Closed Thread
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Vienna

Re: Vienna

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3802238;
    I guess that I am looking at their relationship a lot like Jake must be. I thought their date bungee jumping was as good as any date on this show. They enjoyed each others company and I did see some chemistry. Not every one I ever 'fell for' was exactly the most beautiful on the outside but to me they were on the inside. Afterall isn't that all that really matters?
    Yes it is and Jake has said that he is looking for someone that is beautiful on the inside... that may be Vienna.

FORT Fan

I think that everyone is forgetting that whatever problems were occurring with Vienna happened before the date, and before everything. I think the talking about people behind their backs might be in her dealings with the girls. They're there in a group and if she's being two-faced that's going to cause problems. It also might explain why they're so anxious to let Jake know about her behavior, since he clearly wouldn't be seeing the real her.

I'm not getting that Vienna is so beautiful on any side. She seems rather immature for a 23 year old, she seems to lack depth and doesn't seem to understand how to behave with other people. I understand that people are applauding her for "going for what she wants" but people who do that while trampling on those around them are the ones that people don't like. And the dislike for Vienna is universal. That date was setup in such a way that ANY one who went on it would have "connected" with Jake. Shared trauma tends to do that. For someone who bursts into tears as often as she does and who offers insincere apologies, she certainly doesn't seem to understand when she causes others pain by her behavior.

She seems utterly clueless, and Ali actually tried to let her know what it was that she did to upset everyone, which gets her labeled things by viewers who don't seem to be paying attention. She also tried to explain to Michelle, who was also clueless. Only one person ends up with the bachelor, that's a given, but the rest of the girls seem to end up being friends after most seasons. Yes, it's a competition but there is a social element to the show between the girls as well. When a girl can't handle relationships with other girls, it's a huge red flag. One that guys IME ignore to their own detriment. (It is possible though that my guy friends just pick the total psychos :-d)

FORT Fogey

Meh. I just don't seem to understand the situation. You cannot seriously be angry with someone because they talk about people behind their backs when you are guilty of the same thing. That makes no sense. So it must be something else. I tend to think it is just personalities clashing or else its just plain old hypocrisy.

I see Vienna as a modern, multi-faceted woman of this new century. She is assertive and not ultra-feminine. I like her. As someone who knows a lot about 23-yr-olds, I'd say she is ahead of the curve.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3802539;

I see Vienna as a modern, multi-faceted woman of this new century. She is assertive and not ultra-feminine. I like her. As someone who knows a lot about 23-yr-olds, I'd say she is ahead of the curve.
    OMG let's hope not! Vienna might be "modern", but she's an example of women of the century, can we figure out how to turn the clock back please? Assertive and multi-faceted she does not seem to be. A nice girl, little empty in the attic and severely lacking in ambition sure, but terribly immature. I don't think I was this vapid and self absorbed at 23, come to think of it if there ever as an age where was this vapid etc. I'd want to want to take a spin that time machine and smack myself pretty hard.

I've some experience with 23 year olds myself and she's an example of the very worst of the lot, so far behind the curve, that she's not even aware it exists.

Some Vienna and Jake avatars using Ryvetted's wonderful caps:

Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

sanlee those are beautiful Vienna avatar's! Thanks Ryvetted!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3802556;
    OMG let's hope not! Vienna might be "modern", but she's an example of women of the century, can we figure out how to turn the clock back please? Assertive and multi-faceted she does not seem to be. A nice girl, little empty in the attic and severely lacking in ambition sure, but terribly immature. I don't think I was this vapid and self absorbed at 23, come to think of it if there ever as an age where was this vapid etc. I'd want to want to take a spin that time machine and smack myself pretty hard.

I've some experience with 23 year olds myself and she's an example of the very worst of the lot, so far behind the curve, that she's not even aware it exists.
    I don't think you've seen anything that would substantiate those allegations. I don't know why one would make such assumptions without evidence. I think she is definitely assertive in that she is not afraid to express her opinion or go after what she wants. I think she is multi-faceted because she obviously has a soft side, an adventurous side, a free-spirit side, and also a catty side. This is what the young women of this new generation are like. I like that. I think it is a step forward that women are more open in expression and less submissive and traditionally feminine. I am 23-yrs-old myself. I think she is more representative of my age cohort than the others of her age. We are a new brand of woman these days!

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3802561;
    Some Vienna and Jake avatars using Ryvetted's wonderful caps:

Thanks Sanlee! I might borrow one.

I don't know about Vienna...I can't say I warm up to her. This type of situation has always perplexed me as well:

.......You cannot seriously be angry with someone because they talk about people behind their backs when you are guilty of the same thing. That makes no sense. So it must be something else. I tend to think it is just personalities clashing or else its just plain old hypocrisy.
    But then of course a little alcohol will loosen up everyone's tongue and the girls cannot seem to remember who talked about whom. What kind of mistified me about Vienna is when confronted with barging in on KissMeKissMeNot Elizabeth..Vienna appeared completely clueless..but I don't think she was. That girl knew exactly what she was doing.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by Mariner; 01-21-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Vienna is this season's Kirsten. If she makes it to the final, it will be interesting to see what impression Jake's family has of her. What will they think of her brief marriage? Will the reaction be similar to that of the Firestones?

Unless there something that is not being aired, I think her age is the primary factor in their disliking of her. It might also be Ali and the fact that she didn't realize how uncomfortable it would actually be to see another girl get a OOO date. The rest of the girls, minus Michelle, just joined in since they are all older anyway.

I thought it was really sweet how supportive she was on the bungee jumping when he was clearly terrified. I think Jake needs someone who is okay with that or wanting to curl in a fetal position situation. At least there is not a double standard here that there may have been had Tenley or Elizabeth been on that date.

Closed Thread