Closed Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3850112;
    Vienna.....values? One contestant on the show said V would say how she was going to shake her boobs in Jake's face and they said she would grab his butt and he would pop her on the butt right back. The source said it got so bad that the girls complained and the producers had to tell him to stop it. I don't know how that behavior translates into "values" as far as I'm concerned. That is just trashy behavior on both their parts and disrespectful to the other women. Their definition of "values" is definitely different from mine. They also said she rubbed her trashy "relationship" with Jake in Ali's face and Ali would take it to heart and would "call her out on it". V also said she would invite them all to her engagement and bachelorette party. She is soooooo immature, but so is Jake. I'm glad he ended up with her because all the other gals were way too good for him. He really is a creep and not a "nice guy" at all. He's just what many of you here have said about him, he's a total "fake".
    Never listen to people who TELL you who they are -- watch and they will SHOW you who they are. Tacky.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3850136;
    Never listen to people who TELL you who they are -- watch and they will SHOW you who they are. Tacky.
    ITA. Jake is showing us in spades now who he really is and few people are impressed. We already knew who V was and she is trying to clean up her image, but it is totally fake and even Jake is now acting like she did in the house.

I just want those two off of my tv and computer screen. I hope he is the first to get voted off dwts so he'll have to live with V in a "normal" day-to-day lifestyle. That won't last long.

FORT Fogey

I seem to remember that very early on this past season, sdl shared some information that the crew found Jake to be a "horn dog" and difficult at times. Seems like once again sdl got good information and I just wanted to say thank you to him -- he gave me an early heads up and I tried to pay close attention to Jake's edited behavior on the show.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3850243;
    I seem to remember that very early on this past season, sdl shared some information that the crew found Jake to be a "horn dog" and difficult at times. Seems like once again sdl got good information and I just wanted to say thank you to him -- he gave me an early heads up and I tried to pay close attention to Jake's edited behavior on the show.
    I just happened to sign on, maybe my ears were burning, but thank you for that post.
    I took some heat for my early report, which was only passing along what I was told - and there were definitely times when I wondered how my inside guy, who has never mislead me, could say that Jake was a horndog. I wasn't seeing it on TV.
    But what we have to remember is that this conversation took place when we were at the beginning of the season and knew only what little they would show us, and the guy I'm talking to has been through the entire season, and was already at the point where we are now.
    So, yes, it does make complete sense now that we have seen the real Jake and Vienna. Actually, I think they are worse than described.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3849594;
    I went to the grocery store to do my weekly shopping today. While I was in line I was reading the headlines on the tabloids.(I don't buy them, so as not to encourage their kind of "journalism")

Just thought you all would like to know the latest. Please read with all the proper skepticism:
    Apparently Jake & Ali are seeing each other on the sly. per OK magazine.
    However just in case you believe this...............
    President Obama is making romantic phone calls to Oprah in the middle of the night. per the Globe
    And depending which tabloid you read: Brad & Angelina are "back" together for the sake of the kids; Are truly in love; or are split up & putting on a show.

How can people give any credibility to this type of rubbish?
    When someone has decided he or she does not like a particular person, expert him or her to believe the worst about the person. Any unsubstantiated story about the person becomes 'truth' even though the source is questionable. Also, if the person, in this case Jake, does something that does not live up to the expectation, expect him to be readily described as a 'puppet' of Fleiss. Worst, whatever he does is viewed as an 'edit' suggesting that everything he does is scripted. I remember only a few got glowing reviews _ Andrew Firestone is one of them. Well, he is a 'Firestone' .... forget the fact that he asked his fiancee to share an apartment with a friend. Did he get criticized for that ... i would say yes but the criticisms were sort of muted .... We are a society so beholden to those with wads of money or seemingly high social status. Most women in the B14 acted condescendingly to those they considered of lower social status. They criticized Vienna for her poor social graces or etiquette; I wonder how they saw theirs. Vienna was right when she called them out declaring them 'fake' .... Well-educated women do not speak/act the way these women acted ... nor would they enjoy trashing someone so publicly or applaud someone who does it. These women make me sick!!!

No, I'm not a Vienna fan ... and I wish ABC did show scenes confirming her so called trashy behavior. Yes, there was a scene that one could apply the word 'trashy' like her visit to Jake that evening in the castle but then there were other scenes with some women that the famed Etiquette Expert would have classed as 'trashy'.

