+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer the Bachelor or the Bachelorette?

Re: Do you prefer the Bachelor or the Bachelorette?

Bachelorette for sure.

I was fanning myself during most of Jillian's season.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3765157;

I was fanning myself during most of Jillian's season.
    I was doing that for both Jillian's season and DeAnna's

Without a doubt it's the Bachelorette for me. 25 (or 30) guys per show compared to 1 guy who I never find attractive. It's because of guys like Ian, Jerry, Graham, Ed, Ben ............

The only bachelors I've ever really liked were Andrew and Charlie. Usually it's the gals who draw me in but could live without the show altogether.

Is American taste in men really that different? Out of all the guys I have seen on the Bach/Bachette I have only had mild interest in Brad, Reid, Jesse Csinsiak and bearded Patrick from Dee's season. I have found so many of the guys seriously unattractive looks wise its wierd (I include Graham,Matt Grant, Jeremy and Kip in this).

Then again, the british version of the show didnt have any hotties either so maybe Im just odd
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3765721;
    Is American taste in men really that different? Out of all the guys I have seen on the Bach/Bachette I have only had mild interest in Brad, Reid, Jesse Csinsiak and bearded Patrick from Dee's season. I have found so many of the guys seriously unattractive looks wise its wierd (I include Graham,Matt Grant, Jeremy and Kip in this).

Then again, the british version of the show didnt have any hotties either so maybe Im just odd
    I like them both for differing reasons. I enjoy the Bachelorette to watch the interesting dynamics between the men. (I agree that I have found few of them super attractive)

I watch the Bachelor more to see the train wrecks among the women. It is so stereotypical. HaHa

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3764968;
    By nature, the guys are competitive. I have used the example before that if you want to see how competitive men are, just go to a football stadium and see men mow down children and old ladies in an attempt to catch those dollar miniature footballs the cheerleaders throw into the stands.
    The guys are competitive...they would LIKE to win for winning's sake, but they are not desperate.
    Nobody is ever going to convince me that a good-looking, well-educated guy with a good job and a good personality can't find lots of great women. It is still a man's world as far as that goes.

Now, this show reveals that regardless of what they look like, many of the women are desperate or almost desperate. The producers can manipulate the women to do much fruitier things than they can the men.
    Also the women are clingier to their chances to succeed in the process. Regardless of whether the Bachelor is a good match for them, many of them seem desperate to at least have a chance to try the relationship.
    We see the women much more broken hearted at getting cut than we do the men. They are just irked.
    If the women on the show are desperate that's because they pick them that way. You have to be a bit insane to apply for this show anyway since the "prize" at the end of your 6 week, uhmm, effort is a half-baked TV-made fake relationship with some stranger who you're probably not even attracted to. Why would any sane woman think this as a legit way of snagging a man is beyond me but I enjoy watching them pretend. Nobody will ever convince me that any of those chicks were really lusting after Lorenzo or Matt.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Both, for opposite reasons. I like the bachelorette because guys are so drama-free and just say what is on their mind. And I like the Bachelor because of the train wreck and some of the drama.

Bachelorette show, for sure. I get tired of the cattiness on the Bachelor show.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3765721;

That's so funny that someone else remembers Patrick! I liked him - maybe it was his little dance for Dee Plus Reid of course. None of the other guys have ever really 'done it' for me... I'm in New Zealand so perhaps American tastes are different??
    The Bachelorette is my favourite - the guys are more fun to watch and the Bachelorettes tend to be more thoughtful about the whole process I think.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftGrey;3768520;
    That's so funny that someone else remembers Patrick! I liked him - maybe it was his little dance for Dee Plus Reid of course. None of the other guys have ever really 'done it' for me... I'm in New Zealand so perhaps American tastes are different??
    The Bachelorette is my favourite - the guys are more fun to watch and the Bachelorettes tend to be more thoughtful about the whole process I think.
    Do you both mean Patrick C? He was the one with the scruff on his face. I found out after he was eliminated that he was a fraternity brother of my nephew. He's also changed careers and is doing modeling after recieving a finance degree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast