Closed Thread
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Ali

FORT Fogey

Re: Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;3805614;
    With all of the editing, maybe Jake & Ali really didn't spend a great deal of time talking about Vienna...Maybe they discussed more important things but TPTB decided not to show us that part. The bottom line is we are getting little bits of editing and never the whole conversation in it's entirety.
    This is a show, I comment on what I see and hear on screen. I do not pretend to know what is happening in any of the contestants or Jake's head, nor their heart. I just take what I see to find out who the F4 are and the order in which they leave. The rest is just entertainment and I really do not care.

Thank you Sanlee I used one of your avatars you made. So Cute!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3805700;
    No one has to throw her. She went down willingly
    I don't think anyone goes on this show to be thrown under the bus, but the editing sure can make that happen

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

I still don't see Ali said anything bad about V.

All Ali said was:

1) she thinks V is wrong for Jake
    2) she told V that she told Jake she got upset because he went on a 1:1 with her, but did not demean her character in any way
    3) she told Jake she was upset when V came home with a rose (but did not say anything to denigrate her character) she simply said that V was so "fundamentally different" than she was and she was visibly disturbed by this
    4) she said she had respect for Corrie because she was the one that actually let Jake know some of V's unpleasant character traits during her comedy routine~sounds to me like Ali herself wasn't comfortable enough to tell Jake those things herself about V
    5) she simply confronted V to let her know why her and the other women were upset with her, but she didn't say anything nasty to her, and didn't even raise her voice

I just don't get how people are saying Ali is beating up on V at all. Nothing she has said has been bully-ish, malicious, or instigating. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;3806315;
    I still don't see Ali said anything bad about V.
    Well, let's see. She basically said she wasn't mad that someone came home with a rose, she said she was mad that VIENNA came home at all. I don't know about anyone else, but I find that neither helpful nor instructive, merely hurtful. It did the trick, tears ensued (real or fake, take your pick!) and accomplished what she intended, which was to strike a barb at someone she doesn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3806369;
    Well, let's see. She basically said she wasn't mad that someone came home with a rose, she said she was mad that VIENNA came home at all. I don't know about anyone else, but I find that neither helpful nor instructive, merely hurtful. It did the trick, tears ensued (real or fake, take your pick!) and accomplished what she intended, which was to strike a barb at someone she doesn't like.
    I understand what you are saying. It did sort of come across that way. The editing is always a little tricky. I'm sure all of these girls are more level-headed and nicer than they come across on screen. They can all be a little less than tactful when put in this emotionally charged, hormone-flooded situation.

FORT Fogey

That was not editing! lol! Ali said what she said. No editing tricks used in this case.

People seem to be very divided at this point about Ali. And for good reason.

I'm still hoping these two can get over their obstacles (Ali's obvious jealousy & possessiveness & Jake's impatience with that) & carry on this journey. I see a lot of natural chemistry there...and Jake seems genuinely happy being around her.

YouTube - The Bachelor- Jake & Ali 'I'm Ready'

YouTube - The Bachelor~Jake & Ali 'First Date'

YouTube - The Bachelor~Jake & Ali 'Her Way'

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3806547;
    That was not editing! lol! Ali said what she said. No editing tricks used in this case.
    They pick through scenes to decide what to show. We probably only saw tiny bits of whole conversations. They also choose not to show why several of them thought Vienna wouldn't come back from the date and why they don't like her.

Ali could have been more diplomatic however I still like her and think there's something there with Jake. I tend to think if the ones I like including Ali, Tenley, and Gia dislike Vienna, there's a reason for it.

She needs to let the Vienna stuff go. She goes on and on (and on and on, and on some more) about it. It's quite unbecoming and makes her look pretty childish.

Closed Thread