Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by LUV_FA;3810248;
    yourefired: great job your explanation of pilots and the lifestyle. One thing I wanted to mention is that a friend of mine said Jake is also an instructor at ASA so he would receive additional compensation for that position and at my airline instructors don't fly the line like normal CA's do so he could possibly be at home more than a regular line CA.

tbamoma - yes, Jake could live anywhere but the issue is his seniority (or as we call it "juniority") determines where he is based; he could bid to get into another ASA base but if anyone senior to him wants it as well, Jake would be out.

I'm a long-time FORT lurker but wanted to join in as things get down to the wire. I'm also a flight attendant and married to a pilot so if anyone has any questions that yourefired didn't cover, just let me know!
    Welcome. My husband is a private pilot and I would think flight instructors make quite a bit money if they have many students. After his Bachelor gig, Jake will have more students than he can shake a stick at.....all female. I know when my dh took lessons 30 years ago, I think he paid the instructor $40/hour. That was a fortune to us at the time. Jake probably supplements his pilot income with instructing.

By the way, pilots are always the nicest people or that's been my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3810944;
    Welcome. My husband is a private pilot and I would think flight instructors make quite a bit money if they have many students. After his Bachelor gig, Jake will have more students than he can shake a stick at.....all female. I know when my dh took lessons 30 years ago, I think he paid the instructor $40/hour. That was a fortune to us at the time. Jake probably supplements his pilot income with instructing.

By the way, pilots are always the nicest people or that's been my experience.
    As I understand Jake's position he is an instructor piolot for new hires at ASA. He started with them at only 20 years as a commercial pilot.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3812086;
    As I understand Jake's position he is an instructor piolot for new hires at ASA. He started with them at only 20 years as a commercial pilot.
    You all have wonderful insight. It's good to know that Jake is a middle class guy, which is wonderful. Don't you think we can all relate better to a man like him rather than the Andrew Firestones of the world? (No offense to the financial elite) It's just that most of us are in the middle class and our objectives and goals are more easily relatable. I remember in the begining of the show they had a clip of Jake at his home, and it seemed like a very nice clean regular home in a subdivision; what I would call a "tract home". He also has a real spiritual base, so I only hope if he ends up with one of these ladies that they will be able to share his core values.

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt;3812901;
    You all have wonderful insight. It's good to know that Jake is a middle class guy, which is wonderful. Don't you think we can all relate better to a man like him rather than the Andrew Firestones of the world? (No offense to the financial elite) It's just that most of us are in the middle class and our objectives and goals are more easily relatable. I remember in the begining of the show they had a clip of Jake at his home, and it seemed like a very nice clean regular home in a subdivision; what I would call a "tract home". He also has a real spiritual base, so I only hope if he ends up with one of these ladies that they will be able to share his core values.
    This is the thing I like most about Jake. He is Everyman not wealthy or pretencious in any way. He is a great catch for a woman who shares his values. But which one is that at this point?
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Jake has conducted himself respectably--as much as a man can do so on this dishonorable reality tv show. It's quite a step up from Jason and other bachelors. It ain't over yet, though; there's still plenty of time for Pavelka to screw up. I don't agree with all his decisions, but he hasn't done anything mean, sleazy, etc.

He kicked Vienna out of his bed. Thumbs up!

P.S. Nice guys, he says, finish last. Hopefully they don't choose poor partners...

it finally dawned on me of who Jake reminds me off.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired;3810049;
    One advantage of his job is that he can fly free on Delta and pay a very small fee to fly on other airlines with her. But they fly standby and are no guaranteed a seat much less than a seat together.
    My Mom used to work for Pan Am as a programmer in the 80's and 90's before the airline "folded". We used to fly standby all the time, and there were 7 of us in the family. She would check the flights and try to get us on ones that had a lot of available seats. Employees & family flew by a "Rapid Code" status--hers was S3 (S1 was highest, e.g. pilots; S7 was lowest, e.g. flight attendants) and that is how they handed out the "standby" seats. We were almost never bumped from flights or seated separately and flew First Class most of the time. We were also able to fly other airlines for a major discount; I flew to Ireland to see U2 in 1987 on Aer Lingus at 90% of regular Coach fare. It was great while it lasted...we went on some awesome trips and to this day I am sure that was her favorite job ever. I am not sure if things still work the same now with airlines but I would imagine they would do something similar.

Yesterday, I reviewed a few tapes of 3 past editions of the "Bachelor". In comparison, I think that Jake is doing a great job on his show. Chris Harrison has said that he has been one of the most sincere bachelors, and that is what I am witnessing as this show moves along. He is methodical in his quest.
    Good luck to Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized;3816528;
    Yesterday, I reviewed a few tapes of 3 past editions of the "Bachelor". In comparison, I think that Jake is doing a great job on his show. Chris Harrison has said that he has been one of the most sincere bachelors, and that is what I am witnessing as this show moves along. He is methodical in his quest.
    Good luck to Jake!
    I haven't seen any of the Bachelor shows since our first Bachelor, Alex. Compared to HIM, Jake certainly seems sincere. But I believe sincerity of heart is rather wasted in a venue like this, where you are contractually obligated to make out with, and get nekkid or nearly so, with half-a-dozen or more of the women you are 'dating' at once. Ooky. That menage a trois date at the winery just creeped me out no bloomin' end. Great drama potential; great relationship potential, not so much. This show is more or less advertiser-supported semi-prostitution, in a way, and the guy at the center is just as much of one as any of the girls throwing themselves at him.

It's an impossible line to walk, really. I've just tuned in, so I don't know any of the women Jake got rid of. Were they all as vapid and transparent than the handful of girls who are left? With one exception, all are blonde and under 25. The lone year-older brunette posed nude in Maxim. These are not exactly original choices from our Bachelor, not the ones likely to paint him 'sincere' in my book. Where are all the professional women his own age? The ones that don't act like they are on a sorority sleepover all the time?

I do think that Jake seems a cut more 'real' than previous Bachelors, and that's why I think this little experiment will end with him choosing no one. There is no woman left who is his equal and I think he would get bored so quickly by any of them with the possible exception of Tenley. She's been married and so might have more depth to her. Their date seemed the most genuine of the bunch. I sure wouldn't want to have to make the choice. Vienna has GOT to be a producer's pick due to the drama factor because she seems the most young and superficial of all of them. She's also by far the least attractive, which must account for why she is to all appearances so easy with her favors.

I can't wait for the hometown dates next week . . . that is gonna be some good, stomach-turning TV, I think.

so i have a friend who knows a pilot who apparently has recently met Jake

she showed me a picture of him on her iphone, he photographs just as well in person as he does on TV lol

she said she heard he was very friendly and nice

Closed Thread