Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

If you have articles or interviews relating to Jake or the upcoming Season 14 of the Bachelor, please put them in this thread. To make future reference easier, no comments please!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Re: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

It's always nice to start out with support from your former fellow contestant!

Wes Hayden: The Bachelor Is "Full of S---"
    Wes Hayden wishes his former Bachelorette costar Jake Pavelka the best of luck in his quest to find love as the new Bachelor.

"I hope he finds somebody and gets married because that show is full of s--t," he told Usmagazine.com Tuesday at the Fox Reality Channel's Reality Awards in L.A. "One marriage in 18 seasons? I mean, come on!"

Hayden said it's "absolutely impossible to find love" on the ABC show.

"Call me old fashioned and say that my moral compass is off, but is it OK for one woman to make out with 30 guys and in eight weeks dwindle it down to someone she is going to spend the rest of her life with?" he said.

See where your favorite Bachelor stars are now

"Look, love is a decision. You decide to love somebody, and it doesn’t happen overnight and that's what they are trying to do," he added. "That's why there has never been a marriage except for Ryan and Trista, and I heard they were already a couple before the show started. That's what I heard from the past contestants when I was off the show."

Hayden, who was accused of having a girlfriend on last season's Bachelorette, said he was upset with the way he was portrayed on the show.

"I saw one episode, and it was the very first one, and I was so upset that I didn't watch any other episodes," he said. "I mean, look at me! I'm sleeved out with tattoos! I've got the spiky hair!"

He said he didn't even want to do the show in the first place.

"In all honesty, my 17-year-old sister signed me up for the show, and I did it for her basically," he said. "I fell into something bigger than me that I didn't know anything about. I'll tell you one thing, I have people looking at me for other TV shows, and I know exactly what to do and what not to do the second time around."

As for the future of Bachelorette Jillian Harris and Ed Swiderski?

"I love Jillian and I talk to her all the time on Facebook still," Hayden said. "If she gets married and has lots of babies and lives the American Dream, great. But honestly, I don't think that is going to happen."
    News – Wes Hayden: The Bachelor Is "Full of S---" – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

'Bachelor' Jake: Nice Guys Can Finish First | Extra

'Bachelor' Jake: Nice Guys Can Finish First

Posted on October 14, 2009
    The new Bachelor Jake Pavelka talks to Extra about love

Extra

He lost out on "The Bachelorette," but Jake Pavelka is again ready to look for love on TV. After being announced as the new "Bachelor," Jake sat down with "Extra" to talk about settling down, breaking hearts -- and his celebrity crush.

"I am absolutely ready to settle down," the commercial pilot says. Jake was dismissed by Jillian Harris on "The Bachelorette" and memorably announced, "Nice guys finish last." He's returning to reality TV to find the woman he hopes to marry. "I'm 31 and still single, so I'm doing something wrong out there."

The southern gentleman has had his heart broken in the past and knows it's possible people will get hurt on "The Bachelor" as well. "I've had my heart handed to me. It was my high school sweetheart," Jake recalls. "Boy, you never forget!"

Jake tells "Extra" he has a celebrity crush on former "American Idol" and country star Carrie Underwood and he's afraid of falling in love with more than one girl on "The Bachelor."

The 14th season of "The Bachelor" premieres this January on ABC. What do you think of Jake as "The Bachelor" -- vote now!

Fleiss has a fan that attended the filming of the M&G

October 16, 2009 | 9:21 am

Dream Come True by Ilana Angel

Those of you who read my blog daily know that I love Mike Fleiss and by love him of course I mean that I am obsessed with him in a way that could be deemed inappropriate if I were a crazy person. Mr. Fleiss is the creator of The Bachelor/Bachelorette series on ABC and for someone like me who writes about the search for love this show is pure gold.

I wrote about Mr. Fleiss in the hopes that my blog would somehow get to him and he would reach out to his number one fan and by fan of course I mean reality television crazy person and by crazy person of course I mean someone who has helped make him very rich by watching his shows and insisting everyone else watch them too.

After months of writing and hearing nothing I was starting to think that perhaps he was ignoring me. Well my darling readers it has happened. I was sitting at home last night when at 9:23 my phone rang and it was, at last, Mr. Mike Fleiss. It took about 15 seconds of me telling him to shut up and dropping a couple of F-Bombs before I was able to compose myself and profess my love.

Half an hour later I was sitting in the car he sent for me heading to the set of The Bachelor where they began shooting the new season last night. Not only did he call but he sent for me and I spent the next 6 hours hanging out with “Mike”. The only way to properly explain how it felt was to make the most obvious comparison. It was as if, depending on your age, I were meeting The Beatles, David Cassidy or the Jonas Brothers.

The women they have selected for this season are fascinating. They are all gorgeous and all need to eat a sandwich. If that’s the competition then all the rest of us should cover our furniture in plastic and get four cats. I picked out my two top choices, met three women who will become reality television train wrecks and saw some dresses that were so interesting I had to look away before I went blind.

When the last installment ended I was not really feeling Jake as the new bachelor. I was pulling for Reid the cute Jewish guy but after seeing Jake last night I know he is going to be great. He is charming and boyish and has a Tom Cruise vibe. I can never wrap my head around how pathetic the poor girls are who say they are in love after meeting the Bachelor for 5 minutes but the truth is it only took me 2 minutes to fall in love with Jake.

