Closed Thread
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 420

Thread: Ali

  1. #331
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    141

    Re: Ali

    Uhh I didn't like the dress she wore at the rose ceremony. I mean it was cute, for a summer barbeque. Def not cocktail attire, kinda seemed like she ran out of stuff to wear

  2. #332
    FORT Fogey hopelessroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3823816;
    "If Jake does not come and find me, after his long and drawn out Bachelor party with these girls, if does not come find me in the end then I made the right decision in the first place" - Ali
    Best parting limo words on this show.
    I agree. Ali made a real life decision, not a "I wanna be in fame" decision. If she was really Jake's THE ONE. . .he would have told her then and there.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

  3. #333
    Student of Life Tin Frizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    537

    Re: Ali

    I believe she made a great desision in keeping a job she loved. If love finds her or she finds love as bachelorette and still has the great job then it's twice as good as not knowing for sure.
    It's got to be love.

  4. #334
    FORT Regular rainysummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    73

    Re: Ali

    Ali made a smart choice in choosing her job (sure, stable) for a love that is a "might be or a maybe". Like she said in her Diary of the Departed, had she stayed, she will still be going back and forth if she made the right decision and it wouldnt be fair to Jake or to her. In this economy, with all its uncertanties, she is lucky to have a job that she loves. If shes really meant to be with Jake and they are meant to be together she said it right, "he will come & find her".

    I have liked Ali from the beginning and I said that if Jake didnt pick her, I would want to see her as the next Bachelorette but after last night, I am not sure anymore if I want her to be because it might just be a rebound thing. It was clear, at least to me that these two love each other but it was just a bad situation that she had to make a decision. Jake is just different when he's with her.

    Was I the only one who heard about Ali saying that she asked her mom if they or her will be alright if she stays in the show and loses her job? I think it was quite telling. I have to go back and watch that part again. Had she stayed, with no certainty that she will end up with Jake and with jobs not easy to find nowadays, she probably thought that she might end up depending on her mom and how its going to turn out.
    Last edited by rainysummer; 02-10-2010 at 09:53 PM.

  5. #335
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by kcc112;3824425;
    Uhh I didn't like the dress she wore at the rose ceremony. I mean it was cute, for a summer barbeque. Def not cocktail attire, kinda seemed like she ran out of stuff to wear
    Ali is many things but she's not a fashion plate. The dress was so inappropriate; it was nothing like a cocktail dress. Previously she was stuck in one color (yellow). And then she failed again on the hometown date. For a girl who works for a "cool" company, and is quite attractive, she doesn't dress very well.

    I've seen a lot of complaints on internet boards that Ali was faking it on last night's show. I didn't get that impression, however, and Reality Steve's sources confirmed to him she was HOH (Head Over Heels). And he'd got the same type of info on Melissa Rycroft last season.

    All I saw was raw emotion.

    It seems to me if that's the case, Fleiss should have an easy time pressuring Ali to become the Bachelorette. She's still naive to his machinations. I was still wondering how she'd explain the return if she does become the next B'ette.

    "I made a mistake... I want a second chance at love... I decided to be the next Bachelorette."

    Fleiss's toughest job might be finding 25 men for her whose name begins with "J."
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

  6. #336
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3824496;
    Ali is many things but she's not a fashion plate. The dress was so inappropriate; it was nothing like a cocktail dress. Previously she was stuck in one color (yellow). And then she failed again on the hometown date. For a girl who works for a "cool" company, and is quite attractive, she doesn't dress very well.

    I've seen a lot of complaints on internet boards that Ali was faking it on last night's show. I didn't get that impression, however, and Reality Steve's sources confirmed to him she was HOH (Head Over Heels). And he'd got the same type of info on Melissa Rycroft last season.

    All I saw was raw emotion.

    It seems to me if that's the case, Fleiss should have an easy time pressuring Ali to become the Bachelorette. She's still naive to his machinations. I was still wondering how she'd explain the return if she does become the next B'ette.

    "I made a mistake... I want a second chance at love... I decided to be the next Bachelorette."

    Fleiss's toughest job might be finding 25 men for her whose name begins with "J."
    Talking about fashion....i really did like her outfit when she went to Jake's hotel room. The hot pink loose fitting top with the gray pants. Very pretty imo!!! Not something that she seems to wear actually.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  7. #337
    FORT Newbie Ennea4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;3823783;
    You mean a guy who is everything that you want but who is also dating 3 other women and cannot commit to your relationship? I'd say cut that guy and get away as far as you can. If you idea of finding true love is on a TV show in 2-3 weeks, look at the prior history of Bachelor/Bachelorette - one marriage in 14 seasons is not very good odds of finding "true love." This is just a show for people wanting some face time on TV, to advance their own personal careers in entertainment, like Travis Storck (The Doctors show), Melissa Rycroft (Dancing with the Stars, Dick Clark's Rocking New Years Eve), Jesse Palmer (college football on CBS), Bob Guiney (home improvement show on cable), DeAnna Pappas (somecurrent show).
    If Jake is truly disappointed in Ali for choosing her job over him, he should turn down Ali when she calls him next episode. But I think she was right in choosing a stable job she loves in a beautiful city over a guy who does not know what he wants.
    It's all part of the show to date "3 other women"! Ali knew that when she signed up for the show! And if Jake were not on a reality TV show, he WOULDN'T be dating any other women. So that is not a valid argument.

    And are you saying that they're all phonies?? I like to think that these people are genuinely looking for love, and most of them probably are.

    "over a guy who doesn't know what he wants"...he wanted her to stay. And he told her that.

    don't think Ali should have left.

  8. #338
    FORT Newbie Ennea4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21

    Re: Ali

    O-kay, so I watched her diary of the departed and now I understand her point of view more. She said that "he desreves a woman that would give up everything for the chance to be with him... I'd give up everything TO be with him." That's a great way to put it. And I know that she's betting on the fact that he'll come for her. BUT, I still think that (as Ali said) Jake needs to pick the girl that WOULD 'give up everything for THE CHANCE to be with him.'

  9. #339
    FORT Fogey one71721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Ali

    Quote Originally Posted by Ennea4;3824657;
    O-kay, so I watched her diary of the departed and now I understand her point of view more. She said that "he desreves a woman that would give up everything for the chance to be with him... I'd give up everything TO be with him." That's a great way to put it. And I know that she's betting on the fact that he'll come for her. BUT, I still think that (as Ali said) Jake needs to pick the girl that WOULD 'give up everything for THE CHANCE to be with him.'
    Even in the real world you are taking a chance that everything will work out.. She contradicts herself multiple times in her DOD.

  10. #340
    Just Left of Reality tbamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: Ali

    I kind of like that she's not a fashion plate. I imagine her salary going to rent and student loans etc....it makes her more real to me.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.