Closed Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3848799;
    Pavelka said to whomever (Harrison/other) that Vienna has been unfairly and improperly portrayed in the media as "having no values." The camera doesn't lie.

What evidence of her values does the media or anyone else have? What evidence does *Jake* himself have of her values? He never elaborated. The only shared values I can see they have is a love of fame.
    Some other shared values seem to be public disclosure of sexual "chemistry", mattress quality, lack of fashion sense, and disregard for tact/sensitivity with others.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3849261;
    I agree with these points for the most part, although I can't say with certainty what kind of relationship it was when he left for the show. I'm not a fan of JV, but I still find this coming from Tanya to be, at the least, very odd.
    I winder if it is possible that she's being compensated for stirring the pot ? Nobody has really said anything terrible about her ... only that her story is a fabrication.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-06-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3846225;
    I see Jake getting a lot of flack for leading Tenley on to the end if they never had any physical chemistry. (There's also a contradiction perhaps between Jake saying in one interview he didn't sleep with any girls during the ONDs and then saying they didn't have any sexual chemistry.)

Let's not forget, the producers choose the final four, apparently. Jake's job is to sell their decisions and explain them. Evidently they didn't provide him with much advice and even if they did, it may not be enough. Mr. Pavelka suffers from foot-in-mouth disease. Despite being sharply dressed and donning a polished Mr. Nice Guy image, he admitted in the final episode he blew it twice: firstly in his hurtful words to Tenley and then telling his family Vienna had trouble with women.

Since then he's done interviews (no editing, alas) in which he's thrown Ali under the bus and contradicted his earlier comments.
    I think they guide him to the final four but I think he has input. If there was someone else he was falling for that wasn't picked by the directors they would keep that person and let one of the F4 go. I think this show is scripted to a point but not nearly as much as many people seem to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3849271;
    I think they guide him to the final four but I think he has input. If there was someone else he was falling for that wasn't picked by the directors they would keep that person and let one of the F4 go. I think this show is scripted to a point but not nearly as much as many people seem to believe.
    He went on and on in the BH interview about all the input he had regarding the women who were cast as well as the date planning etc. Of course we don't believe much if anything he says these days.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3849266;
    Some other shared values seem to be public disclosure of sexual "chemistry", mattress quality, lack of fashion sense, and disregard for tact/sensitivity with others.
    I have to disagree with this. I think Vienna has been looking great in the interviews. Jake has no style but I can't say the same for Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3849280;
    I have to disagree with this. I think Vienna has been looking great in the interviews. Jake has no style but I can't say the same for Vienna.
    I was talking about on the show. She does look much better but someone else is dressing her ... probably wardrobe and makeup people. As I said elsewhere ... I don't think she knows/knew how to make the most of her assets.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3849276;
    He went on and on in the BH interview about all the input he had regarding the women who were cast as well as the date planning etc. Of course we don't believe much if anything he says these days.
    Oh I definitely don't believe all Jake says in the interviews too much of its scripted even now.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3849298;
    I was talking about on the show. She does look much better but someone else is dressing her ... probably wardrobe and makeup people. As I said elsewhere ... I don't think she knows/knew how to make the most of her assets.
    I got you. Yes I totally agree with this. She definitely has a stylist now or else learned a lot about style in the past 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3849298;
    Any reason these people can't help Jake buy a new shirt??

The quality of Vienna's clothing and the products she is using for her appearance are much improved since the show. Perhaps she has a bit more money to spend on those kinds of things.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

I went to the grocery store to do my weekly shopping today. While I was in line I was reading the headlines on the tabloids.(I don't buy them, so as not to encourage their kind of "journalism")

Just thought you all would like to know the latest. Please read with all the proper skepticism:
    Apparently Jake & Ali are seeing each other on the sly. per OK magazine.
    However just in case you believe this...............
    President Obama is making romantic phone calls to Oprah in the middle of the night. per the Globe
    And depending which tabloid you read: Brad & Angelina are "back" together for the sake of the kids; Are truly in love; or are split up & putting on a show.

How can people give any credibility to this type of rubbish?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Closed Thread