Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

FORT Fan

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;3850399;
    Tanya Douglas is a petite dyed blonde with brown eyes similiar to Vienna. She's 24 and Vienna is 23. Other than money or revenge, why would Tanya need to air her relationship with Jake --- before he was engaged to Vienna. No one expects Vienna to tolerate Jake dancing with Chelsea Hightower (she's a beauty). No one expects Jake and Vienna to actually get married either. So....there's really no story here.
    Sorry, I disagree with you on a couple of your points. Vienna has already stated on a talk show last week that Chelsea can have him on the dance floor, but at night he returns to her.

As far as the getting married -- I feel they have as much chance as anyone else. It depends on their desire and I'm certainly not going to try and second guess them. Now with Shane and Matt - I could see that one was not going any place, right off. From the moment Matt got down on one knee to propose, I could see it was for publicity only.

As to the "other woman, Tanya", I see revenge and money being factors. Then again, all this advance publicity of her big major announcement, when and if it does come, it will be nothing compared to the hype before hand. Mission accomplished. I wonder by now if ABC's attorneys are involved, since she indicated that she had damaging evidence both on Jake and the show itself.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3850444;
    [QUOTE=Missy Girl;3850402;]Jake's tweet concerning the dreaded turtleneck:

OK...! I wore the blue turtle neck sweater for 4hr and did 3 different interviews. Lol...
    about 15 hours ago via mobile web

YEAH....RIGHT! So he is saying that he did all those interviews in a 4 hour period of time? Delusional.....

Even more interesting to me is that, he will respond to the criticism of his clothing selections and defend them by lying.......hmmmmm, does he also do the same with Vienna and the criticism of her. While on line in the supermarket this morning, I scanned a mag that that had them on the cover and he said as soon as his family saw how happy Vienna made him they warmed up to her. For me that thaw would take a long time, not saying that is right, just saying it would be tough for me to warm up to her so fast.
    I don't care whether Jake was defending the frequency of his wearing the mock by lying, what is his defense for the fashion choice itself, it is awful and looked terrible on him!

If the only reason his family has "warmed up to" and accepted Vienna is because they see how happy Jake is now, they are several steps away from "loving her", as Vienna claims. I predict that if the day ever comes when Jake stops looking so happy, they will be quickly throwing her under the bus.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850437;
    We can talk in generalities about people we know and what might have happened, or we can be specific as to this church and this situation.
    I've already made contacts and researched it.
    At this point, I will only say that nobody is claiming that Vienna's boyfriend's father was the actual Pastor, and nobody is claiming that he was an ordained minister (except Vienna).
    What was suggested was that maybe the church was so small and when the Pastor was gone, the lay people would fill in. This was supposedly learned from a conversation with the real Pastor's wife.
    Just tell me the name of the church, and I will tell you what I know.
    The relevance to this thread is the extent to which Jake was mislead.
    You and I are not "bickering" - you hear? - because we aren't going to be responsible for getting the thread shut down. However, I was responding to the following specific statements:

"Lay minister" is a loose term which refers to someone who is NOT an ordained minister but sometimes helps out. Some churches use that title, which is a bit of a misnomer, but most mainstream churches do not recognize such a fuzzy designation.

BTW, my brother-in-law is a lay pastor for small Baptist churches in the state of Alabama. The Baptist Church is considered mainstream in our part of the country.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ajd66;3850447;

As to the "other woman, Tanya", I see revenge and money being factors. Then again, all this advance publicity of her big major announcement, when and if it does come, it will be nothing compared to the hype before hand. Mission accomplished. I wonder by now if ABC's attorneys are involved, since she indicated that she had damaging evidence both on Jake and the show itself.
    I've had a busy morning.
    Been corresponding with one of the Pastors at Vienna's fairly large church, and spoke to my lawyer friend at ABC.
    ABC's attorneys are not involved and don't care. They've moved on to other things.
    Maybe revenge and money are issues, but my read on Tanya is that she reads the tabloids and sees the photos, and there is this innate human instinct to set the record straight.
    But I also believe it isn't going to matter. Do you really think Jake can out do Ed? They nailed Ed in so many ways, from so many directions, and he layed low and it went away. Heck, Bill Clinton had cigars and blue dresses and phone messages and lying under oath - he's still around and right now he looks pretty good.
    We've already heard that Jake stole from his business partner, said in an interview he isn't really religious, and may have said this was all a scam for fame while pursuing his old girlfriend after getting engaged.
    Big deal. Nothing is big enough to get Vienna off this gravy train, or change the perception of the show.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850477;
    You and I are not "bickering" - you hear? - because we aren't going to be responsible for getting the thread shut down. However, I was responding to the following specific statements:

"Lay minister" is a loose term which refers to someone who is NOT an ordained minister but sometimes helps out. Some churches use that title, which is a bit of a misnomer, but most mainstream churches do not recognize such a fuzzy designation.

