Closed Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

I just saw an interview he did with AOL. He thinks Rozlyn is just trying to get publicity and so he doesn't like to talk about her. Good move. He also says the reason he didn't get rid of Vienna was because none of the women who complained about her gave him a reason why they didn't like her other than that they just didn't like her. He thought they were just jealous. Interesting how they "warned" Jake about Vienna but not about Rozlyn. That is interesting that their priorities are the way they are. He also says he doesn't read/believe the tabloids.

Jake telling the girl who said she was in love with him and about to get a proposal she wasn't hot enough for him was a new low in Bachelor history.

We missed:

Chris Harrison: "Coming right up... a new low in Bachelor history... Jake tells Tenley what every woman wants to hear: she's not sexy enough..."

Jake making Vienna take her ring back and think she was being rejected I thought was inappropriate, not funny, and cruel.

If you really loved a girl, would you do that? It's not like talking to your skating partner at the Olympics and making her think she just a silver medal.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I never watched the whole season. Just the get together with the girls and hten this final episode. But in the little I did watch and when I have seen him interviewed he just oozed immaturity to me. So it came as little surprise he ended up with who he ended up with (she too oozed immaturity).

I also found it fishy that just now he determined there was no "physical chemistry" with Tenely at the end. I can usually pick out that I'm not sexually or physically attracted to someone with in minutes.

I found how he dumped Tenely to be cruel. You don't tell someone you love them and they're perfect and then dump them and essentially leave them hanging on some vague comment the day before that she's doesn't make his little man happy basically.

This whole show disturbs me on some profound level generally speaking.

I see Jake getting a lot of flack for leading Tenley on to the end if they never had any physical chemistry. (There's also a contradiction perhaps between Jake saying in one interview he didn't sleep with any girls during the ONDs and then saying they didn't have any sexual chemistry.)

Let's not forget, the producers choose the final four, apparently. Jake's job is to sell their decisions and explain them. Evidently they didn't provide him with much advice and even if they did, it may not be enough. Mr. Pavelka suffers from foot-in-mouth disease. Despite being sharply dressed and donning a polished Mr. Nice Guy image, he admitted in the final episode he blew it twice: firstly in his hurtful words to Tenley and then telling his family Vienna had trouble with women.

Since then he's done interviews (no editing, alas) in which he's thrown Ali under the bus and contradicted his earlier comments.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3846225;
    I see Jake getting a lot of flack for leading Tenley on to the end if they never had any physical chemistry. (There's also a contradiction perhaps between Jake saying in one interview he didn't sleep with any girls during the ONDs and then saying they didn't have any sexual chemistry.)

Let's not forget, the producers choose the final four, apparently. Jake's job is to sell their decisions and explain them. Evidently they didn't provide him with much advice and even if they did, it may not be enough. Mr. Pavelka suffers from foot-in-mouth disease. Despite being sharply dressed and donning a polished Mr. Nice Guy image, he admitted in the final episode he blew it twice: firstly in his hurtful words to Tenley and then telling his family Vienna had trouble with women.

Since then he's done interviews (no editing, alas) in which he's thrown Ali under the bus and contradicted his earlier comments.
    I think the flack is deserved.
    However he shouldn't be getting flack for who he did choose, even if it wasn't my choice, but definitely for leading Tenley on and for contradicting himself. He's a loser.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Pavelka said to whomever (Harrison/other) that Vienna has been unfairly and improperly portrayed in the media as "having no values." The camera doesn't lie.

What evidence of her values does the media or anyone else have? What evidence does *Jake* himself have of her values? He never elaborated. The only shared values I can see they have is a love of fame.

I didn't realize this thread was here until just now. Imagine my surprise to find out there is yet another woman in this world, that lets her boyfriend go on a reality dating show, and will wait patiently for his return.

A woman claiming to be one of Pavelka's exes recently said on Island 106's That Guy Kramer radio show in Panama City, Fla., that Pavelka, 32, left his relationship with her "on hold" when he went off to film The Bachelor.
    As Bloomers posted upthread, there was a former g/f of Jakes that posted at the begining of the season. She was very clear with who was involved, and when the relationships ended. There wasn't a relationship when he left to do the show.

I don't care about Jake Vienna or any of the others, however I simply cannot believe someone who has a great website, job, looks etc, as Tanya, come out after the FRC and say something like that. What the heck am I missing? Do I have old fashion values?

What is it that she is looking for, sympanthy, money? I just don't understand, because to me, she's the fool to let him go and "be on hold" until he returns?

With regards to leading Tenley on, as long as this show airs, there will always, be someone that was led on, there has to be.

I haven't seen much of Jake and Vienna, but it appears to me, they are really in love. Good luck to them, I hope they enjoy alot of happiness together.

"There was no overlap with that or any other relationship during the show," he continued. "It is unfortunate that people such as this are trying to financially capitalize on or disparage my incredible relationship with Vienna. I only wish everyone could be as happy for us as we are happy together."

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3848887;
    I didn't realize this thread was here until just now. Imagine my surprise to find out there is yet another woman in this world, that lets her boyfriend go on a reality dating show, and will wait patiently for his return.

As Bloomers posted upthread, there was a former g/f of Jakes that posted at the begining of the season. She was very clear with who was involved, and when the relationships ended. There wasn't a relationship when he left to do the show.

I don't care about Jake Vienna or any of the others, however I simply cannot believe someone who has a great website, job, looks etc, as Tanya, come out after the FRC and say something like that. What the heck am I missing? Do I have old fashion values?

What is it that she is looking for, sympanthy, money? I just don't understand, because to me, she's the fool to let him go and "be on hold" until he returns?

With regards to leading Tenley on, as long as this show airs, there will always, be someone that was led on, there has to be.

I haven't seen much of Jake and Vienna, but it appears to me, they are really in love. Good luck to them, I hope they enjoy alot of happiness together.

Great post, GA!

FORT Fan

----------------

What I find troubling about this is the fact that this girl is supposed to be smart having graduated 'Summa cum laude'! and with a resumé that is remarkably impressive and yet she agreed to have her relationship put on hold so that the boyfriend could play the 'Bachelor' looking for the woman of his dreams. How ironic that someone with her smarts didn't get to see what that agreement (if there was one) meant. Yes, she has to defend her honor but, I think, the focus should be on rehabilitating her image as an intelligent, thinking and rational being. She accused him for being a cad _ if she agreed to wait, she tacitly permitted him to be one.

I agree with these points for the most part, although I can't say with certainty what kind of relationship it was when he left for the show. I'm not a fan of JV, but I still find this coming from Tanya to be, at the least, very odd.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Closed Thread