Closed Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Rozlyn

Re: Rozlyn

Quote Originally Posted by shetreshe;3840243;
    audidtioning for "Hollywood"? How do you audition for Hollywood?
    Oh, didn't you hear? If you want to move to Hollywood, whether buying a house or condo, or renting an apartment, you have to audition at the same time you put down your security deposit. It's the law.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

One of the important things revealed during the Women Tell All show is that the women say that they first approached the producers about their discomfort with the "friendship" between Rozlyn and one producer.

If true, it would have been great to hear the discussions. The HR and legal department would have to be immediately notified since an accusation of this type could expose the show to legal action, either from Rozlyn, the other contestants, or possibly even investors.

I have no doubt that they proceeded with two goals: minimize legal exposure and maximize the drama. They approached their employee first, who apparently admitted to enough of a problem that his employment was terminated.

They then considered what to do with Rozlyn. Her contractual situation was less clear, although the implication of keeping a women on the show that had little interest in Jake was pretty clear. The best way to minimize long-term risk to the show would be to send Rozlyn home. And conveniently for them, it could also be dramatic, although possibly not as dramatic as allowing her to stay and become the villain instead of Vienna.

The fact that she had some on-going disagreement with the producers regarding calls to her son probably didn't figure very highly into the decision. If anything, that situation may have encouraged the show to keep her to avoid the situation they find themselves in now with Rozlyn trying to link the two issues.

This is all pretty straight forward once HR and lawyers get involved.

I don't believe her story about them not letting her phone her son. Why her and not the other moms? I think she was mad her ex wouldn't allow her son on the show and she wouldn't be able to do the date with him that Ella got. I have no doubt that her intentions were to get as much screen time as possible so she should thank the show because she's getting her wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Daturian;3840556;
    Ladies, let this be a lesson to you. No matter how “hot” you think you are, don’t degrade yourself by acting like Roz — ie, exposing your crotch, doing the shimmy to attract guys, etc You may like the attention you get in the moment, but you will be dismissed as a dimwitted bimbo — and no one will take you seriously.

As for Roz, I am not fan of hers. I think she exploits her sexuality. Imagine how much more impact she would have, with her beauty, if she were modest and conducted herself with class and discretion instead of acting like a sex craved maniac.

Having said that, I support Roz here. Let’s break this down, shall we:

Motive: ABC dismissed Roz and the producer for an “inappropriate relationship,” implying they had slept together. However, after that happened, Roz told the public that she had merely used the phone of a producer after she was told she could only speak on the phone with the cameras rolling.

Why would the producer be fired?

He could have been fired for merely violating protocol and disobeying orders. His loyalty was with a contestant, not the show. That alone is grounds for dismissal.

Roz’s willful breaking of the rules is also grounds for dismissal.

Why I beileve Roz:

1. None of the women saw a thing after she was dismissed. They suddenly remembered things after being coached for WTA.
    2. The women contradicted themselves.
    3. CH couldn’t confirm a thing – so he had to rely on hearsay. Did he dismiss a woman based upon gossip from other women who might have been jealous of Roz?
    4. THere was no evidence of this supposed relationship on film.
    5. After allegedly having tried to manufacture a scandal for ratings, ABC needed to save its ass and the reputation of its show — and so it threw Roz and the producer under a bus.

Do you not think ABC would be capable of this?

Consider this: how the networks manufactured the scandal to convince the public to support the war on Iraq. Their journalists took to the air and blatantly lied.

Michael Jackson. Martin Bashir got an exclusive with MJ for Nightline. In turn, MB used that opportunity to try to sell MJ as a pedophile. Statements were taken out of context. Insinuations were made. MB blatantly lied and misrepresented the entire interview to convince the public that MJ was molesting his children. Later, MJ produced his own video which contradicted MJ’s documentary. MB later retracted the entire story and admitted that MJ was a good man.

Why did MB do this? There was great ratings to be had by casting MJ as a freak and a pedo. In additon, MJ was challenging a record label on fraud charges or some other legal matter in a case which could have cost that company $millions. What better way to shoot MJ down that to ruin his reputation. ABC did this and deliberately.

Look. I don’t like Roz. I think she is stunning and very quick on her feet. I think she exploits her sexuality. Smart, good, decent women don’t do that. Yes, it’s easy. yes, society encourages women to let it all hang out and to use our parts as power. But women with true integrity and who respect men and respect male-female relationships conduct themselves in more respectful fashion.

However, ABC had motive, opportunity, and a part record of lying and character assassinations — stemming from even their NEWS DIVISION, which should be their flagship of integrity. They do it without so much as a second thought on behalf of their own bottom line. What was at stake here? CH, Mike Fleiss, and the Bachelor show made out to be a big, mendacious Joke.

What other motive might they have had? If CH did indeed have an affair with the producer’s wife, what better way to get rid of the problem then to fire the producer. Isn’t that what happens when a powerful man makes a pass at a female coworker who rejects him? He fires her and gets rid of the problem and humiliation she reminds him of? I can’t tell you that when Roz confronted him with that statement, that he looked mortified and stunned. THat was not the reaction of someone who was guilt-less. If she had lied, he could have laughed at her. IN fact, I saw him laughing as women were saying outrageous things are her alleged “inappropriate relationship.”