BTW, my brother-in-law is a lay pastor for small Baptist churches in the state of Alabama. The Baptist Church is considered mainstream in our part of the country.
    I heard you, and I get what you are saying. There are some people who are ordained but work in other full time jobs and help out sometimes at a church - so my sentence was poorly written. "Lay minister" can have a couple of different meanings.
    But my point is that this does not apply to the person we are talking about.
    Again, let's be specific about the church in question, so there is no more wiggle room, and I will tell you what I have learned.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 03-08-2010 at 02:26 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850478;
    I've had a busy morning.
    Been corresponding with one of the Pastors at Vienna's fairly large church, and spoke to my lawyer friend at ABC.
    ABC's attorneys are not involved and don't care. They've moved on to other things.
    Maybe revenge and money are issues, but my read on Tanya is that she reads the tabloids and sees the photos, and there is this innate human instinct to set the record straight.
    But I also believe it isn't going to matter. Do you really think Jake can out do Ed? They nailed Ed in so many ways, from so many directions, and he layed low and it went away. Heck, Bill Clinton had cigars and blue dresses and phone messages and lying under oath - he's still around and right now he looks pretty good.
    We've already heard that Jake stole from his business partner, said in an interview he isn't really religious, and may have said this was all a scam for fame while pursuing his old girlfriend after getting engaged.
    Big deal. Nothing is big enough to get Vienna off this gravy train, or change the perception of the show.
    I can not begin to address how Vienna will react if and when this all comes out. Molly just married Jason. To be honest, I wouldn't have bet my spare change on that state of affairs.
    People claimed that Ed would not be allowed at Jillian's cousin's wedding, yet not only was he there, but he and Jillian are now living together in Chicago - the scene of the "crime" itself, and we see them out in public as if nothing notorious happened.
    If Jake truly cares about Vienna - and only Jake knows that -they may weather the storm as the other two couples have. They may also fall apart as15 previous couples have.
    The odds are against them, but then again the odds were against Molly and Jason as well.

Is this reveal going to take place? It has now been postponed. Perhaps there is some behind the scenes wisdom working. I sincerely hope that Tanya has sought very wise counsel - both legal and emotional counsel. I am afraid that in the end, she will be the one to get hurt even more than she is now.

If ABC is not concerned legally, than they have an idea what she has. They are obviously feeling again that any publicity - even negative - is good publicity.
    People will be fascinated with what they read, but they won't ever know if it is the truth. If worst comes to worst, the producers will send out Chris Harrison to make a few damage control statements.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850478;
    I've had a busy morning.
    So what did you find out re the bolded part? Don't keep us in suspense!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3850343;
    My brother-in-law is ordained. He is also a lay pastor who performs much like a long term substitute for a teacher on maternity leave. He goes in until the church's pastor is able to return or until the church is able to employ a new pastor. In other words, he is functioning as an interim pastor.
    My brother-in-law at times is also a bi-vocational pastor.
    These churches usually have very small congregations, and because the congregations are smaller, my brother-in-law is able to work at his day job and help out at the church in the evenings on the weekends.
    Two of BIL are ordained ministers and my brother is a "lay" minister who is not ordained but speaks at his church. My dh was what is called a "lay" minister who filled in sometimes on Wednesday nights, but he is not ordained, we were just members of the church. My son would never say he is the "pastors son" because it would be an outright lie. You know, just like V lied to Jake to impress his so-called "spiritual" side. What a joke!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3850530;
    Two of BIL are ordained ministers and my brother is a "lay" minister who is not ordained but speaks at his church. My dh was what is called a "lay" minister who filled in sometimes on Wednesday nights, but he is not ordained, we were just members of the church. My son would never say he is the "pastors son" because it would be an outright lie. You know, just like V lied to Jake to impress his so-called "spiritual" side. What a joke!
    You have hit on my point. Certainly lay people who lead worship services are doing good work, but their sons are not the son of the "Pastor."
    Again, nobody is claiming that Vienna's boyfriend's father was an ordained minister.
    But Flori da said she spoke with real Pastor's wife, and I would like to know the name of this church. Then I will comment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850536;
    You have hit on my point. Certainly lay people who lead worship services are doing good work, but their sons are not the son of the "Pastor."
    Again, nobody is claiming that Vienna's boyfriend's father was an ordained minister.
    But Flori da said she spoke with real Pastor's wife, and I would like to know the name of this church. Then I will comment.

I'm not following, I guess. You said in one of your posts above: "Been corresponding with one of the Pastors at Vienna's fairly large church." Now you're saying you'd like to know the name of the church? How could you be corresponding with the pastor of V's church if you don't know which church it is? Maybe you can clarify.

Closed Thread