Closed Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 220

Thread: Rozlyn

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey tango7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Rozlyn

    Roz was on "The Insider" last night. She was pathetic. But Jimmy Kimmel Live had a skit about the incident. Hilarious.

  2. #92
    FORT Fan TruLove04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    188

    Re: Rozlyn

    I'm on her side through all this - I keep thinking that the girls moving in, and Roz's exit all happened within 4 or 5 days. That is nowhere enough time to fall for a producer, have Jake fall for you and have all the crazy transpire. Something must have been overblown and my guess is TPTB are responsible. Roz seems flirty, she seems touchy even with the girls - the producer probably had a crush and she didn't stop it and instead let a friendship develop which is a no-no on reality TV.
    Team Reilly

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey tango7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Rozlyn

    That is nowhere enough time to fall for a producer
    No one has said that she 'fell' for a producer. The problem was her actions, not her feelings.

    While it's true we/the viewers don't know all the details, ABC is not obligated to tell us all the details. That would make the show all about Rozlyn. I wish they had just sent her home and said she's not longer a contestant. So what if people wonder and speculate; they do that anyway. The incident has been given far more attention than it merits.
    Last edited by tango7; 01-13-2010 at 12:20 PM.

  4. #94
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Rozlyn

    I have this weird feeling she may have been friends with the guy before she even went on the show. I could be wrong but if she didn't have intimate relations with him on the show, the only other explanation would be that she somehow got onto the show through him because of a friendship.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  5. #95
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    66

    Re: Rozlyn

    There is no way this is a baseless acusation. They have explicitly said "You have entered into an inappropriate relationship with a staffer." If there was really nothing to it, Rozlyn would be able to sue them for slander.

    The clip on EW has a little more information. It sounds like she was cuddling with the staffer on the couch. It doesn't sound like it was really that bad of an offense. It probably should have been handled with a warning. But they needed drama so they kicked her off instead.

    Does anyone know if the contestant's contract prohibits them from getting involved with the staffers? If it's in the contract, then it's pretty cut-and-dry that she was not supposed to do that. But if it's not in the contract, then she is free to date whoever she wants. It would clarify if the relationship was inappropriate because of the contract or just because of the producer's opinions.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Rozlyn

    Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3795359;
    There is no way this is a baseless acusation. They have explicitly said "You have entered into an inappropriate relationship with a staffer." If there was really nothing to it, Rozlyn would be able to sue them for slander.

    The clip on EW has a little more information. It sounds like she was cuddling with the staffer on the couch. It doesn't sound like it was really that bad of an offense. It probably should have been handled with a warning. But they needed drama so they kicked her off instead.

    Does anyone know if the contestant's contract prohibits them from getting involved with the staffers? If it's in the contract, then it's pretty cut-and-dry that she was not supposed to do that. But if it's not in the contract, then she is free to date whoever she wants. It would clarify if the relationship was inappropriate because of the contract or just because of the producer's opinions.
    The contract includes advance release/waiver of any claims for libel, slander, etc. Disputes are arbitrated, not litigated in court. I posted a prior version of the contract that FORT member sdl located last year on the 1/11 episode thread. It's very long and has dozen or more provisions that might relate to this Rozlyn scenario.

  7. #97
    ♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    1,986

    Re: Rozlyn

    Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3795343;
    No one has said that she 'fell' for a producer. The problem was her actions, not her feelings.

    While it's true we/the viewers don't know all the details, ABC is not obligated to tell us all the details. That would make the show all about Rozlyn. I wish they had just sent her home and said she's not longer a contestant. So what if people wonder and speculate; they do that anyway. The incident has been given far more attention than it merits.
    I guess JAKE's too boring?
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

  8. #98
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    66

    Re: Rozlyn

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3795363;
    The contract includes advance release/waiver of any claims for libel, slander, etc. Disputes are arbitrated, not litigated in court. I posted a prior version of the contract that FORT member sdl located last year on the 1/11 episode thread. It's very long and has dozen or more provisions that might relate to this Rozlyn scenario.
    I don't believe that the contract would allow the producers to make totally baseless lies and slanderous statements. For example, regardless of what's in the contract, I don't think they could state that Rozlyn is a crack addict unless they had some evidence for that.

    You can put anything you want in a contract, but it's still up to a judge to enforce it. There's no way ABC would have CH explicitly state the inappropriate relationship unless there was something to it. If there was nothing to it and the producers just wanted to fabricate something, they would have handled it like this:

    - Rozlyn is pulled aside
    - Chris comes back and says that Rozlyn had to leave for an unspecified reason
    - The girls are shown coming up with wild stories--She was cuddling with the producer, she missed her kid, she threw an ashtray out a window, etc. All speculation.

    But the fact that CH explicitly made the statement means there has to be something to it. The producers would not open themselves up to litigation like that. They wouldn't need to. They could boot her off and just edit in all the clips of the women talking.

  9. #99
    ♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    1,986

    Re: Rozlyn

    ^I guess the word(s) "inappropriate relationship" was carefully chosen by the lawyers and the psychologist for CH to use so they won't be sued later on for slander since it's too vague of a word?

    Because come to think of it, whatever Roz and this staff did no matter how minor it was, still falls on the "inappropriate relationship" category since they both crossed the line from what is written on their respective contracts. But then again it does't necessarily mean anything "sexual" --- "physical", yes it's definitely possible.
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

  10. #100
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Rozlyn

    Quote Originally Posted by warrenn;3795396;
    I don't believe that the contract would allow the producers to make totally baseless lies and slanderous statements. For example, regardless of what's in the contract, I don't think they could state that Rozlyn is a crack addict unless they had some evidence for that.

    You can put anything you want in a contract, but it's still up to a judge to enforce it. There's no way ABC would have CH explicitly state the inappropriate relationship unless there was something to it. If there was nothing to it and the producers just wanted to fabricate something, they would have handled it like this:

    - Rozlyn is pulled aside
    - Chris comes back and says that Rozlyn had to leave for an unspecified reason
    - The girls are shown coming up with wild stories--She was cuddling with the producer, she missed her kid, she threw an ashtray out a window, etc. All speculation.

    But the fact that CH explicitly made the statement means there has to be something to it. The producers would not open themselves up to litigation like that. They wouldn't need to. They could boot her off and just edit in all the clips of the women talking.
    Totally get that. Have posted over the years about unconscionability myself. I used to get kind of fired up, until I realized the business realities.

    -- the agreements have added LOADS of elements of consideration flowing toward the contestant to support the bargain (cash, and options for future work in television leading the way) over the years
    -- confidential arbitration clause is a barrier to plaintiff's lawyer running to court to shame or extort the network, etc.
    -- network can assuage /compensate / hush up disappointed contestants lots of ways ("would you like to be on DWTS" comes to mind; agreement to selectively waive the bans on talking to the media may well be happening in Roz's case)
    -- most of the affected contestants hope to "work in this town again" to use a tired metaphor -- Wes needs to sell CDs, Melissa would rather have On Air gigs than a lawsuit
    -- what are the $$ damages? Roz is now more famous (and still a beautiful model) than ever.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.