Closed Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3850530;
    Two of BIL are ordained ministers and my brother is a "lay" minister who is not ordained but speaks at his church. My dh was what is called a "lay" minister who filled in sometimes on Wednesday nights, but he is not ordained, we were just members of the church. My son would never say he is the "pastors son" because it would be an outright lie. You know, just like V lied to Jake to impress his so-called "spiritual" side. What a joke!
    My brother-in-law who is a lay pastor also performs weddings in the state of Alabama. I double-checked before I spoke, and he is ordained. He is identified as a lay pastor/interim pastor. Again, this is in the state of Alabama.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850478;
    I've had a busy morning.
    Been corresponding with one of the Pastors at Vienna's fairly large church, and spoke to my lawyer friend at ABC.
    ABC's attorneys are not involved and don't care. They've moved on to other things.
    Maybe revenge and money are issues, but my read on Tanya is that she reads the tabloids and sees the photos, and there is this innate human instinct to set the record straight.
    But I also believe it isn't going to matter. Do you really think Jake can out do Ed? They nailed Ed in so many ways, from so many directions, and he layed low and it went away. Heck, Bill Clinton had cigars and blue dresses and phone messages and lying under oath - he's still around and right now he looks pretty good.
    We've already heard that Jake stole from his business partner, said in an interview he isn't really religious, and may have said this was all a scam for fame while pursuing his old girlfriend after getting engaged.
    Big deal. Nothing is big enough to get Vienna off this gravy train, or change the perception of the show.
    Where does the saying "presummed innocent, until proven guilty" [by evidence, not hearsay] come into play in this situation. We will probably never have that answer. So those who like Jill and Ed, Jake and Vienna, will support them and believe them -- those who do not like them, will of course, not believe. A no win situation. Gossip is cheap - truth is hard to come by. My opinion only and not meant to be taken as argumentative at all.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3850538;
    I'm not following, I guess. You said in one of your posts above: "Been corresponding with one of the Pastors at Vienna's fairly large church." Now you're saying you'd like to know the name of the church? How could you be corresponding with the pastor of V's church if you don't know which church it is? Maybe you can clarify.
    I simply want to know the name of the church where another poster said she spoke to the Pastor's wife, because I question whether it is the church Vienna has attended. We may be talking about 2 different churches, or the conversation never happened, or Vienna didn't even attend church during that time period. We will see.
    So I am seeking clarification before commenting on what I know.
    Last edited by sdl; 03-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850546;
    My brother-in-law who is a lay pastor also performs weddings in the state of Alabama. I double-checked before I spoke, and he is ordained. He is identified as a lay pastor/interim pastor. Again, this is in the state of Alabama.
    This is not what I'm talking about.
    You can become a legally ordained minister, with full rights to perform weddings, by giving your name and a donation of $10 on the internet. It is perfectly legal. Freedom of religion.
    If you look on the internet under Universal Life Church or Church of the Gospel Ministry, you too may be ordained in about 15 minutes. For an extra $5, you may obtain your Doctor of Divinity degree, making you the Rev. Dr. Bloomers.
    You may then order the gold leaf certificate, wallet credential, a badge that allows you to bypass security at hospitals, etc.
    Look in the yellow pages - there are dozens of people offering their services for weddings and none of them went to seminary and many have never attended church.
    But let's be clear - I am not saying this in reference to your brother in law. I don't know anything about him.
    And it doesn't apply to Vienna's ex-boyfriend's father, because he doesn't claim to be ordained, even in the fake way.
    What I am saying is that Vienna invented the story.
    So let's just be patient and get the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850505;
    I can not begin to address how Vienna will react if and when this all comes out. Molly just married Jason. To be honest, I wouldn't have bet my spare change on that state of affairs.
    People claimed that Ed would not be allowed at Jillian's cousin's wedding, yet not only was he there, but he and Jillian are now living together in Chicago - the scene of the "crime" itself, and we see them out in public as if nothing notorious happened.
    If Jake truly cares about Vienna - and only Jake knows that -they may weather the storm as the other two couples have. They may also fall apart as15 previous couples have.
    The odds are against them, but then again the odds were against Molly and Jason as well.

Is this reveal going to take place? It has now been postponed. Perhaps there is some behind the scenes wisdom working. I sincerely hope that Tanya has sought very wise counsel - both legal and emotional counsel. I am afraid that in the end, she will be the one to get hurt even more than she is now.

If ABC is not concerned legally, than they have an idea what she has.
    They are obviously feeling again that any publicity - even negative - is good publicity.
    People will be fascinated with what they read, but they won't ever know if it is the truth. If worst comes to worst, the producers will send out Chris Harrison to make a few damage control statements.
    She told the radio talk show host that she did not yet know which publication her new interview would appear in, which suggests she has a third party conducting negotiations on her behalf. Most of the relevant national media interested in the story publish on Thursday, so some decision would need to be made quickly.

