Closed Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rozlyn

FORT Fogey

Re: Rozlyn

The way it was handled (and I, too, at first thought it was weird that she wasn't defending herself or even acting surprised until I figured what was shown was a highly edited version of what took place) makes me think very poorly of Chris Harrison, that he went along with all this knowing it was portraying the situation as a sexual liaison. I wonder if "inappropriate relationship" was ever accurately explained to Jake, or did he think throughout the rest of filming that she had had a sexual affair with a staffer? Another thing I thought was weird was after that scene, one of the girls (can't remember which) said something about how Rozlyn had sex with the guy THREE HOURS after talking about how much she liked Jake, etc. Where did that bit of allegedly "factual" information come from?

I know the show manipulates people and situations, but this is one of the dirtiest tricks ever, and CH is such a hypocrite so seriously explaining how they did what they did out of respect for Jake and the other girls, when he is just standing there lying to the very same Jake and the other girls ... and the viewers ... about the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3794037;
    The way it was handled (and I, too, at first thought it was weird that she wasn't defending herself or even acting surprised until I figured what was shown was a highly edited version of what took place) makes me think very poorly of Chris Harrison, that he went along with all this knowing it was portraying the situation as a sexual liaison. I wonder if "inappropriate relationship" was ever accurately explained to Jake, or did he think throughout the rest of filming that she had had a sexual affair with a staffer? Another thing I thought was weird was after that scene, one of the girls (can't remember which) said something about how Rozlyn had sex with the guy THREE HOURS after talking about how much she liked Jake, etc. Where did that bit of allegedly "factual" information come from?

I know the show manipulates people and situations, but this is one of the dirtiest tricks ever, and CH is such a hypocrite so seriously explaining how they did what they did out of respect for Jake and the other girls, when he is just standing there lying to the very same Jake and the other girls ... and the viewers ... about the entire thing.
    It was obvious that TPTB and CH threw Roz under the bus for ratings...

Then why would she sign off on the way she was edited?

I feel really bad for Rozlyn. I'm glad she's going into interviews with a pretty positive attitude though (like this YouTube - Rozlyn Papa Interview about Bachelor Scandal). Even though she talks about how the show is a very scripted show with a purpose of entertaining, I'll bet a lot of people still won't believe her because they're just that naive in believing what reality TV is all about.

FORT Regular

I hope she can turn this into something good for herself/career. Melissa turned out pretty good after the Jason dumping.

Quote Originally Posted by parrierajr;3794061;
    I hope she can turn this into something good for herself/career. Melissa turned out pretty good after the Jason dumping.
    Melissa > Rozlyn.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3794042;
    It was obvious that TPTB and CH threw Roz under the bus for ratings...
    Yep, but it also obvious that she gave them precisely what needed to throw her under that bus.

She just wrongly assumed that nothing of what she said or did mattered, that she would get a free pass, and she didn't.

Life lessons, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by parrierajr;3794061;
    Yes, after supposedly finding the love of her life, getting dumped, going on DWTS and GMA, Melssa decided to go back and hook up with the previous love of her life (only took her a few months) and get married.
    Roz on DWTS . . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3794098;
    Yep, but it also obvious that she gave them precisely what needed to throw her under that bus.

She just wrongly assumed that nothing of what she said or did mattered, that she would get a free pass, and she didn't.

Life lessons, you know?
    Maybe the staffer was the one coming on to her, or acting too friendly or touchy-feely, and she just didn't discourage him but didn't return his interest, either, other than just polite friendliness. Doubt we'll ever know. I just resent the heck out of CH and the show trying to manipulate gullible viewers into believing something, using deliberately vague terminology, without any explanation at all of what the "inappropriate" behavior was. Rozlyn's comment about her personal life not being anyone's business was probably in response to something entirely different and not about the nature of her "relationship" with the producer. It was all highly edited to be deceptive. I have no interest or stake in being a Rozlyn defender; I just dislike the manipulation and CH's part in it, with his pseudo-concerned, phony moral high-ground, patronizing attitude.

FORT Fogey

I understand how editing can change the story but if she didn't do anything "inappropriate" then why did she bring up past relationships and women having feelings for exes and all of that? I am not so sure I believe her. On the other hand, how does a contestant knock boots with a producer and none of the other women are suspicious of it? That probably didn't happen either. Rozlyn was probably trying to get some extended fame and trying to be the next bachelorette or something. What aired was really suggestive. We don't really know the nature of what happened. But there was obviously at least some flirtation on Rozlyn's end.

Anyway, Rozlyn was far too competitive and clearly needed to go home anyway. Jake was a dope for not realizing that and he went scrambling to give her a rose the second he got some action. I hope she went home because of her contract. If she was having an "inappropriate" relationship with a staffer, who cares? Jake is out there doing the same thing. I don't think it was necessary to send her home for doing what he's doing unless it was a breach of contract. I don't think there is anything wrong with the contestants playing the field. It always seems like these women haven't had a man in ages. If he can play the field, the women should be able to as well.

Closed Thread