Closed Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 222

Thread: Tenley

  1. #151
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: Tenley

    Tenley is a sweet lady and America's new Sweetheart. There's a lot of good will towards and sympathy for her. Since she didn't get to be the next Bachelorette or get a gig on DWTS (despite being an aspiring dancer!--Jake, you thief!), she might find something better.

    Tenley could have followed in Melissa Rycroft's steps--the popular jilted almost-bride with a dancing background. I suspect Pavelka pressured ABC to get him DWTS assuming his alleged original plan to be the Bach was to revive his dead acting career.

    I think Pavelka's desire to be on DWTS now makes me question his interest in Vienna. I mean if I hadn't seen my fiancee for three months, I would want to focus on her 100% for several weeks and then do something new. I know she'll be with him but it's not quite the same--esp. with that little blonde hottie Chelsie Hightower as his new partner! Vienna must be thrilled that just after they're a couple again, he will spend hours every day with a gorgeous blonde. There's a great way to start your real-world engagement! Ugh.
    Last edited by CharmOffensive; 03-02-2010 at 08:48 PM.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,128

    Re: Tenley

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3845260;
    To me, physical chemistry refers to the person's physical/outward appearance..ie: hair color, eye color, face shape, or body shape. In other words, he was telling Tenley he was not attracted to her.
    Hmm. I wonder, then, if Equus is on his resume from his acting days.
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-03-2010 at 12:02 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  3. #153
    FORT Fanatic connorsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    456

    Re: Tenley

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3845732;
    I think Pavelka's desire to be on DWTS now makes me question his interest in Vienna. I mean if I hadn't seen my fiancee for three months, I would want to focus on her 100% for several weeks and then do something new..
    I know he made the comment that he hadn't seen any of the women since the show, but was that ever clarified what he meant? When I heard it, I took it to mean the other women he hadn't CHOSEN, not the woman he was engaged to.

    And at the ATFR, the way Vienna was talking when Chris asked her what she was looking forward to next -- Vienna talked about just going outside, going out to dinner, etc...it made it sound not like they had been apart, but that they'd been together and cooped up.

  4. #154
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Tenley

    Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;3846075;
    I know he made the comment that he hadn't seen any of the women since the show, but was that ever clarified what he meant? When I heard it, I took it to mean the other women he hadn't CHOSEN, not the woman he was engaged to.

    And at the ATFR, the way Vienna was talking when Chris asked her what she was looking forward to next -- Vienna talked about just going outside, going out to dinner, etc...it made it sound not like they had been apart, but that they'd been together and cooped up.
    You are correct that statement did exclude Vienna. My inside sources indicate that Vienna traveled to LA several times for extended weekends since the filming ended. Seems similar to what Jillian and Ed did last season.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  5. #155
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Tenley

    Vienna cleared it up on Regis & Kelly. She and Jake saw each other "every other weekend for 4-5 days". Same as what Jillian and Ed did, per Jillian's comments way back then.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

  6. #156
    Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Georgia
    Posts
    257

    Re: Tenley

    Tenley = plastic

  7. #157
    ~I Believe in Rainbows~ MsDll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,828

    Re: Tenley

    Tenley looked like a little doll on Ellen today. Loved her dress!

  8. #158
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,589

    Re: Tenley

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3846517;
    Tenley looked like a little doll on Ellen today. Loved her dress!
    I agree. Loved her dress AND hair. Tenley's a classy, spunky sweet lady. She says she's moved on, and Im really happy for her.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: Tenley

    I don't know if I am really annoyed with Tenley or if I feel sorry for her. Is she the only one in the world that doesn't get it? Jeff thought she was a really great person and he loves her as a friend. He was not attracted to her in the way you need to be attracted to your fiance. He tried, but couldn't bring himself to do it. I don't know if she just doesn't get it or if she is in denial. She seems kind of clueless to me, so I am not surprised that she didn't get it at first but hasn't someone explained things to her since then?

  10. #160
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Tenley

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3849579;
    I don't know if I am really annoyed with Tenley or if I feel sorry for her. Is she the only one in the world that doesn't get it? Jeff thought she was a really great person and he loves her as a friend. He was not attracted to her in the way you need to be attracted to your fiance. He tried, but couldn't bring himself to do it. I don't know if she just doesn't get it or if she is in denial. She seems kind of clueless to me, so I am not surprised that she didn't get it at first but hasn't someone explained things to her since then?
    I think it was hard for her to "get it" for the simple reason that Jake (not Jeff) did a grade-F lousy job of explaining it to her on the yacht. First he sits there with a glum expression and demeanor, and then when she drags an explanation out of him about what is wrong, he tells her some cockamamie drivel about physical and sexual attraction, that he feels one for her but not the other. Since Tenley, like most other intelligent people, doesn't see that there is any difference between the two, she would like to know what he means by that, and he hems and haws and comes up with something totally unintelligible and nonsensical. She tried to get an intelligent explanation from him, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. So to me, she was not at all clueless ... just confused by Jake because he didn't want to "crush her" (his words) by telling the truth and is not a good enough communicator to have done so tactfully and honestly. He admitted later on national TV that physical and sexual attraction are the same thing to him, but he didn't admit it to her when she asked.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.