Jake, it's Vienna; it's so obvious now but I think it has ALWAYS been obvious to the girls in the house.
    Vienna was attempting to drag Gia into the other room to rip apart Ali behind her back, the reason that she was forced to air out her grievance to Ali's face is that SHE insisted on it, so class and maturity points to their appropriate recipient if you will, please . She did give a coherent reason to Vienna, and it's the very same thing she's been saying in every PI. She doesn't hate Vienna, none of them do, but they're all extremely puzzled as to why she's still around given her behavior.
    Jake keeps telling them that she's different around him, and he seems to not get that it is that very dichotomy that they're warning him about. (The very one he was warning Jillian about regarding Wes.) Being one way with one person and 180 with everyone else is NOT honest, blunt or sincere. I don't see it as being Vienna for Jake, but she does do her 6 year old best to be constantly in his face. This flatters his ego at the moment, but I'm sure in real life that level of attention seeking behavior, and neediness won't be as charming.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by surpriseending;3815191;
    Amazingly Vienna doesn't show her interest in a stalking way either, nor does she act out so emotional when she doesn't agree with Jake's decisions. She said: "he's a big boy and he can figure it all out." That gives a dignity and respect anyone deserves.

The others seem to pout when he makes decisions they don't like and either resort to anger or other ways. Though I probably would also not be ok if my love-intended were dating women simultaneously but, anyway, it's not like I would put myself in a situation like that in the first place. haha
    So spying on his one on one dates with Gia with the Camcorder, hunting them down when he took her aside for some personal time on their 2 on 1 and then invading his bedroom are not classic examples of stalking behavior? She's clingy and needy to his face and does this when he's not looking, in my book that's even scarier than Michelle's looks of death. If Vienna was about allowing other people their dignity and respect, she would not be rubbing everyone else who comes into contact with her the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3815281;
    Vienna was attempting to drag Gia into the other room to rip apart Ali behind her back, the reason that she was forced to air out her grievance to Ali's face is that SHE insisted on it, so class and maturity points to their appropriate recipient if you will, please . She did give a coherent reason to Vienna, and it's the very same thing she's been saying in every PI. She doesn't hate Vienna, none of them do, but they're all extremely puzzled as to why she's still around given her behavior.
    Jake keeps telling them that she's different around him, and he seems to not get that it is that very dichotomy that they're warning him about. (The very one he was warning Jillian about regarding Wes.) Being one way with one person and 180 with everyone else is NOT honest, blunt or sincere. I don't see it as being Vienna for Jake, but she does do her 6 year old best to be constantly in his face. This flatters his ego at the moment, but I'm sure in real life that level of attention seeking behavior, and neediness won't be as charming.
    No actually Gia and Vienna were going to get ready for their date with Jake. All the girls got up with Vienna after the discussion with Ali about why Ali dislikes Vienna so much.

What man doesn't want to know he is the object of his affections desire. Vienna gives him that Ali doesn't. On their date in SF Jake flat out told Ali that Vienna makes him feel special....I went back and watched that portion on the alphabet board and it is very very telling that Jake goes on about how Vienna makes him feel like the only man for her (paraphrasing). Jake can tell that Ali isn't as in to him.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 02-02-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Vienna also told Jake "you're worth it" when they started their conversation outside after Gia's 1-1 time, when he brought up how hard things had been for her in the house. She makes him feel good when she says stuff like this, because she turns the focus back on him and how important he is becoming to her. He feels like she *will* stick this out to the end, even through difficulties, because she does indeed have her "eye on the prize" (and btw, I had no idea that was from scripture!! lol).

FORT Newbie

So spying on his one on one dates with Gia with the Camcorder, hunting them down when he took her aside for some personal time on their 2 on 1 and then invading his bedroom are not classic examples of stalking behavior?
    Good point. I'm not saying Vienna is a saint, either. She does act very immature in some parts and is self-focused but doesn't resort to cattyness to get her man. Being a narcissist would rub anyone the wrong way.

Thanks for the interesting development, hepcat. Though I think it got that from scripture originally.

haven't watched this season at all, can't stand Jake, but did catch about 20 minutes last night, and it did confirm to me that Jake is a total bore, so stiff...they should have just cast a robot, would have had more personality!

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3815281;

Yes, making a pact to trash talk another girl behind said girl's back is really classy and mature. I guess since Ali is pretty and intelligent she gets a pass on her meanness.

While I don't like how Ali has behaved toward Vienna, I think that her first argument is still correct: If Vienna is what Jake wants, then he won't want Ali, or the other girls either (except, maybe, Gia). He obviously likes Vienna's flattery and neediness, so I think it's going to end badly for the other girls.

I also think that Vienna in small doses (on the show) is going to turn out to be way more attractive than the large doses he'll get after the show, if Jake picks Vienna in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3815443;
    Yes, making a pact to trash talk another girl behind said girl's back is really classy and mature. I guess since Ali is pretty and intelligent she gets a pass on her meanness.

I don't see Ali as being mean at all she has said to Viennas face how she feels and many agree with Ali can they all be wrong? Also Vienna gets what Vienna wants and is not used to being called on her spoiled brat ISH and her shiny princess prize is Jake when she gets him she will be done with him the thrill will be gone.

I say to Jake you have only yourself to blame when this goes South of the Border down Mexico Way LOL

Closed Thread