Closed Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3850737;
    Wow, talk about the devil being in the details...personally I'm just amazed that we even care about what to me is such an insignificant thing. Language is a funny thing. I've often used one term when I meant to use something else, or something similar, or whatever. I am definitely not trying to be argumentative, but I just don't see the relevance of going this far to investigate someone's past, especially a week after the show has ended. I know, it's fun to sleuth, but what does any of this prove? Most of the people who don't care for Vienna (or Jake) already believe them to be liars. I don't particularly care, one way or the other.....I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow!!
    hear, hear. totally irrelevant. vienna might have been lying, she might have misspoke, or with her casual association with church she may have a more casual understanding of what a pastor is to her. who knows, who cares.

if she was lying to jake, it doesn't seem like it has been a dealbreaker to him.

and since everyone wants to convict her of the lie, let's just decide that it IS a lie. that way posters are happy because vienna is guilty, and jake is happy because he doesn't care one way or the other about the veracity of the story. everybody wins!

p.s. got room for one more on that hawaii trip?
    Last edited by MamaAmyG; 03-08-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: toned down a bad word choice
    _(Moo!)

Coming up on Jason&Molly's wedding....An update on Jake&Vienna.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

I don't mind the back and forth over the couple or the contestants on this show, good or bad, they signed up for it and anyone who actually knows them who decides to go to the public with anything, they also should expect to be questioned. If they don't want to be talked about, judged and picked apart, don't put yourself out there. It's not Rocket Science people.

What I don't get is why the people who like J and V are being mean and nasty to the people who don't care for them or who disagree with them wanting to find out what's true and what's not. I can see debating what you think is good about them and what you like about them, but the bitterness towards others who don't agree with you, I don't get it.

Jake and Vienna looked happy in their little segment. It was obviously filmed during one of their weekends at the sequester house.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850478;
    I've had a busy morning.
    Been corresponding with one of the Pastors at Vienna's fairly large church, and spoke to my lawyer friend at ABC.
    ABC's attorneys are not involved and don't care. They've moved on to other things.
    Maybe revenge and money are issues, but my read on Tanya is that she reads the tabloids and sees the photos, and there is this innate human instinct to set the record straight.
    But I also believe it isn't going to matter. Do you really think Jake can out do Ed? They nailed Ed in so many ways, from so many directions, and he layed low and it went away. Heck, Bill Clinton had cigars and blue dresses and phone messages and lying under oath - he's still around and right now he looks pretty good.
    We've already heard that Jake stole from his business partner, said in an interview he isn't really religious, and may have said this was all a scam for fame while pursuing his old girlfriend after getting engaged.
    Big deal. Nothing is big enough to get Vienna off this gravy train, or change the perception of the show.
    As you explain above others have weathered much worse storms and are okay today. If Jake and Vienna just do the interviews they are committed to and he just does the DWTS thing and doesn't try to make a big deal out of everything all will move on and they will be just fine. In all these situations time will make all the difference. For the most part the public is pretty forgiving and forgetful with time. That is the public outside this board. We all seem to have long memories here.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850617;
    I agree with this analysis. Here's the way I look at it from a legal and practical perspective:
    a) Tanya owes nothing to ABC, is not under contract with them, and can say whatever is on her mind. If she lies, she could be sued for libel and slander by Jake. But I don't see an incentive to lie and the truth is an absolute defense. So I expect to believe her but be unimpressed with what she has to say.
    b) The folks at ABC were actually concerned about Ed's skeletons, enough to let him go home to clear things up - so he went home and made it even worse. At the time, they were furious, but they learned some valuable lessons. Scandals draw viewers, and people have short memories.
    c) I've told a million clients to not send that letter, not file that suit, not make that call, because doing so escalates what will otherwise die quickly.
    Unless she proves that Jake is gay, whatever story she thinks she has is relevant for a week at most.
    d) People believe what they want to believe. It's an accepted fact that juries hear those pieces of evidence that support their preconceived notions, rejecting the rest (that's why WHO you select for your jury is so important - see eg, the OJ Simpson trial). I always get rid of the people who think emotionally, because no amount of solid evidence can overcome it.
    Likewise, If I produced photos of Jake having sex with Tanya and the photo was dated last week, certified by the FBI Crime Lab, the same people would say they are photoshopped and the attacks on Jake are simply vicious.
    So Tanya is interesting to talk about but isn't going to change anything.

But I don't see an incentive to lie and the truth is an absolute defense. So I expect to believe her but be unimpressed with what she has to say

Ouch! Although I had to understand what you are saying, do you know how sad that made me feel when I read it? That's just it though, sdl, most people will have a brief moment of sympathy for her, but that is all. The prevailing attitude on this board alone appears to be that we could write a book of somebody done somebody wrong stories.

The folks at ABC were actually concerned about Ed's skeletons, enough to let him go home to clear things up - so he went home and made it even worse.

That Ed...give him an inch, and he will take a mile.

Unless she proves that Jake is gay, whatever story she thinks she has is relevant for a week at most.

Whoa-ho! This one is exceptional. So, she proves Jake is gay, but she is broken-hearted because she was in love with him, and he promised HER they were going to have a future together. This is some twisted stuff, here.

Likewise, If I produced photos of Jake having sex with Tanya and the photo was dated last week, certified by the FBI Crime Lab, the same people would say they are photoshopped and the attacks on Jake are simply vicious.
    So Tanya is interesting to talk about but isn't going to change anything.

This is of course a generalization based on years of your experience. A generalization means the statement can't be completely true, but if I factor out the snark and factor in your experience with people in relation to the courtroom, this bit of satire speaks of the human nature. Once people make up their minds concerning an issue, they generally do not want to change their minds about that issue.

More interesting to me is how people split and side up in their thoughts! It is fascinating to me how a group of people can see the same set of facts and come up with different conclusions.

Unless Tanya pokes a stick in that anthill called ABC and stirs it up, I don't foresee her changing anything anymore than Lindsey or Bethany did.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Look guys, you're using Jake's thread to dissect Vienna in detail. It's time to shut this down. The show is over, and there's nothing productive to discuss. Please feel free to look about the site and find other threads to chat in.

Closed Thread