Re: Jake Pavelka - The Bachelor 14

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;3828446;
    Who is the second one?
    Trista - yes
    Meredith - no
    Jenn - no
    Deanna - no
    Jillian - not yet

I read that Jason & Molly will be getting hitched on TV & it will air after Jake's season ends (3/8). That would make two marriages out of the whole franchise (Bach & 'ette).
    Jenn Scheft got married - not to Jerry who she coldly dumped at ATFR, but to someone outside of the The Bachelorette franchise.

FORT Fan

Who is the second one?
    Trista - yes
    Meredith - no
    Jenn - no
    Deanna - no
    Jillian - not yet

I read that Jason & Molly will be getting hitched on TV & it will air after Jake's season ends (3/8). That would make two marriages out of the whole franchise (Bach & 'ette).
    Oh no, I hope it is not Jason & Molly. I can't stand these two, after what he did to Melissa. Melissa got married to someone outside of the Bach franchise. I hope it is Jillian and whatever his name is. I can't stand her voice (it's like nails scratching on glass), but at least, she has a pleasant personality.

FORT Newbie

I've watched all season and I cannot stand Jake. He's a weenie, inconsistent, and I don't care what he says, you cannot be "in love" with three people at once.

Well, in all fairness, each bachelor / bachelorette claims to be in love with multiple people., Jake is not unique in that respect; just living up to the very low bar set by this franchise.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by DisembodiedHand;3830762;
    I've watched all season and I cannot stand Jake. He's a weenie, inconsistent, and I don't care what he says, you cannot be "in love" with three people at once.

I don't want someone who tells me he's in love with me and 3 other women. What an ass. Sorry, weenie.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Who is the second one?
    Trista - yes
    Meredith - no
    Jenn - no
    Deanna - no
    Jillian - not yet

I was thinking of Jillian and Ed--what, aren't they married yet??

I have not been a regular watcher of these shows since our first bachelor and bachelorette, Alex and Trista. After those I was completely bored with the whole charade. If Jillian and Ed make it to the altar, that would make 2 lasting matches for the Bachelorette series, and one for the Bachelor if your intel is correct.

Not great returns by any standard . . . so one wonders why ABC keeps re-upping these shows with such low rate of success in achieving their stated purpose, which is to get these contestants married. I guess there is no dearth of interest in watching vapid, good-looking people get hot-tub booty action while the alcohol freely flows! Nice work if you can get it, which is why there is no shortage of Bachelor/ette hopefuls.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3830855;

I don't want someone who tells me he's in love with me and 3 other women. What an ass. Sorry, weenie.
    In weak defense of Jake (yes, he's a weenie, but I prefer to call him "Flight Instructor Ken"), really, aren't ALL the people who get involved on these shows weenies? Or whatever the female equivilent of weenie is? Jake is contractually obligated to repeat ad nauseum these phrases like, "Journey", "Process"; "She's an incredible girl" and "I'm falling for three women at once." They force all of our bachelors to spout this tripe, so he's just hitting his marks and saying his lines like any mediocre actor on a low-rent soap opera can. Because lest we forget, this is not "reality"; it's acting. And he's playing the role of an unattached man searching for a wife. Since Vienna and a girl who posed semi-nude in Maxim are in his top three, it's very safe to assume that he is something less than serious about actually finding a lifetime partner. But either of those girls would be great fun as Ms. Right this Minute in St. Lucia in the Fantasy Suite.

Ick.

Jake is not a weenie for playing the part he's been hired to play. He's a weenie for going on the show in the first place. A man who appears on a show like this is by definition, not of sterling character. Same for the girls, except that while they are each making out with just one guy, HE gets to play tonsil hockey with 2 dozen women. And more. Gee, Charlie Sheen had to pay beaucoup bucks to the Hollywood Madam for a privilege like that and here not only is Jake getting it for free, he's also being handsomely paid to travel, lodge, wine and dine first class while he does it.

Being on the Bachelor is like the Islamic afterlife, except that it's here and now! What red-blooded American male wouldn't grab this chance with both hands? Very few. But I'd sure hate to have 'won' my husband by being the last hootchie standing. Neither part of that prospective couple would be a great prize, IMO.

ps My analogy to the Islamic afterlife is apt except one salient point: Nobody is a virgin. The lone virgin got sent home because she would have thrown a damper on the tropical orgy episode. lol
    Last edited by hikari; 02-17-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add postscript!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3831574;
    In weak defense of Jake (yes, he's a weenie, but I prefer to call him "Flight Instructor Ken"), really, aren't ALL the people who get involved on these shows weenies? Or whatever the female equivilent of weenie is? Jake is contractually obligated to repeat ad nauseum these phrases like, "Journey", "Process"; "She's an incredible girl" and "I'm falling for three women at once." They force all of our bachelors to spout this tripe, so he's just hitting his marks and saying his lines like any mediocre actor on a low-rent soap opera can. Because lest we forget, this is not "reality"; it's acting. And he's playing the role of an unattached man searching for a wife. Since Vienna and a girl who posed semi-nude in Maxim are in his top three, it's very safe to assume that he is something less than serious about actually finding a lifetime partner. But either of those girls would be great fun as Ms. Right this Minute in St. Lucia in the Fantasy Suite.

Ick.

Jake is not a weenie for playing the part he's been hired to play. He's a weenie for going on the show in the first place. A man who appears on a show like this is by definition, not of sterling character. Same for the girls, except that while they are each making out with just one guy, HE gets to play tonsil hockey with 2 dozen women. And more. Gee, Charlie Sheen had to pay beaucoup bucks to the Hollywood Madam for a privilege like that and here not only is Jake getting it for free, he's also being handsomely paid to travel, lodge, wine and dine first class while he does it.

Being on the Bachelor is like the Islamic afterlife, except that it's here and now! What red-blooded American male wouldn't grab this chance with both hands? Very few. But I'd sure hate to have 'won' my husband by being the last hootchie standing. Neither part of that prospective couple would be a great prize, IMO.

ps My analogy to the Islamic afterlife is apt except one salient point: Nobody is a virgin. The lone virgin got sent home because she would have thrown a damper on the tropical orgy episode. lol
    And I am sure that whomever he chose would get to spend a few more days in St. Lucia with Jake. Therefore extending the fantasy suite for a few days. Just my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3831561;
    . . . so one wonders why ABC keeps re-upping these shows with such low rate of success in achieving their stated purpose, which is to get these contestants married. . .
    Because their real (albeit unstated. sort of.) purpose is ratings and making money from sponsors, etc. And they have plenty of that.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3831574;
    . . . really, aren't ALL the people who get involved on these shows weenies? Or whatever the female equivilent of weenie is? . . .
    Weenette?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread