Closed Thread
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ali

Re: Ali

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3833901;
    I liked Ali in the beginning--A LOT. I am not upset with the way she conducted herself as many people are. I wasn't even put off by her crying. Even if you forget about the edit, meanness, and her decision to quit, there are still problems...

I just don't believe she has a big enough personality for television. (Jake doesn't, either.) She's not outgoing enough, funny enough, interesting enough, spontaneous enough, creative/original/clever/exciting/quirky, etc., etc. She dresses poorly and/or with little effort (clothes and face). She's Miss Plain Jane.

On top of that the show has very weak editors and casting directors who themselves are equally unoriginal and uninspired. They recycle because they are incapable of original ideas.

What would Ali do with 25 guys? Take each one to a morgue? That grandma thing was way out. I can't imagine spending two hours a week for several weeks watching Ali. She's probably perfect at Facebook but she's not made for TV. I hope she hooks up with Jake so she's not on TV again.

P.S. Vienna would be a good Bette. She has the personality for it at least. Never a dull moment with that girl!
    I read that Ali is very popular and all the guys really like her. I don't think she will have a lot of trouble with 25 guys. She has said she doesn't know how good she would be at the Bachelorette since she doesn't fall quickly and she tends to see what is in their mind first. She said she was afraid she would be just drilling them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3834575;
    Ali has said in post interviews that Vienna said some very hurtful things to her that hurt her, but they didn't show that on tv. I think they were probably gracious in their edit of V and she was as RS and others have said much worse than was shown.
    Yes, Ali did say that in interviews when attempting to justify how her "helpfulness", captured on camera, was being perceived.

From what I understand, RS was not part of the filming of the Bachelor, and he would only know from whichever contestant had the beans spilled this season.

Not for nothing, but Jake did refer to Ali as the "instigator".

IMO, there is a negativeness to Ali that doesn't exist in, for example, Jillian and, if the Bachelorette, Ali's season should prove to be entertaining --- to say the least --- who knows, maybe even a complete train wreck.

From all accounts it was Vienna who was the instigator and Jake wasn't around to see it or didn't want to acknowledge it. It doesn't matter now and what's done is done. Ali's not perfect but I think she'd be a lot better than America's "sweetheart", Jen Sheft who ended up being a disaster. Worst case there's always the 25 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3833901;
    I liked Ali in the beginning--A LOT. I am not upset with the way she conducted herself as many people are. I wasn't even put off by her crying. Even if you forget about the edit, meanness, and her decision to quit, there are still problems...

I just don't believe she has a big enough personality for television. (Jake doesn't, either.) She's not outgoing enough, funny enough, interesting enough, spontaneous enough, creative/original/clever/exciting/quirky, etc., etc. She dresses poorly and/or with little effort (clothes and face). She's Miss Plain Jane.

On top of that the show has very weak editors and casting directors who themselves are equally unoriginal and uninspired. They recycle because they are incapable of original ideas.

What would Ali do with 25 guys? Take each one to a morgue? That grandma thing was way out. I can't imagine spending two hours a week for several weeks watching Ali. She's probably perfect at Facebook but she's not made for TV. I hope she hooks up with Jake so she's not on TV again.

P.S. Vienna would be a good Bette. She has the personality for it at least. Never a dull moment with that girl!
    Ali i think is going to make a better bette cause at least she will use her wits and mind to make good choices and send home losers or those that wasnt there for the right reasons im sure she would want things to be her way cause then it her turn to find the right guy since jake told her to stay where she was at when she wanted to come back i guess you learn from mistakes and i think she make a fascinating season and hopefully pick a good guy and finally have some success with the franchise

I just hope for Ali's sake that MF doesn't decide to play up the fact that she gave her job up to be on The Bachelorette. I can see the edit spinning in my mind....

"I gave up my job for this and 'ya'll' (or something fitting for someone from the east) aren't here for the same reasons"! Nah, he wouldn't pull the Deanna line/script again... or would he?

I wish Ali nothing but the best. Good luck to Ali!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3835012;
    I just hope for Ali's sake that MF doesn't decide to play up the fact that she gave her job up to be on The Bachelorette. I can see the edit spinning in my mind....

"I gave up my job for this and 'ya'll' (or something fitting for someone from the east) aren't here for the same reasons"! Nah, he wouldn't pull the Deanna line/script again... or would he?

I wish Ali nothing but the best. Good luck to Ali!
    Actually, I can see Fleiss doing just that, taking the script from DeAnna's season and placing it into Ali's (If she is the next bachelorette.) Lol I wouldn't put it past him.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Didn't Ali say that she was granted the leave of absence after she had left the show? Is it possible that is what she will do in the case of the bachelorette? Too Long?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3835056;
    Didn't Ali say that she was granted the leave of absence after she had left the show? Is it possible that is what she will do in the case of the bachelorette? Too Long?
    In her teleconference she said that she had to make a tough choice on whether to stay or leave the show because of work, and if she would be offered the bachelorette, she'd have to be faced with that decision again.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Ali was rather silent in last night's WTA. She is behaving herself just in case they choose her as the next Bette. I'd vote for Gia for that before Ali at this point. Ali was definitely my favorite early on but after her behavior in Epi 4's RC her shine wore off for me.

The edit last night left the door open as to the unresolved feelings Jake and Ali might still have for each other.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

I think that the looks between Ali and Jake at the WTA spoke volumes. There are still feelings there.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Closed Thread