Closed Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Rozlyn

Re: Rozlyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3794247;
    Maybe the staffer was the one coming on to her, or acting too friendly or touchy-feely, and she just didn't discourage him but didn't return his interest, either, other than just polite friendliness. Doubt we'll ever know. I just resent the heck out of CH and the show trying to manipulate gullible viewers into believing something, using deliberately vague terminology, without any explanation at all of what the "inappropriate" behavior was. Rozlyn's comment about her personal life not being anyone's business was probably in response to something entirely different and not about the nature of her "relationship" with the producer. It was all highly edited to be deceptive. I have no interest or stake in being a Rozlyn defender; I just dislike the manipulation and CH's part in it, with his pseudo-concerned, phony moral high-ground, patronizing attitude.
    Yes we do know. The staffer and Roz were let go.

I posted some of this in the spoilers section, but see no reason not to post here, too.

After watching season after season of Bachelor shows, it is becoming clear that not everyone cast is "there for the right reasons". And, honestly, I don't find that to be much of a big deal.

During Jillian's season we have at least two contestants, Wes and Ed clearly not into the show premise when the season began. Although I believe Wes clearly liked Jillian, in a friendship way, he pretty much left as he came, but meanwhile gave plenty of footage for production to use. Ed, on the other hand, evolved, embracing the process and found love.

I guess what it comes down to, for me anyway, is the show is all about the girls being open to love, letting go ("the process") and competing for the affections of the program's focus, and this season that would be Jake. A girl carrying on, flirting or whatever with a staffer would be crossing the line.

It would be one thing to express feelings about Joe Blow back home, but another for a girl to play up to Joe Blow on the set and to have those interactions requited. I rather doubt it matters who of the two initiated the "inappropriate relationship", because it only takes one to not reciprocate.

It can be argued, that like Jillian's Ed, Rozlyn might have had a change of heart, and so she should have remained. However, they asked her to leave ... and so there had to be a reason.

Was there sex between the two on the set? I don't believe that for a minute, but whatever it was, it defined physical and requited. Moreover, the two formed a strong enough bond for they saw each other after the show, although, at this time, the two are not dating.

There was one comment Rozlyn made that connected the dots for me --- when she mentioned other girls with unresolved relationships back home. Why would she have said that if not to attempt to assert that what she was discussing with Chris was no different than what going on with others?

Like you, I don't have a dog in the fight, but expressed what pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 01-12-2010 at 06:48 PM.

FORT Newbie

It looked to me like the scene was highly edited. The conversation barely made sense. They were obviously talking about other things that got cut out. And, if she was as quiet as it seemed, I think she knew better than to open her mouth and risk the chance of her words being used in the wrong way (just like they did with her "personal life" comment).

The girls are told from the very beginning that they are not allowed to even try to talk to the production staff. The staff is given strict orders to not talk to the girls. They are very serious about this and even if she had a simple conversation with a staffer and the producers already knew she wanted to leave, it gave them a GREAT way to send her home. Instant drama, ratings, and unfortunately, a girl thrown under the bus (as mentioned in many posts).

If you notice when Chris tells the girls she is being sent home, some of the girls seem to be crying for her (and Ali was one of them, who seems pretty genuine to me). I think a handful of them knew that it was not under quite the same circumstances that Chris would have them believe.

FORT Newbie

Obviously the scandal with her is blown out of proportions. Quit making a big deal out of it Chris to add more drama to the flat, boring show. I do not believe she had sex with any of the producers, just a close relationship. Using "inappropriate behavior" to make it seems like it's obviously about sex is just plain deceiving.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3794327;
    Yes we do know. The staffer and Roz were let go.
    Obviously.

What I said was I doubt we'll ever know the truth about what really happened between the two people involved in whatever was deemed inappropriate. Nothing you wrote subsequent to the above quote from your post indicates that "we (or you) do know."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3794355;
    Obviously.

What I said was I doubt we'll ever know the truth about what really happened between the two people involved in whatever was deemed inappropriate. Nothing you wrote subsequent to the above quote from your post indicates that "we (or you) do know."
    We do know that a staffer lost his job during a bad economy and we do know Roz was also asked to leave the show.

We do know that Rozlyn has said that she continued her relationship with this producer, although they are not currently dating.

We do know that Chris Harrison said "physical".

There is probably quite a bit left on the cutting room floor that has to do with also transpired, but that doesn't change the end result.

Again, why would Rozlyn, during her conversation with Chris Harrison even mention other girls with boyfriends back home on the show? I guess, it could be that she has one, but if that was the only reason, how would that explain the staff member being let go?

FORT Regular

She looked really pretty in her ET interview . I don't believe a word she says. Yes the producers tell them what to do and exaggerate situations. But what happened, happened. She's just trying to cover her butt because she's mad that they edited her badly and kicked her off. The contract says that the producers are allowed to do whatever they want with what they give them. She knew what happened with wes, ed. She should have known they would take advantage of that.

She said in interviews the staff member let her use his cell phone to call her son twice and mailed a card for her son. She probably flirted with him just to use his phone.

They did a great job with the edit making her seem quiet and guilty.

She can't complain. She's getting so much attention...probably why she went on in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3794373;
    We do know that a staffer lost his job during a bad economy and we do know Roz was also asked to leave the show.

We do know that Rozlyn has said that she continued her relationship with this producer, although they are not currently dating.

We do know that Chris Harrison said "physical".

There is probably quite a bit left on the cutting room floor that has to do with also transpired, but that doesn't change the end result.

Again, why would Rozlyn, during her conversation with Chris Harrison even mention other girls with boyfriends back home on the show? I guess, it could be that she has one, but if that was the only reason, how would that explain the staff member being let go?
    Fired from the "set" is not the same as fired from the job. I haven't seen anything that clarifies what happened here. And as I've posted elsewhere, often they are short term gigs -- the same crew hop from Next show to Next show (that's the name of the production company), or even from company to company. Vagabonds, traveling from crew to crew.

Ok. I'm confused. Has there been any proof that this didn't really happen?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3794634;
    Ok. I'm confused. Has there been any proof that this didn't really happen?
    Nope.

However, what is true is that Fleiss plays dirty, in that participants are thrown under the bus if it benefits the show --- you know, drama and ratings.

Was there sex on the set between Roslyn and the producer? I don't believe that true or even a possibility. But, also doubt it as innocent as use of a cell phone and mailing a card.

Jake isn't commenting that Rozlyn cheated on him to tow the company line --- no doubt that he believes that true and must be included as part of the equation.

Closed Thread