Closed Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

FORT Regular

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

I agree that Jake has no sense of humor, and he is just too intense and somehow erratic in his responses to things. He showed good insight in telling Chris that he knew he acted too weird in his date with Jillian, but he sort of did the same thing last night with Ali. He is just, well, in a word, desperate, and that neediness comes through in everything he does. I agree that it is strange since he is supposedly so good looking and such a catch, but he is not really a catch if a girl doesn't have to do anything except show up to win his heart. The whole thing is just more fake than usual this season, especially with the dumb motorcycle/Top Gun references. Where oh where is Reid who would have made this so special?

Anyone know how tall he is? Looks a few inches shorter than the host.

FORT Regular

I am surpised at how much I like Jake in this role. I was 'meh" after Jillian's show, thought he was cute but something came across as weird. So far, I like what I see. He's no more dull then Jesse Palmer, couldn't watch that season after two shows, or Brad Womack otherwise known as the Jenni Croft show. I swear she got more airtime then Brad, or Lorenzo? He was really really boring, I didn't watch that one either. I think what I am enjoying about Jake is he, from the little they have let us see, show real interest in the girls, I think he is sincere. He was visibly nervous with Roz and expressed his feelings well-I am out of my comfort zone with her--that's a lot to admit. I also liked that he expressed disappointment with Christina for drinking too much. I can relate to that sentiment more then I can relate to Jillian being amused by Ed's stumbling drunk antics during her show. So, I am still tuned in.

FORT sun

I am also surprised by Jake in this role. I like him ( or how he's being edited). I just hope they don't have him doing too many crying scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal;3795106;
    Anyone know how tall he is? Looks a few inches shorter than the host.
    It is so funny you ask this. There has been an unusual debate about Jake's height since he was announced as the Bachelor last October. Jake has even been accused of wearing elevator shoes. Somewhere I read that he is 5'9" and if you compare photos of him with men from the Bachelorette where we know their height it appears he is 5'9" or maybe a little more. When with CH the host he did seem to be shorter to me in the last episode and CH is known to be 5'9". This debate will likely continue. So funny IMHO. Why does it even matter?
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

I too am surprised at how much I like Jake this time around.Didn't get the attraction while he was on the Bachelorette.

I was re-watching his 1 on 1 date with Ali and found him extremely hot. Watching him in his element...... checking the small plane, concentrating on the flight controls, Jake looking normal and slightly unshaven - wow.

Plus, the way he jumped in to help Christina out when he noticed she was having problems during the photoshoot made my heart melt.

I do hope Jake finds some happiness after going through this full Journey - He's a good man and he deserves it.

Good Luck Jake !!!
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3799639;
    I too am surprised at how much I like Jake this time around.Didn't get the attraction while he was on the Bachelorette.

I was re-watching his 1 on 1 date with Ali and found him extremely hot. Watching him in his element...... checking the small plane, concentrating on the flight controls, Jake looking normal and slightly unshaven - wow.

Plus, the way he jumped in to help Christina out when he noticed she was having problems during the photoshoot made my heart melt.

I do hope Jake finds some happiness after going through this full Journey - He's a good man and he deserves it.

Good Luck Jake !!!
    I agree. That was very sweet of him to help her feel more comfortable.

I moved it to spoilers even though it happened last episode. Just in case.

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

I was very impressed with Jake tonight. I thought he demonstrated a lot of integrity. He showed that he has a low tolerance for drama, too.

I'm glad he didn't let Michelle get away with her insecure mind games.

And I like the fact that he got rid of Elizabeth, even though he was very attracted to her. He realized that other women were willing to put their hearts on the line, by kissing him and becoming more intimate with him, and that Elizabeth wasn't willing to do that for him because she's not wiling to lose control of the situation.

I found Jake to be very introspective and insightful with his comments tonight. I've known along that he's not just a handsome face with an 8-pack. He does have depth.

FORT Newbie

As hard as I have tried to be enthusiastic about this year's program, I cannot honestly say that it has really held my interest as much as the bachelorette season.

The girls this year seem so shallow, and Jake doesn't seem to have any intensity about himself.

The shows seem to do all the same things, bungy jumping, going to Seaworld, hot tubs. Do the writers have a master script and just change the names every year?

Closed Thread