Unless ABC has talked to her attorney, they can not possibly know what evidence she purports to have. They can guess--relying on radaronline, etc. (not a sound legal strategy), they can ask Next Entertainment, they can ask Jake, but beyond employing tactics of legal desperation to create an "interest" in the matter for ABC, this is really between Jake and the lady about to make some claim. The smart legal strategy is to stay above it all until her "evidence" is available. At that point, none of ABC's better options will be in the legal arena. Better to use surrogates to attack/defend than to get the "family" network's" hands dirty. Chris Harrison would certainly not be my surrogate of choice. He is already damaged goods.

In some respects, I'm liking the delay. I don't think the specter of scandal wins Jake many votes on DWTS, and to the degree that any of the lady's evidence casts a wider pall on Jake's character, the closer the story is to the DTWS premier strikes me as resulting in fewer votes and an earlier departure from the show. (I just hope that Buzz Aldrin, at 80, can dance in 1.0 gravity, at least for a couple of weeks.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3850580;
    She told the radio talk show host that she did not yet know which publication her new interview would appear in, which suggests she has a third party conducting negotiations on her behalf. Most of the relevant national media interested in the story publish on Thursday, so some decision would need to be made quickly.

Unless ABC has talked to her attorney, they can not possibly know what evidence she purports to have. They can guess--relying on radaronline, etc. (not a sound legal strategy), they can ask Next Entertainment, they can ask Jake, but beyond employing tactics of legal desperation to create an "interest" in the matter for ABC, this is really between Jake and the lady about to make some claim. The smart legal strategy is to stay above it all until her "evidence" is available. At that point, none of ABC's better options will be in the legal arena. Better to use surrogates to attack/defend than to get the "family" network's" hands dirty. Chris Harrison would certainly not be my surrogate of choice. He is already damaged goods.

In some respects, I'm liking the delay. I don't think the specter of scandal wins Jake many votes on DWTS, and to the degree that any of the lady's evidence casts a wider pall on Jake's character, the closer the story is to the DTWS premier strikes me as resulting in fewer votes and an earlier departure from the show. (I just hope that Buzz Aldrin, at 80, can dance in 1.0 gravity, at least for a couple of weeks.)
    And who's to say that whatever comes out doesn't garner Jake sympathy votes? IF the man can dance, you are dealing with a different audience and they may very well come to his rescue. There is a cross-over between shows, but not nearly as significant as many would like.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3850605;
    And who's to say that whatever comes out doesn't garner Jake sympathy votes? IF the man can dance, you are dealing with a different audience and they may very well come to his rescue. There is a cross-over between shows, but not nearly as significant as many would like.
    I know most of the people I know, would not and do not watch the Bachelor period, end of story. But those same people are avid American Idol and DWTS fans and vote regularly each week. Some even have friendly bets with each other over who is going next, who is going to be in the top three, etc.
    Hopefully, Jake can come out strong and garner some support. I would like for him to make a good showing -- I know I'm in the minority - but I do wish him well on DWTS. I also wish both he and Vienna well and hope that they are strong enough to weather all the media/publicity that is swirlling around them right now.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3850580;

I agree with this analysis. Here's the way I look at it from a legal and practical perspective:
    a) Tanya owes nothing to ABC, is not under contract with them, and can say whatever is on her mind. If she lies, she could be sued for libel and slander by Jake. But I don't see an incentive to lie and the truth is an absolute defense. So I expect to believe her but be unimpressed with what she has to say.
    b) The folks at ABC were actually concerned about Ed's skeletons, enough to let him go home to clear things up - so he went home and made it even worse. At the time, they were furious, but they learned some valuable lessons. Scandals draw viewers, and people have short memories.
    c) I've told a million clients to not send that letter, not file that suit, not make that call, because doing so escalates what will otherwise die quickly.
    Unless she proves that Jake is gay, whatever story she thinks she has is relevant for a week at most.
    d) People believe what they want to believe. It's an accepted fact that juries hear those pieces of evidence that support their preconceived notions, rejecting the rest (that's why WHO you select for your jury is so important - see eg, the OJ Simpson trial). I always get rid of the people who think emotionally, because no amount of solid evidence can overcome it.
    Likewise, If I produced photos of Jake having sex with Tanya and the photo was dated last week, certified by the FBI Crime Lab, the same people would say they are photoshopped and the attacks on Jake are simply vicious.
    So Tanya is interesting to talk about but isn't going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3850605;
    This gets into the area of what advice she is receiving from competent counsel. Unless her intention is to help Jake, then her attorney (yes, even in the Florida Panhandle) should have carefully reviewed her evidence and provided her with his or her assessment of likely outcomes, including the potential outcome you have suggested. I just don't consider any of this a vote gaining strategy.

FORT Fanatic

I have one question what is Tanya's motivation for airing her private affairs in a public arena?

Closed Thread