Closed Thread
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ali

Re: Ali

If she is the Bachelorette, I'm done. I want them to pick people we've never met instead of recycling "poor pitiful rejects". Ugh. No one is there for anything more than camera time.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Eh, I quite like Ali. She'll be a fine b'ette, and folks will watch no matter how outraged or upset they are claiming to be.

Her edit may not be typical "next b'ette" but that doesn't really matter. Ali's worst offense is looking like a mean girl (which I don't disagree with), and people will accept her and forgive her and see what she has to offer next.

Until she experiences the kind of humiliation and scandal that have happened to Jason and Ed, then people may have some basis for saying people won't watch or she won't make a good b'ette. If people didn't give this show up after the two biggest scandals in bach history went down then little ole Ali being mean to a girl that everyone doesn't necessarily like anyway isn't going to majorly jar the ratings. imo of course.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3833896;
    Eh, I quite like Ali. She'll be a fine b'ette, and folks will watch no matter how outraged or upset they are claiming to be.

Her edit may not be typical "next b'ette" but that doesn't really matter. Ali's worst offense is looking like a mean girl (which I don't disagree with), and people will accept her and forgive her and see what she has to offer next.

Until she experiences the kind of humiliation and scandal that have happened to Jason and Ed, then people may have some basis for saying people won't watch or she won't make a good b'ette. If people didn't give this show up after the two biggest scandals in bach history went down then little ole Ali being mean to a girl that everyone doesn't necessarily like anyway isn't going to majorly jar the ratings. imo of course.
    I liked Ali in the beginning--A LOT. I am not upset with the way she conducted herself as many people are. I wasn't even put off by her crying. Even if you forget about the edit, meanness, and her decision to quit, there are still problems...

I just don't believe she has a big enough personality for television. (Jake doesn't, either.) She's not outgoing enough, funny enough, interesting enough, spontaneous enough, creative/original/clever/exciting/quirky, etc., etc. She dresses poorly and/or with little effort (clothes and face). She's Miss Plain Jane.

On top of that the show has very weak editors and casting directors who themselves are equally unoriginal and uninspired. They recycle because they are incapable of original ideas.

What would Ali do with 25 guys? Take each one to a morgue? That grandma thing was way out. I can't imagine spending two hours a week for several weeks watching Ali. She's probably perfect at Facebook but she's not made for TV. I hope she hooks up with Jake so she's not on TV again.

P.S. Vienna would be a good Bette. She has the personality for it at least. Never a dull moment with that girl!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3833901;
    I liked Ali in the beginning--A LOT. I am not upset with the way she conducted herself as many people are. I wasn't even put off by her crying. Even if you forget about the edit, meanness, and her decision to quit, there are still problems...

I just don't believe she has a big enough personality for television. (Jake doesn't, either.) She's not outgoing enough, funny enough, interesting enough, spontaneous enough, creative/original/clever/exciting/quirky, etc., etc. She dresses poorly and/or with little effort (clothes and face). She's Miss Plain Jane.

On top of that the show has very weak editors and casting directors who themselves are equally unoriginal and uninspired. They recycle because they are incapable of original ideas.

What would Ali do with 25 guys? Take each one to a morgue? That grandma thing was way out. I can't imagine spending two hours a week for several weeks watching Ali. She's probably perfect at Facebook but she's not made for TV. I hope she hooks up with Jake so she's not on TV again.

P.S. Vienna would be a good Bette. She has the personality for it at least. Never a dull moment with that girl!

I just dont think that Ali would be bad as the next bette at least alot better than Vienna who claims to have never been in love before when clearly she has.Ali has good personality and it may be different for her season and she can call the shots and pick the right men for her so she can find true love and not regret if she has resigned from her job.Jake was a fool to not take her back cause he would have had a great girl by his side

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3833901;

ITA with your post! Especially the bold sections. I loved Ali when she first stepped out of the limo, but I quickly became underwhelmed. And, she just wasn't nice. I can't imagine an entire show revolving around her.

The best part of your post, though, was that bit about the uninspired editors and casting directors!!! So true! Take that, Mr. Fleismeister!
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 02-21-2010 at 01:57 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3834323;
    ITA with your post! Especially the bold sections. I loved Ali when she first stepped out of the limo, but I quickly became underwhelmed. And, she just wasn't nice. I can't imagine an entire show revolving around her.

The best part of your post, though, was that bit about the uninspired editors and casting directors!!! So true! Take that, Mr. Fleismeister!
    I don't have a problem with Ali. We saw a couple little interactions between two women who didn't like each other and never got to see too much of the other side. This is 2010. Are we still requiring that NICE be the primary quality for a woman? Tenley and Gia seem "nice" but they both came on the show wounded and insecure because they let their mates treat them poorly. That's what "nice" gets you sometimes. LOL!

Unfortunately, "nice" is one of those catch-all words. (Like tofu - it takes on the flavor of whatever food it's paired with ) For me, her edit reminded me of a few women I know who are not pleasant to be around. I would never seek them out to be friends. There's just a meaner edge to them that's initially covered by smiles. I think it's ok to be nice. It doesn't have to mean that you're wounded or a pushover She's just not my cup of tea for an entire bachelorette series.

By the way, I thought Reid was nice.............and sweet, and funny, and a great catch!!

Quote Originally Posted by realitygirl523;3834253;
    I just dont think that Ali would be bad as the next bette at least alot better than Vienna who claims to have never been in love before when clearly she has.Ali has good personality and it may be different for her season and she can call the shots and pick the right men for her so she can find true love and not regret if she has resigned from her job.Jake was a fool to not take her back cause he would have had a great girl by his side
    I don't think Jake was a fool; he just wasn't that into her. As pretty as Ali is, and as helpful she thought she was being, she didn't fit Jake's main criteria of a woman with a heart of gold.

In hindsight or if she knew what ahead of her down the pike, Ali made the smart decision to leave on her own rather than being cut as F2 or F3. However, her departure scene so annoying, could it be that the entire phone call thingy staged so she would finally leave as more appealing and less of a mess?

True love? Maybe. However, Ali's ball-busting, passive-aggressiveness guarantees drama ... so I'd say Fleiss is getting exactly what he is looking for in Ali as his Bachelorette.

I like Ali a lot. She made a very mean comment to Vienna and has since realized how it came across. I think it didn't at the time because she was replying in kind to how Vienna spoke to her but we just didn't get to see it. I think she does has a good personality and reminds me of one of my favorite bachelorettes, Meredith, who was also accused of being mean during Bob's show. There was also the dead grandmother link. I doubt very much that Jake is a good pick for Ali, at least from what I think she's like. He's probably a nice guy but a bit too earnest and I think he'd drive me crazy on the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3833717;
    Ali is nobody's doormat but if she ever finds her significant other he would definitely be HER doormat, unless he's man enough to confront her when she sets all the rules.

So, according to some people Ali's outrage was justified, but now Ali is backpedaling and apologizing to Vienna for her behavior. Is it sincere or is she selling her soul to the devil for her chance at being the "lovable" bachelorette?
    Ali has said in post interviews that Vienna said some very hurtful things to her that hurt her, but they didn't show that on tv. I think they were probably gracious in their edit of V and she was as RS and others have said much worse than was shown.

Closed Thread