Closed Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Tenley

Re: Tenley

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3845046;
    I think she was too nice for Jake. She'll find someone who she deserves.
    I thought Corrie, in that interview posted on her thread, hit it right on the head. She said Jake was not good enough for Tenley and she deserved better than him. She got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3849758;
    I think it was hard for her to "get it" for the simple reason that Jake (not Jeff) did a grade-F lousy job of explaining it to her on the yacht. First he sits there with a glum expression and demeanor, and then when she drags an explanation out of him about what is wrong, he tells her some cockamamie drivel about physical and sexual attraction, that he feels one for her but not the other. Since Tenley, like most other intelligent people, doesn't see that there is any difference between the two, she would like to know what he means by that, and he hems and haws and comes up with something totally unintelligible and nonsensical. She tried to get an intelligent explanation from him, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. So to me, she was not at all clueless ... just confused by Jake because he didn't want to "crush her" (his words) by telling the truth and is not a good enough communicator to have done so tactfully and honestly. He admitted later on national TV that physical and sexual attraction are the same thing to him, but he didn't admit it to her when she asked.
    I cannot help but believe that all this physical/sexual discussion was Jake attempting to clue Tenley in to that he wasn't that into her in the romantic sense. You know, the I love you vs. in love with you type of thing?

Perhaps he sensed Tenley overconfident and hated the thought of crushing her at the FRC. After all, her edit at the FRC and DOD implied Tenley under the assumption of being a shoe in as F1.

Anyway, I tend to believe that Jake's "admission" of physical and sexual attraction being the same only a move to drop the entire discussion for the question had been dogging him in nearly every interview since the show.

I have not watched all the Bachelor shows, but think this is the first time that I have seen a lead Bachelor/ette's shown making an attempt during the LCD to clue the F2 in on what was to come.

While Tenley focused in on "physical" and "passion", she completely overlooked that what Jake was really telling her --- something was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3850185;
    I cannot help but believe that all this physical/sexual discussion was Jake attempting to clue Tenley in to that he wasn't that into her in the romantic sense. You know, the I love you vs. in love with you type of thing?

Perhaps he sensed Tenley overconfident and hated the thought of crushing her at the FRC. After all, her edit at the FRC and DOD implied Tenley under the assumption of being a shoe in as F1.

Anyway, I tend to believe that Jake's "admission" of physical and sexual attraction being the same only a move to drop the entire discussion for the question had been dogging him in nearly every interview since the show.

I have not watched all the Bachelor shows, but think this is the first time that I have seen a lead Bachelor/ette's shown making an attempt during the LCD to clue the F2 in on what was to come.

While Tenley focused in on "physical" and "passion", she completely overlooked that what Jake was really telling her --- something was missing.
    That's how I saw it also. Jake was trying to give her a hint but couldn't come out and say it and she wasn't getting it. Tenley is a great girl I am sure she won't be single for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3850191;
    That's how I saw it also. Jake was trying to give her a hint but couldn't come out and say it and she wasn't getting it. Tenley is a great girl I am sure she won't be single for long.
    Aphorism: No good deed goes unpunished...

Attempting to do what might be considered as 'the right thing' has resulted in certain fans insisting that Jake's selection of Vienna as his F1 and fiance having only to do with sex.

Jillian's attempt to make her runner ups feel 'special' in the process has made her final choice decision appear arbitrary.

Thing is, it is entirely human nature to tell those little white lies at the end of any relationship ... and reason that "Sex In the City" story writers Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo's six little words -- He's just not that into you -- perceived controversial, even today.

There are no winners of any of the leads of the Bachelor shows.

Say you loved only one and be accused of stringing others along. Say you loved all, but loved one better and be labeled as confused. Leaving not having loved (a la Brad) and never be forgiven for being callously brutal.

The leading people on is why I have never got into this show aside from that one last episode I watched. It grosses me out and I don't find it remotely romantic. And the one episode I watched disturbed me on such a profound level I will never watch it again. He likely knew for sometime that Vienna was the one but then he kept on telling Tenely she was perfect and he loved her etc. Tenely might be someone like me who doesn't just tell people she loves them all willy nilly unless she actually means it and for people like that it's very harder to understand how someone can take it so lightly.

And I've said before in this thread. I know very quickly whether or not I'm sexually attracted to someone. It doesn't take numerous dates/weeks to discern that. That is something he could have told her quite some time ago and she probably wouldn't be as confused either. When you're led to believe that it's perfect and then something was rudimentary as sexual attraction pops up out of nowhere right at the end I can see some confusion there.

It's probably not so much that she doesn't get that he's not into her but more like she doesn't get why it took him so long to just say it.

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3846354;
    Tenley = plastic
    Tenley = clueless

Yes, Jake was a little clumsy with his choice of words but he was clearly trying to give her a big hint so that she wouldn't be caught off guard at the FRC. Did anyone really expect Jake to completely break rank and defy the producers by being any more blunt with her than he was? For crying out loud the whole premise of the show require leading on the final 4.

