Closed Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

FORT Newbie

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

I was not even close to a fan of Jake's during Jillian's season but so far, I'm really enjoying him this season. He has made some GREAT decisions. Letting Michelle and Elizabeth go - he's been firm and not wishy washy so far. I think he's sensitive but I'm not seeing him be weak and I was afraid of that prior to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3802834;
    A pilot who is afraid of heights is beyond laughable.
    It's not really the same thing. I'm terrified of heights but I'm not one bit afraid to fly.

I like Jake. I'm sure they edit out most of the deeper conversations, because frankly, that would give the ending away quicker than anything. He's a nice guy but he's not a doormat. He didn't take the crap from Elizabeth or Michele and it looks like next week he lets them have it. After Brad, Andy, Jessie, Blob and Jason....I think Jake is one of the better bachelors.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Just watched Jake on the Bonnie Hunt show...clip is on youtube. It's a very, very funny interview, the two of them just crack up when watching Jake talk to Chris about not giving out two roses. They noticed that with the fountain running in the backround it sounds like someone is pee-ing. Funny stuff.

He is too vanilla for my taste. Something about him reminds me of Tom Cruise. Maybe it's the *cheesy* factor.

Well, I got to give it to Jake for wasting millions of ABC dollars. By sending four women home on one show, he cost them at least two episodes. Jake is serious about finding a wife.

Or is he? It looks like he's going to rob the cradle with Vienna. Why does a 31-year-old man want a 23-year-old woman for a wife? He can't be serious. (She acts like a high school girl.)

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3808382;
    Well, I got to give it to Jake for wasting millions of ABC dollars. By sending four women home on one show, he cost them at least two episodes. Jake is serious about finding a wife.

Or is he? It looks like he's going to rob the cradle with Vienna. Why does a 31-year-old man want a 23-year-old woman for a wife? He can't be serious. (She acts like a high school girl.)
    Jake sure has sent all the age appropriate women packing. I sure don't understand his choices. He may be setting himself up for disaster! I still like Ali but Gia sure is cute and not at all what I expected. She's not really right for Jake but I'm glad he's keeping her around.

When I mentioned age appropriate women, I think he sent the best of them home the first night!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

I really don't like Jake's dating style of discussing the distant future when he's only just met a girl. Like when he was talking about how many kids he wants with Gia last night and it's their first date!? Tacky.

The other thing he does (and so do many other men/women on televised dating shows) is ask what the other person is looking for in a marriage partner when they've only just met. It's not romantic.

How about getting to know the person first? Find out if you have anything in common. Learn about their character. (Most kids only think about personality.) Religious views? Major life experiences that have nothing to do with dating?

P.S. It gets nauseating when the only discussion week after week is whether there's a "connection."
    Last edited by CharmOffensive; 01-26-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3808382;

Maybe he feels that if he has a younger wife that has limited life experiences, her expectations won't a high, she won't be bored, she'll think he walks on water?

To me all these girls need some intense therapy....

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3808458;
    Maybe he feels that if he has a younger wife that has limited life experiences, her expectations won't a high, she won't be bored, she'll think he walks on water?

To me all these girls need some intense therapy....
    Is a move to his home non-negotiable? Could he work from any home base with an airport? The only way I could see someone like Ali stick around would be if she could keep her career.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom;3808476;
    Is a move to his home non-negotiable? Could he work from any home base with an airport? The only way I could see someone like Ali stick around would be if she could keep her career.
    As a pilot yes, he could live anywhere.. but I thought he said in an interview that he is an instructor.. could have misunderstood.

Closed Thread