ABC is lying to save its ass. Because she is fighting back, they are going to use all the power at their disposal to destroy her. Worst of all, their propaganda effort appears to be working. Look at the posts on here.

The statements were absurd. ANd Gia’s comment after Roz denied the relationship — that “why didn’t you just leave the show since you were in love with him.” Roz said nothing happened – and yet, Gia acted as though the accusation was the gospel truth, even though it was based on hearsay.

Also, why did ABC have a need to zoom in on facial expressionsn of disbelief and disgust at Roz? That is subliminal programming. Those people must think she is guilty — so she must be. The audience members are ABC employees., They were coached too! Did you notice when the audience clapped to support points ROz made that the applause was edited out? You heard the beginning for a second and then it stopped abruptly.

If she were guilty, why did they sequester her away from the other women? Wouldn’t it have made for better TV and higher ratings to have her sitting there among them?

As for the women’s statements, consider Gia’s statement that Roz shoudl have been grateful for the opportunity ABC gave her. Imagine that ABC’s contract stipulates that the participants have to say what they are told. They are given lines to read. If these women wanrt opportunities for celebrity, do you think they woudl defy ABC? Did Tanner not claim he heard Wes admit to a girlfriend on MTA only to retract it afterwards on grounds that ABC made him say it?

Come on. ABC is selling a scandal. There was no need for details. If ABC had any class and integrity, they could have allowed Roz to say her piece and then say that they could agree to disagree, instead of asking for details which publicly embarrassed and damaged Roz’s reputation for life.

As for her visiting him, if Roz were lying about everything else, why didn’t she lie about seeing him too, given how that visit would look? People are consistent, and yet she was upfront about that. There are many reasons why he could have visited her, many of which have nothing to do with sex. Most people assume sex since she is gorgeous and she was made out to be a harlot. But the man’s father accompanied him. How romantic would that be? In addition, don’t you think that if you were being accused of illicit things as part of a national smear campaign, that you woudln’t want to seek support and even counsel from others who were being smeared alonjg with you? Maybe you’d even want to develop a strategy and figure out how to combat this.

Given how lacking in integrity ABC is, I am inclined to disbelieve ABC,

Roz is not my kind of person, but I do believer her account of what happened. Yes, she might have flirted a little, as that is her nature, but does it even make sense from the producer’s perspective that he would be canoodling with Roz after she got intimate with another man just hours earlier? WHat man wants sloppy seconds? Plus he is married.
    ABC’s version of events does not make sense, IMO.
    Very excellent post, bravo for the part about the network, showrunner and minions. But the "sloppy seconds" reference--that was uncalled for. Methinks there is a double standard adopted by many men. What exactly are the women on this show getting, if not "sloppy seconds" or third, fourth, fifth or sixth...23rd?

But anyway, I read that Ryan was already divorced (or separated?) before the filming of Jake's season.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 02-26-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Daturian;3840556;
    instead of asking for details which publicly embarrassed and damaged Roz’s reputation for life.
    Rozlyn herself made her reputation bad. She's in her late 20s for gosh sakes, and she uses the technique of bringing up someone else's faults that are totally irrevalent within the context in order to downplay her own actions (with Ella, the uterus comment, with Chris the "hitting on" comment). Her argument style is completely elementary, and she needs to take an "Intro to Logic" class.

She thinks just because she didn't have straight-out sex with the guy, that it's not being disrespectful toward Jake or the show. But she is wrong wrong wrong. Even kissing someone else is totally inappropriate when she's suppossed to be trying to get Jake. She just, doesn't seem to realize that.

I know most won't want to listen to a two hour interview, but Roz answered most if not all of these things on RS. I don't buy the Roz smut campaign that TB was putting out there this season. Just saying.

In reality (this is a reality show afterall) it's all about entertaining you and me and all our other friends who watch this show. Right of wrong it's there for it's entertainment value and that's how I view everything this show produces. Any other interviews done outside this show are someone else just trying to make a buck themselves.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Fogey

I just watched the last episode! I taped it! Wow. Rozlyn hasn't a leg to stand on. She should have just come clean and admitted wrong doing in the beginning. Now she just comes off as a liar AND mentioning that the producer was married just makes her a homewrecker.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3841812;
    I just watched the last episode! I taped it! Wow. Rozlyn hasn't a leg to stand on. She should have just come clean and admitted wrong doing in the beginning. Now she just comes off as a liar AND mentioning that the producer was married just makes her a homewrecker.
    Wrong.

Regarding Chris hitting on Ryan's wife-at-the-time, Roz was referring to New Zealand, where (and when) Jason's season was filmed. At some point after the filming of Jason's season, and before the filming of Jake's season, Ryan became separated, if not divorced.

This is my understanding of it all, anyway.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Closed Thread