Tenley's cluelessness about the whole thing is illustrative of why there was no connection. Most men want more than just good "wife" material; Tenley comes across a little too squeaky clean at times to be viewed as a "lover" as well.

^^How was Tenley clueless? I think you all are forgetting that the little discussion on the boat was just PART 1 of their date. Later that night, Tenley ASKED Jake what the hell did he mean, not the other way around. She wasn't clueless at all, but rather very mature in confronting this issue. She and Jake finished their physical/sexual/whatever attraction conversation and by the end of the night Jake was passionately making out with her. He lead her on and he is a loser for that. If on the boat he knew that there was nothing more there in terms of physical/sexual/whatever attraction, then he should not have passionately made out with her in the bed later that night. In my book that is a mixed signal. Also, given that Tenley has only had sex with one man, Jake had to know that she doesn't just go around kissing guys and making out with them just for the hell of it, unlike some other ladies . He should have held off, instead it looks like he is leading her on. It just further proves how much of a jerk he is.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3850336;
    ^^How was Tenley clueless? I think you all are forgetting that the little discussion on the boat was just PART 1 of their date. Later that night, Tenley ASKED Jake what the hell did he mean, not the other way around. She wasn't clueless at all, but rather very mature in confronting this issue. She and Jake finished their physical/sexual/whatever attraction conversation and by the end of the night Jake was passionately making out with her. He lead her on and he is a loser for that. If on the boat he knew that there was nothing more there in terms of physical/sexual/whatever attraction, then he should not have passionately made out with her in the bed later that night. In my book that is a mixed signal. Also, given that Tenley has only had sex with one man, Jake had to know that she doesn't just go around kissing guys and making out with them just for the hell of it, unlike some other ladies . He should have held off, instead it looks like he is leading her on. It just further proves how much of a jerk he is.
    I do think Jake thought Tenley was very pretty. He did find her physically attractive. Because he thought she was so wonderful, he wanted to hug her. The show required that he kiss her lots, and I don't think that was a hardship either. Although he found her physically attractive, he evidentally didn't have the sexual urge to sleep with her.

There are plenty of men that I think are drop dead gorgeous. I am physically attracted to them, but there is no way that I would sleep with them given the best opportunity in the world. I am not sexually attracted to them. There is a humongulous difference!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3850307;
    The leading people on is why I have never got into this show aside from that one last episode I watched. It grosses me out and I don't find it remotely romantic. And the one episode I watched disturbed me on such a profound level I will never watch it again. He likely knew for sometime that Vienna was the one but then he kept on telling Tenely she was perfect and he loved her etc. Tenely might be someone like me who doesn't just tell people she loves them all willy nilly unless she actually means it and for people like that it's very harder to understand how someone can take it so lightly.

And I've said before in this thread. I know very quickly whether or not I'm sexually attracted to someone. It doesn't take numerous dates/weeks to discern that. That is something he could have told her quite some time ago and she probably wouldn't be as confused either. When you're led to believe that it's perfect and then something was rudimentary as sexual attraction pops up out of nowhere right at the end I can see some confusion there.

It's probably not so much that she doesn't get that he's not into her but more like she doesn't get why it took him so long to just say it.
    Must say, usually doesn't take me long to sense if I am sexually attractive to someone, but a much longer time to determine if how I am feeling a momentary attraction, such as a crush, as opposed to something far more substantial and dynamic in nature.

With that said, I somewhat agree with you to the extent that I don't feel Tenley is ready to enter into a serious relationship with anyone given her recent divorce status. (I could say the same about Jason choosing Melissa as his F1, for he certainly should have known better to choose to become involved with someone that might be emotionally on the rebound.) Nonetheless, it is much easier to remain sensible about such matters when on the outside, looking in.

I strongly doubt Jake knew for sometime that Vienna was the one. Clearly he felt something serious enough about her to keep her around, but I also sense he was bothered enough about being told that Vienna didn't fit in and considering that enough of an obstacle to tread carefully.

With all honesty, what is there not to love about Tenley? The girl is beautiful, personable and fun. Although Tenely mentioned that she tried to keep interactions with Jake at a bit more serious level, I doubt that the case and, instead, an attempt her to find reason as to why Jake didn't choose her as the last girl standing. It also might have had something to do with her reading into her own reservations --- about jumping into another relationship so quickly --- after missing warning signs, if such existed, from her relationship with her ex before they married.

It tend to believe it is far easier to let go and fall madly in love with someone falling madly in love with you. I sense Vienna got there with Jake earlier on and possible that Tenley never did --- for example, Tenley might have been ready for a promise while Vienna moving beyond that stage and ready for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3850191;
    I did catch him admitting to Tenley on the AFTR that she did make him feel that way. Compared to the fireworks with Vienna, especially after the mud bath they had together, it just wasn't enough with Tenley. Gia was too sophisticated for him and Tenley was really too perfect. Hopefully they will find real Prince Charmings!!!! The same as last season, someone on the board said Jillian let two Prince Charmings go for the frog who remained a toad. This season Jake let two princesses go and remained the toad he is.

Closed Thread