Closed Thread
Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: Ali

FORT Fanatic

Re: Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Ennea4;3823639;
    You are exactly right. If you find a guy who is in love with you that truly IS "everything you could ever want," why sacrifice him for a job??
    If she's willing to choose her job over him, what else down the road would she put ahead of Jake? Probably a good number of things.
    I'm disapointed in Ali, as I'm sure Jake was.
    the thing is, I feel like Ali was pushed by the timeline to make this decision because they were leaving the country. She said it herself that she wasn't sure and wasn't ready to make this decision. You have to realize that she is only 25 and this is probably her first serious job and she wants to do her best. She said that she loved her job.

FORT sun

After the 1:1 date in SF and that defeating moment of Jake continuing to "protect and defend" Vienna, Ali could have logically left right then and there. She gave him another chance: the HTD. She showed her vulnerable side (recent grandmother death) and demonstrated her faith in the afterlife. Yet, he's still going for Vienna.. why stay? who wants to be losing at the rose ceremony to Vienna?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3823462;
    Ali was in a difficult spot, but she failed to consider a few issues:

1) Had she taken the risk and it failed, she would still have a ton of public good will on which she would be able to capitalize.

2) The chances of finding another good job are much higher than the chances of finding another man like Jake whom she said is "everything I want." Her job might last a few years; her life with Jake a lifetime.

1) and 2) are related. Imagine the good job offers she would have received from sympathetic employers...

For example, consider the public good will toward Melissa Rycroft... and the job offer she recently received. A little step up from a cubicle job.
    I'd doubt if she could get a real job if her potential employer knew she quit her previous job "to be on a TV show." The public goodwill may have landed her as the next Bachelorette, maybe a spot in Dancing with the Stars (but I guess Tenley was gunning for that slot, not Ali) or some other show. But employers don't hire people because of sympathy from a reality TV show, and getting a long term stable job that you really like in a city that you love is not really easy and does not depend on public goodwill.

PS. What job offer did Melissa recently receive? Curious!

I think Ali's Diary of Departed said it all.

It was clear and well thought out - despite the fact that she had spent the last few hours crying and breaking down.

After seeing that - I totally get her decision and her reasoning.

"The Bachelor" is just a television show and real life prevailed. Though I absolutely cringed at the crying (sounded like my 4 year old neice), her emotions were real and her reasoning - that if the feeling they have for one another are real then love will prevail at the end, was spot on.
    Jake making choices that don't include her will be her real answer and she can hold her head up high, knowing that she used her head.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ennea4;3823639;
    You are exactly right. If you find a guy who is in love with you that truly IS "everything you could ever want," why sacrifice him for a job??
    If she's willing to choose her job over him, what else down the road would she put ahead of Jake? Probably a good number of things.
    I'm disapointed in Ali, as I'm sure Jake was.
    You mean a guy who is everything that you want but who is also dating 3 other women and cannot commit to your relationship? I'd say cut that guy and get away as far as you can. If you idea of finding true love is on a TV show in 2-3 weeks, look at the prior history of Bachelor/Bachelorette - one marriage in 14 seasons is not very good odds of finding "true love." This is just a show for people wanting some face time on TV, to advance their own personal careers in entertainment, like Travis Storck (The Doctors show), Melissa Rycroft (Dancing with the Stars, Dick Clark's Rocking New Years Eve), Jesse Palmer (college football on CBS), Bob Guiney (home improvement show on cable), DeAnna Pappas (somecurrent show).

If Jake is truly disappointed in Ali for choosing her job over him, he should turn down Ali when she calls him next episode. But I think she was right in choosing a stable job she loves in a beautiful city over a guy who does not know what he wants.

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3823775;
    I think Ali's Diary of Departed said it all.

It was clear and well thought out - despite the fact that she had spent the last few hours crying and breaking down.

After seeing that - I totally get her decision and her reasoning
    I agree. and also
    "After Jake has his bachelor party with all the other girls, he needs to find me"....mmmmmmmm what a good story line.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-10-2010 at 11:48 AM.

"If Jake does not come and find me, after his long and drawn out Bachelor party with these girls, if does not come find me in the end then I made the right decision in the first place" - Ali
    Best parting limo words on this show.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

My latest tribute to Jake & Ali *sigh*

Oh, what could've been....

YouTube - The Bachelor~Jake & Ali 'Dream Catch Me'

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;3823770;
    I'd doubt if she could get a real job if her potential employer knew she quit her previous job "to be on a TV show." The public goodwill may have landed her as the next Bachelorette, maybe a spot in Dancing with the Stars (but I guess Tenley was gunning for that slot, not Ali) or some other show. But employers don't hire people because of sympathy from a reality TV show, and getting a long term stable job that you really like in a city that you love is not really easy and does not depend on public goodwill.

PS. What job offer did Melissa recently receive? Curious!
    I agree. Ali did the right thing. Quitting a job "to be on a TV show", broken heart or not, would not put you on the top of the list with potential employers, it would put you near the bottom. Priorities would definitely be questioned. Ali obviously worked very hard to gain the successes she has at the age of 25, and would be foolish to throw them away for a pie-in-the-sky dream of forever with a guy who is admittedly falling in love with four women at once.

P.S. Melissa got some work with ET, along the lines of her GMA gig, I think. Check out the Where Are They Now thread, a week or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3823816;
    "If Jake does not come and find me, after his long and drawn out Bachelor party with these girls, if does not come find me in the end then I made the right decision in the first place" - Ali
    Best parting limo words on this show.
    ITA. She is one smart girl

Closed Thread