Closed Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850564;
    I simply want to know the name of the church where another poster said she spoke to the Pastor's wife, because I question whether it is the church Vienna has attended. We may be talking about 2 different churches, or the conversation never happened, or Vienna didn't even attend church during that time period. We will see.
    So I am seeking clarification before commenting on what I know.
    Doesn't the naming of an individuals church fall a bit into the realm of 'personal information'? It feels a bit intrusive to me. No?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850564;
    I simply want to know the name of the church where another poster said she spoke to the Pastor's wife, because I question whether it is the church Vienna has attended. We may be talking about 2 different churches, or the conversation never happened, or Vienna didn't even attend church during that time period. We will see.
    Thanks for clarifying! Whatever floats your boat, but IMO both J & V are fakes, phonies, and fame-seekers, so all the details are never going to add up.

Originally Posted by sdl
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3850667;
    Thanks for clarifying! Whatever floats your boat, but IMO both J & V are fakes, phonies, and fame-seekers, so all the details are never going to add up.
    In the end it will not change the outcome. Even if it is proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jake or Vienna lied, it will not positively benefit any of us or even do anything significantly negative to them ... if that is what the goal is here.

For all we know, they agreed to stay together for a couple of years and then sell the ring and split it the $$.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;3850639;
    I have one question what is Tanya's motivation for airing her private affairs in a public arena?
    The straight answer is that I don't know, especially since we don't know the full extent of what she has to say.
    But let's say, just hypothetically, that Jake has gone on and on about God and church and the "right reasons" and chivalry and celibacy and "nice guys finish last" and he's genuine and the others weren't and the whole endless Jake infomercial.
    But he has told you that he's tired of flying little commuter planes and is going on the show to develop a career in show biz, that the girls mean nothing, just wait for him, he doesn't even go to church, and then he tries to hook up with you after he is engaged and is on every talk show talking about how he's totally in love and can't stop having sex with this Hooters girl.
    IF that is true, and that seems to be the story but we don't really know yet...but if it is true, wouldn't any person with a moral compass and a backbone speak up?
    As far as I can tell, Lindsey and Bethany got nothing but unwanted publicity and humiliation from the Ed controversy, but at least people weren't fooled anymore.
    I think, and many people still believe, that revealing the truth in a world where we are exposed to so very little of it has it's own reward. I wish more people remembered when that's how we did things.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850617;
    I agree with this analysis. Here's the way I look at it from a legal and practical perspective:
    a) Tanya owes nothing to ABC, is not under contract with them, and can say whatever is on her mind. If she lies, she could be sued for libel and slander by Jake. But I don't see an incentive to lie and the truth is an absolute defense. So I expect to believe her but be unimpressed with what she has to say.
    b) The folks at ABC were actually concerned about Ed's skeletons, enough to let him go home to clear things up - so he went home and made it even worse. At the time, they were furious, but they learned some valuable lessons. Scandals draw viewers, and people have short memories.
    c) I've told a million clients to not send that letter, not file that suit, not make that call, because doing so escalates what will otherwise die quickly.
    Unless she proves that Jake is gay, whatever story she thinks she has is relevant for a week at most.
    d) People believe what they want to believe. It's an accepted fact that juries hear those pieces of evidence that support their preconceived notions, rejecting the rest (that's why WHO you select for your jury is so important - see eg, the OJ Simpson trial). I always get rid of the people who think emotionally, because no amount of solid evidence can overcome it.
    Likewise, If I produced photos of Jake having sex with Tanya and the photo was dated last week, certified by the FBI Crime Lab, the same people would say they are photoshopped and the attacks on Jake are simply vicious.
    So Tanya is interesting to talk about but isn't going to change anything
    So much word to the bolded. It is normal human behavior to continually seek out justification to support our already existing beliefs and opinions, and discount anything that contradicts them.

As to why some people speak out publicly, despite the possible negative backlash, loss of privacy, humiliation, etc, perhaps for some, the alternative, keeping quiet in the face of perceived injustice, is more difficult to swallow. We all have to do what we have to do, and deal with the consequences accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter;3850639;
    I have one question what is Tanya's motivation for airing her private affairs in a public arena?
    That one is easy ... interested in promoting herself and money.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3850650;
    Doesn't the naming of an individuals church fall a bit into the realm of 'personal information'? It feels a bit intrusive to me. No?
    The name of the church where Vienna attended a few times after she was engaged was published in US Magazine, along with comments from people who said they were happy to have her but didn't know her.
    So that's a fair question, but it's not a state secret,
    Here's an example, former President George H.W. Bush goes to St. Martin's Church every Sunday, and anyone who is interested enough to ask knows it.
    We also know he went to Yale, and you can find his house by asking anyone in the neighborhood. His office address is also published. Now I would guess that the former President's security is a wee bit more important than a girl who won't even be at the church I'm asking about.
    So I don't believe that asking where Vienna's boyfriend's father was supposedly a Pastor is invasive. Because it is not for the purpose of spying on her. It is to demonstrate what I already know, that the entire Pastor story was a fabrication and any reports to the contrary, no matter how much spin is added, are false.
    This is how we find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3850692;
    That one is easy ... interested in promoting herself and money.
    I'd agree that it is easy for you to say, but at this point it is impossible to prove. There is a difference in my world. Personally, I'm going to wait before making any assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3850675;
    In the end it will not change the outcome. Even if it is proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jake or Vienna lied, it will not positively benefit any of us or even do anything significantly negative to them ... if that is what the goal is here.

For all we know, they agreed to stay together for a couple of years and then sell the ring and split it the $$.
    Maybe it's not about "changing the outcome." Maybe it is about an intrinsic search for truth. Maybe it's about being offended one too many times by Fleiss & Co. Maybe it's about influencing the future. On any given day I could find myself backing any one of the possible reasons.

Wow, talk about the devil being in the details...personally I'm just amazed that we even care about what to me is such an insignificant thing. Language is a funny thing. I've often used one term when I meant to use something else, or something similar, or whatever. I am definitely not trying to be argumentative, but I just don't see the relevance of going this far to investigate someone's past, especially a week after the show has ended. I know, it's fun to sleuth, but what does any of this prove? Most of the people who don't care for Vienna (or Jake) already believe them to be liars. I don't particularly care, one way or the other.....I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow!!

Closed Thread