Closed Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Who is John Galt?

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

I liked Jake - both his personality and looks. BUT - the women are horrid. After the first episode and I saw who he chose and who he eliminated, I stopped watching. He may have it all - good looks, nice personality, and great job but he has terrible taste in women. That's why he is still single! (Of course - JMO).

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3801816;
    I liked Jake - both his personality and looks. BUT - the women are horrid. After the first episode and I saw who he chose and who he eliminated, I stopped watching. He may have it all - good looks, nice personality, and great job but he has terrible taste in women. That's why he is still single! (Of course - JMO).
    The producers pick the woman.

Tell me, was anyone else as proud of Jake as I was last night when he asked Michelle to just leave? That was a great moment in Bachelor history IMHO.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3802409;
    Tell me, was anyone else as proud of Jake as I was last night when he asked Michelle to just leave? That was a great moment in Bachelor history IMHO.
    Yes, absolutely. He knew she wanted to leave once before and was not stable enough to go the distance. I loved Michelle standing up to Ali but she wasn't right for Jake, and he knew it. Loved it!

FORT sun

After epi3, I feel alittle different about all the characters. I do like Jake more, and I am happy he let Michelle go. He also stood up for Vienna. It's an interesting mix.

I refuse to be so easily swayed by the edit. Jake is still not Reid and never will be. He is as insubstantial as some of the women. Let's hope they are there for the experience or the screen time and not for this guy. A pilot who is afraid of heights is beyond laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;3802572;
    After epi3, I feel alittle different about all the characters. I do like Jake more, and I am happy he let Michelle go. He also stood up for Vienna. It's an interesting mix.
    I've watched every one of these shows over the years. This is the first season that I was involved on this board before the season started. I don't know if that's influencing my feelings but I too agree I feel very different about almost every one of the Bachelorettes after Epi 3. Jake is also impressing me except with the decisions on who he is keeping. There are few age appropriate women left IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3802834;
    I refuse to be so easily swayed by the edit. Jake is still not Reid and never will be. He is as insubstantial as some of the women. Let's hope they are there for the experience or the screen time and not for this guy. A pilot who is afraid of heights is beyond laughable.

I will keep some of my comments about Reid to myself, but Jake is sweet and caring. He is there for the right reasons and this past episode showed that. By getting rid of Elizabeth and Michelle it proved that he was not pushed around by the producers. They would have loved nothing more than to keep those two drama queens for ratings, but he was smart and cut them.

A pilot that is afraid of heights who admited he is and bungee jumped to over come those fears. Seems like he is an honest person trying to live his life and find love.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3802409;
    I may pull that piece out and play it for my son. He is 18 and his exgirlfriend used to pull the "maybe we should just break up" card to get him to beg her not to. I kept telling him that was what she was doing and that it is a game some girls play. It took a while but when he clued in and said "fine" she was back pedaling and in shock but it was too late.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom;3804295;
    I may pull that piece out and play it for my son. He is 18 and his exgirlfriend used to pull the "maybe we should just break up" card to get him to beg her not to. I kept telling him that was what she was doing and that it is a game some girls play. It took a while but when he clued in and said "fine" she was back pedaling and in shock but it was too late.
    Great story. Maybe Jake listened to his mom too.

Closed Thread