I could recall a few women who really were classy _Tessa Horst, that Heather girl from Texas (Alex's season), and the F2 in that Fisherman's season (i forgot the bachelor's name - the one who ended withh Mary Delgado), and Stephanie in Jason's season.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3849999;
    Great pictures of the two of them!

Since the Vienna thread is closed, I will answer the pastor question here. The "pastor's son" in question was not the son of "the pastor" but the lay pastor. Small churches tend to have these when the regular pastor is away or sick. Got this straight from the "pastor's wife" I spoke to awhile back.
    What is the name of the church? I'd like to check it out.
    "Lay minister" is a loose term which refers to someone who is NOT an ordained minister but sometimes helps out. Some churches use that title, which is a bit of a misnomer, but most mainstream churches do not recognize such a fuzzy designation.
    In any event, I would never refer to a "lay minister" as my Pastor.
    It's like referring to a congressional aide as my "Congressman."
    But I don't believe her story, so please let me know which church she attended and I will verify whether they recognize unordained ministers.
    Because the information I have is that since becoming engaged to Jake, Vienna has attended church on a couple of occasions, and the people there of course welcomed her but expressed surprise because they had never seen her before.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850275;
    "Lay minister" is a loose term which refers to someone who is NOT an ordained minister but sometimes helps out. Some churches use that title, which is a bit of a misnomer, but most mainstream churches do not recognize such a fuzzy designation.
    But I don't believe her story, so please let me know which church she attended and I will verify whether they recognize unordained ministers.
    Because the information I have is that since becoming engaged to Jake, Vienna has attended church on a couple of occasions, and the people there of course welcomed her but expressed surprise because they had never seen her before.
    Although I have always resided in big cities, I am certainly aware and respectful of smaller and different type of communities from my own.

There does exist, in many parts of America, smaller or less established churches that haven't or from time to time, don't have have the ability to hire ministers on staff. (Even larger, established congregations have, upon occasion have had temporary ministers, sometimes for years, for lack of being able to secure a qualified replacement suitable.) Finally, a lay minister in not necessarily refer to unordained.

I am also aware of certain gossip sites that published ridiculous, unsubstantiated accounts of Vienna, with the only intention of soiling her character. IMO, those rumors are clearly as idiotic as the Marine's ex in regard to marital assets and infidelity.

From the statement, "Vienna has attended church on a couple of occasions, and the people there of course welcomed her but expressed surprise because they had never seen her before,",I know exactly from which that information pertaining and can say with absolute certainty, there is no contextual validity to it whatsoever.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3850298;
    Although I have always resided in big cities, I am certainly aware and respectful of smaller and different type of communities from my own.

There does exist, in many parts of America, smaller or less established churches that haven't or from time to time, don't have have the ability to hire ministers on staff. (Even larger, established congregations have, upon occasion have had temporary ministers, sometimes for years, for lack of being able to secure a qualified replacement suitable.) Finally, a lay minister in not necessarily refer to unordained.

I am also aware of certain gossip sites that published ridiculous, unsubstantiated accounts of Vienna, with the only intention of soiling her character. IMO, those rumors are clearly as idiotic as the Marine's ex in regard to marital assets and infidelity.

From the statement, "Vienna has attended church on a couple of occasions, and the people there of course welcomed her but expressed surprise because they had never seen her before,",I know exactly from which that information pertaining and can say with absolute certainty, there is no contextual validity to it whatsoever.
    Let's just get an answer to the question regarding which church Flori da was referencing, and then I will be very specific on this issue - no need to speculate about what some churches do or don't do, what might be true, or what you don't believe.
    I'm prepared to address specifics.

Update on the radio interview ~

The gal was supposed to have the contract signed with a third party (magazine) last Friday, so the radio station expected to play a 20-minute interview on the show today. Well, now they are saying possibly next Monday until they can play or say anything. The story is too good to not play the interview, so they are waiting it out. They are biting at the bit to play it.

The exgirlfriend has 'major dirt' not only on Jake but the show, and will change your perspective on every show from now on ( maybe not all of us ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3850243;
    Yes, thank you sdl for letting us in on the reality of this show. I hope that you continue to do so.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3850275;
    My brother-in-law is ordained. He is also a lay pastor who performs much like a long term substitute for a teacher on maternity leave. He goes in until the church's pastor is able to return or until the church is able to employ a new pastor. In other words, he is functioning as an interim pastor.
    My brother-in-law at times is also a bi-vocational pastor.
    These churches usually have very small congregations, and because the congregations are smaller, my brother-in-law is able to work at his day job and help out at the church in the evenings on the weekends.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Closed Thread