Closed Thread
Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 420

Thread: Ali

  1. #371
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3828758;
    You know Ali may actually get a raise at Facebook for choosing the company over relationship. Heck, you could even build an ad campaign around her! :-\/

    I hope she receives a salary commensurate with her commitment.
    If she had any part in the most recent "upgrades" to the FB interface, I say she deserves to be Fleissed and diced.

  2. #372
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: Ali

    Ali is a really tough sell for The B'ette the more I think about it. The editor totally screwed up.

    The previous recycled "actresses" were either Mr. Nice Guy (Jason, Jake) or Ms. Nice Girl (Gillian). Ali got a horrible edit which turned her into Ms. Mean Girl--the total opposite of the previously recycled stars! On top of that, whereas the previous nice people lost in love because of somebody else's decision, Ali lost because of her own decision to leave choosing work (!) over love.

    Very, very difficult to be emotionally invested in Ali. She may be a great person but she got the worst possible edit for the next Bette. Ratings will be horrible.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

  3. #373
    Warped Reality TV_Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    423

    Re: Ali

    I really hope she is not the next 'Bachelorette'... I want fresh meat! And that gos for 'The Bachelor' as well!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

  4. #374
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,407

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3832041;
    Ali is a really tough sell for The B'ette the more I think about it. The editor totally screwed up.

    The previous recycled "actresses" were either Mr. Nice Guy (Jason, Jake) or Ms. Nice Girl (Gillian). Ali got a horrible edit which turned her into Ms. Mean Girl--the total opposite of the previously recycled stars! On top of that, whereas the previous nice people lost in love because of somebody else's decision, Ali lost because of her own decision to leave choosing work (!) over love.

    Very, very difficult to be emotionally invested in Ali. She may be a great person but she got the worst possible edit for the next Bette. Ratings will be horrible.

    i disagree- there are still a lot A LOT of Ali supporters out there. The message boarders are only a very small percentage of the viewers and without the extra knowledge that comes from boarding the average viewer looks at her as a sympathetic person, in relation to her relationship with Vienna (which appeared to be a two-way street) and Jake rejecting her when she begged to come back (as phony as that was). Besides the fact that she’s an attractive, young, vivacious gal who will set many a man’s heart a flutter, which will have many viewers coming to watch her find her fairy tale ending.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  5. #375
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    533

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3832100;
    i disagree- there are still a lot A LOT of Ali supporters out there. The message boarders are only a very small percentage of the viewers and without the extra knowledge that comes from boarding the average viewer looks at her as a sympathetic person, in relation to her relationship with Vienna (which appeared to be a two-way street) and Jake rejecting her when she begged to come back (as phony as that was). Besides the fact that she’s an attractive, young, vivacious gal who will set many a man’s heart a flutter, which will have many viewers coming to watch her find her fairy tale ending.
    Yep, I agree with you. I know many viewers, who don't go on this site, who are big Ali fans.

  6. #376
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by BTW;3832262;
    Yep, I agree with you. I know many viewers, who don't go on this site, who are big Ali fans.
    Me too. I know so many people who watch the show and love and adore Ali and do not think that she was edited as a bad/mean girl.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  7. #377
    Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    440

    Re: Ali

    Ali would be the ONLY reason I would subject myself to this show again...

  8. #378
    FORT Fanatic blasie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    779

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3832041;
    Ali is a really tough sell for The B'ette the more I think about it. The editor totally screwed up.

    The previous recycled "actresses" were either Mr. Nice Guy (Jason, Jake) or Ms. Nice Girl (Gillian). Ali got a horrible edit which turned her into Ms. Mean Girl--the total opposite of the previously recycled stars! On top of that, whereas the previous nice people lost in love because of somebody else's decision, Ali lost because of her own decision to leave choosing work (!) over love.

    Very, very difficult to be emotionally invested in Ali. She may be a great person but she got the worst possible edit for the next Bette. Ratings will be horrible.
    I think Ali will be a huge hit as The Bachelorette. She has those "girl-next-door" looks and that alone is likely to bring in new viewers. She's animated and articulate and she is nobody's doormat. If Jake hadn't been "the last man on earth" I doubt she would have been attracted to him. She has made it clear that she doesn't suffer fools lightly. I cannot wait to see the men they cast for her.

    And then there's the storyline of the feud. Quite a few people think that Ali's outrage was justified and think that Jake would have been wise to heed her warnings, and Jessie's warning and any others who tried to bring him to his senses.

    TPTB would be foolish to bring in an unknown. Think of all the marketing (scandals) that would be wasted. Mike Fleiss has said that it is a soap opera. It's a saga with characters from the previous season returning to give advice and draw in loyal fans.


    Don't drink the KoolAid

    Commit random acts of kindness!

  9. #379
    East Coaster Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3833572;
    I think Ali will be a huge hit as The Bachelorette. She has those "girl-next-door" looks and that alone is likely to bring in new viewers. She's animated and articulate and she is nobody's doormat. If Jake hadn't been "the last man on earth" I doubt she would have been attracted to him. She has made it clear that she doesn't suffer fools lightly. I cannot wait to see the men they cast for her.

    And then there's the storyline of the feud. Quite a few people think that Ali's outrage was justified and think that Jake would have been wise to heed her warnings, and Jessie's warning and any others who tried to bring him to his senses.

    TPTB would be foolish to bring in an unknown. Think of all the marketing (scandals) that would be wasted. Mike Fleiss has said that it is a soap opera. It's a saga with characters from the previous season returning to give advice and draw in loyal fans.
    Ali is nobody's doormat but if she ever finds her significant other he would definitely be HER doormat, unless he's man enough to confront her when she sets all the rules.

    So, according to some people Ali's outrage was justified, but now Ali is backpedaling and apologizing to Vienna for her behavior. Is it sincere or is she selling her soul to the devil for her chance at being the "lovable" bachelorette?

  10. #380
    FORT Regular realitygirl523's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    64

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3832041;
    Ali is a really tough sell for The B'ette the more I think about it. The editor totally screwed up.

    The previous recycled "actresses" were either Mr. Nice Guy (Jason, Jake) or Ms. Nice Girl (Gillian). Ali got a horrible edit which turned her into Ms. Mean Girl--the total opposite of the previously recycled stars! On top of that, whereas the previous nice people lost in love because of somebody else's decision, Ali lost because of her own decision to leave choosing work (!) over love.

    Very, very difficult to be emotionally invested in Ali. She may be a great person but she got the worst possible edit for the next Bette. Ratings will be horrible.

    nah i dont think she got the worse edit ever cause all the girls was angry and bitter towards Vienna from the beginning so Ali is not horrible,she is being honest and true to the heart when it came to the other girls. I just dont know why they would edit her like that i think she be great as the bette cause she deserves to find love and if it not her then Tenley cause she deserves it most of all i cant believe fans wouldnt think that Ali would be great doing the bette. At least it not Vienna i couldnt stand her at all and yes i felt Jake made a huge mistake letting her go and not wanting her to come back it shows what kind of a guy he really is

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.