+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elizabeth D.C.

Re: Elizabeth D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3772281;
    Elizabeth appears to be a complete package. Maybe over Jake's head though.
    I'm looking forward to meeting her she looks like the kind of woman I go for!
    Yes she really does. I'm thoroughly impressed but may be too much for Jake.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

I am bummed. She was my preshow favorite. I wonder why he didn't keep her?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3784897;
    I am bummed. She was my preshow favorite. I wonder why he didn't keep her?
    I thought Elizabeth came off really well last night. She was fun, funny, centered, mature and held her own really well in the group and with Jake. All I can think is that maybe Jake is more into glamour gals than he would like to admit. Or maybe he was intimidated by her impressive resume and thought her accomplishments would dwarf his.

I liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3784935;
    I thought Elizabeth came off really well last night. She was fun, funny, centered, mature and held her own really well in the group and with Jake. All I can think is that maybe Jake is more into glamour gals than he would like to admit. Or maybe he was intimidated by her impressive resume and thought her accomplishments would dwarf his.

I liked her.
    So did I. I think they wouldn't have worked anyway. Hopefully, some guys with some brain cells will take a notice and take a chance in asking her out!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3784935;
    All I can think is that maybe Jake is more into glamour gals than he would like to admit.
    Too bad he didnt give her a chance to wear the bikini her mom sent her. That scene was so funny!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3778761;
    She was not a pilot. Her roll was as Public Affairs Officer. Thunderbird #1 thru #6 are the primary pilots. Usually they also carry 2 extra pilots with extra planes if they have a breakdown. #1 would be the Ranking Officer and leader of the squadron. There may be as many as 40-50 people involved that travel with the Thunderbirds. Others would be support people. It takes a lot to move the planes and all the gear and extra parts around the world. Elizabeth is a Naval Academy Graduate and Journalist. She made a cross move to the Air Force to take the Thunderbird position. Being a part of this unit is equal to the Navy Blue Angels. I'm more familiar with that unit as I know someone who was a pilot for two years with the Blue Angels. These units are the elite flyers in the services but are also chosen because of their PR abilities. It is a great honor for Elizabeth to have served with the Thunderbirds!

I think my son has her autograph! I'll have to go look for it. We go to all of the Thunderbird shows near here and always stay for the meet and greet after. The support staff line up with the pilots and are usually just as busy signing. He used to make it a point to get all of the autographs. I remember a few years when we talked to some females (not many). Now that he's a teenager, he's probably too jaded for that any more! I was really hoping Jake would keep her. I don't think it had anything to do with his being intimidated or preferring the glamour girls; I just think he didn't feel that "connection"!

First thing I said when I saw her last night...GORGEOUS! My uncle said the same thing. Then it showed shes a Captain, all the more I was impressed. She and Ali were my favorite. I was sad he didnt pick her. I would have wanted to see more of her.

Is there a possible way for her to be the next The Bachelorette? Sure she wasnt seen much but I am sure she caught a lot of guys' attention. I would watch her show.

I thought Jake was a bore but its just the first episode.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3784897;
    I wonder why he didn't keep her?
    Because she was too smart and accomplished for him. Someone else noticed that he didn't keep the other pilot either.

I really liked Elizabeth and thought she was classy. I hope she finds her Prince Charming very soon!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3785379;
    Because she was too smart and accomplished for him. Someone else noticed that he didn't keep the other pilot either.

I really liked Elizabeth and thought she was classy. I hope she finds her Prince Charming very soon!
    Welcome back CSW. It is good to see you. Elizabeth is not a pilot but a journalist and Public Affairs Officer. She is a very bright Naval Academy Grad. I too agree that she and Ali are my fav's if I had a Favorite. She is exactly what a guy like me would want. See my other posts in this thread - I really like this gal. Too bad we have seen the last of Elizabeth. I'm really going to miss her.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Me too! She seemed intelligent, well-rounded and beautiful. Out of his league maybe?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast