Closed Thread
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Ali

Re: Ali

Quote Originally Posted by hockeygirl;3815717;
    Chris said the tables are turned, which I think represents the girls deciding whether they want to stay "ie if they think they are interested in becoming engaged to Jake" or whether they wish to leave the show as they are not ready for that type of commitment.

Next weeks "revelation" would seem to be a strong enough word to decribe something like Ali being pregnant. What do you think?
    IF Ali is pregnant I am going to literally have to pick up my jaw from the floor LOL

FORT Newbie

Ali probably should have made the decision to leave because of her job without consulting Jake first. If they were right for each other, then he would fight for her after she left. It wouldn't be right for her to lose a job over him-when he can't reassure her in any way. And I don't think he should have asked her to stay with out being able to reassure her of anything. It made me look at him in a different light. He wasn't even very empathetic even though she was clearly distraught. He was just thinking about himself and his 4 girls. She is better off without him. If they were meant to be he would fight for her.

Quote Originally Posted by shetreshe;3822869;
    Ali probably should have made the decision to leave because of her job without consulting Jake first. If they were right for each other, then he would fight for her after she left. It wouldn't be right for her to lose a job over him-when he can't reassure her in any way. And I don't think he should have asked her to stay with out being able to reassure her of anything. It made me look at him in a different light. He wasn't even very empathetic even though she was clearly distraught. He was just thinking about himself and his 4 girls. She is better off without him. If they were meant to be he would fight for her.
    I totally agree. He clearly had feelings for Ali but you could tell that he wanted her to stay because that would show him the unconditional love that he's expecting from his future wife.

FORT Regular

I think Ali is dumb for leaving. She knew about the show when she applied in the first place!! It's so irritating when the contestants use that as an excuse! I'm sure that they were kinda pissed at her leaving. That is part of the selection process, if you can leave your life for UP TO 6 WEEKS! She said "I love you to him" and then it cut to "I have to go"...so dumb so dumb

I have liked her since the beginning. Just a bubbly personality, and it nearly made me cry to see her fall apart yesterday. I hope that she said to her work get lost I will find a better job if I'm going to move to Jake and that when she calls next week she is coming back. We need 1 extra episode I mean he now has 3 more women and the finale is in 3 weeks. That means something will happen and nobody leaves or someone comes back and another person leaves. Hmm what a brainstorm
    Why can't love be simple?
    Because it's the Bachelor(ette)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Incretsible;3822992;
    I have liked her since the beginning. Just a bubbly personality, and it nearly made me cry to see her fall apart yesterday. I hope that she said to her work get lost I will find a better job if I'm going to move to Jake and that when she calls next week she is coming back. We need 1 extra episode I mean he now has 3 more women and the finale is in 3 weeks. That means something will happen and nobody leaves or someone comes back and another person leaves. Hmm what a brainstorm
    No. it just mean they do the Women Tell All episode in between the 3 to 2 elim and 2 to 1 elim.
    So it's:
    2/15: 3 to 2
    2/22: WTA
    3/1: Finale 2 to 1

FORT Regular

After seeing Ali's Dairy of the Departed, wonder what Jake is thinking right now??? Seed is definitely planted, now will it grow?

Quote Originally Posted by moxie 48;3823260;
    After seeing Ali's Dairy of the Departed, wonder what Jake is thinking right now??? Seed is definitely planted, now will it grow?
    where can we see this?

Ali was in a difficult spot, but she failed to consider a few issues:

1) Had she taken the risk and it failed, she would still have a ton of public good will on which she would be able to capitalize.

2) The chances of finding another good job are much higher than the chances of finding another man like Jake whom she said is "everything I want." Her job might last a few years; her life with Jake a lifetime.

1) and 2) are related. Imagine the good job offers she would have received from sympathetic employers...

For example, consider the public good will toward Melissa Rycroft... and the job offer she recently received. A little step up from a cubicle job.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3823462;
    Ali was in a difficult spot, but she failed to consider a few issues:

1) Had she taken the risk and it failed, she would still have a ton of public good will on which she would be able to capitalize.

2) The chances of finding another good job are much higher than the chances of finding another man like Jake whom she said is "everything I want." Her job might last a few years; her life with Jake a lifetime.

1) and 2) are related. Imagine the good job offers she would have received from sympathetic employers...

For example, consider the public good will toward Melissa Rycroft... and the job offer she recently received. A little step up from a cubicle job.
    You are exactly right. If you find a guy who is in love with you that truly IS "everything you could ever want," why sacrifice him for a job??
    If she's willing to choose her job over him, what else down the road would she put ahead of Jake? Probably a good number of things.
    I'm disapointed in Ali, as I'm sure Jake was.
    Last edited by Ennea4; 02-10-2010 at 02:47 AM.

Closed Thread