Chris Harrison is fabulous. I thought he would be jaded after so many years of hosting this show but he is a real romantic who is protective of the contestants and the process. He believes in love, believes in the show and sincerely cares about the people who come looking for love in such a public and unnatural way. You can bet I will be watching ABC every Monday night come January and my Tuesday blogs will be dedicated to The Bachelor.

It was nice to meet Ed and Jillian and see them so happy. Thank you to my dear friends Jeff and Michelle who are inspirations that love can be found if you believe and thanks to my darling Mike Fleiss for being so lovely. You are hilarious and a real mensch and I knew you would call eventually. It was only a matter of time before you realized that your time was better spent just giving in to our love instead of filing a restraining order. Love conquers all when you keep the faith.
    Dream Come True | Keeping the Faith | Jewish Journal
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 10-17-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Six Flags "Magic Mountain" date, Monday, October 19

Midnight fireworks startle residents
    Loud booms caused by tardy filming crew woke surrounding locals, officials say

By Jessica Selva
    Signal Staff Writer
    jselva@the-signal.com
    661-259-1234 x518
    Posted: Oct. 20, 2009 9:58 p.m.
    POSTED Oct. 21, 2009 4:55 a.m.

Loud booming noises scared many Santa Clarita Valley residents just after midnight Tuesday, after a television crew filming at Magic Mountain set off fireworks later than they were supposed to, officials said.

“It sounded like a war zone for like 10 minutes,” said Greg Jelin, 39, who added the fireworks woke him up during his first night of sleep after days of insomnia. “I was woken up by Baghdad in Stevenson Ranch.”

AND Syndicated Productions was filming and episode of “The Bachelor” when it set off fireworks in a Magic Mountain parking lot about 15 minutes past its pre-approved time, said Todd Lindgren, vice president of the nonprofit organization FilmL.A. that issued the permit.

The permit allowed the film crew to use fireworks from 10 p.m. Monday to just before midnight. But the fireworks began booming and crackling about 12:15 a.m. on Tuesday, he said.

The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station received several calls about the fireworks from residents who did not know where the noises were coming from, said Deputy Robert Wilkinson.

Jelin said he was most upset at the fact it was a surprise.

“I think some kind of community communication could have been in order so that people could just sleep with their windows closed or not be startled by it,” he said.

Lindgren said residents weren’t informed because of a misunderstanding that fireworks at that time of the night were a usual occurrence for the theme park.

“We don’t have a lot of experience coordinating fireworks at Magic Mountain,” Lindgren said.
    Lindgren said does not know why the fireworks were set off later than the time agreed upon, but administrators are working on resolving the issue.

The organization is in talks with representatives from Los Angeles County Fifth District Supervisor Michael Antonovich’s office about how to make sure something similar won’t happen again, he added.

“We don’t want residents adjacent to Magic Mountain to be caught unaware by future filmings,” Lindgren said. “We’ll work to make sure they’re given advance notice.”
    The Signal - Santa Clarita Valley News - Midnight fireworks startle residents

Oh, Jake is happy ... first time I ever notice him comfortable in an interview. Click the title to see the interview's video. Worth the watch.

Notable: Three women are single mothers.

The Bachelor's Jake: 'I’ve Met Mrs. Pavelka'

FIRST PUBLISHED: October 28, 2009 4:43 PM EDT
    LAST UPDATED: October 28, 2009 8:38 PM EDT
    By Laura Saltman

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
    With filming currently under way on the new season of ABC’s “The Bachelor,” pilot Jake Pavelka tells AccessHollywood.com correspondent, Laura “Dish of Salt” Saltman that he has met his future wife.

“She is in Los Angeles right now. I have met Mrs. Pavelka,” Jake revealed on a group date for the show.

To be fair the 31-year-old Texan says he has not officially chosen the woman he’ll marry yet, but that she is among the 25 hopefuls currently vying for his love.

“I don’t know who the one is yet but she is one of the girls that is here with me on the show,” Jake admitted.

Among the women competing, whom Jake calls, “The prettiest cast I have ever seen on the show,” are three single mothers.

“What I’m looking for in a woman that has kids is what kind of mother she is.” Jake revealed he once dated a woman with kids, “I found her to be such a great mother, I actually found it attractive.”

With a few weeks of filming under his belt, Jake believes he has been making the right choices so far when it comes to elimination. He says he isn’t fearful of making a mistake and choosing the wrong woman like last season’s “The Bachelor” contestant, Jason Mesnick, did when he proposed to Melissa Rycroft and then dumped her on the “After The Final Rose” special in favor of his second choice, Molly Malaney.

“It doesn’t scare me. I am going to let my heart lead,” he says. ‘I think Jason Mesnick in the end wound up with the right decision. I understand they are engaged. I bumped into Molly a couple of weeks ago in the airport and she is just giddy over that guy. So he is walking on a good path.”

Back to Mrs. Pavelka. So, what type of woman will win Jake’s heart?

“I’m looking for the woman who absolutely has a heart of gold. We’re all gonna be ugly in the end. Looks are only skin deep.”

Commercial pilot Jake Pavelka will get his chance to woo 25 women when The Bachelor: On The Wings of Love premieres Jan. 4 at 8/7c, ABC announced.

Pavelka, 31, was chosen over fellow finalists Kiptyn Locke and Reid Rosenthal to be the next Bachelor. A And the new Bachelor is: Jake Pavelka showed that 64 percent of more than 2,500 voters agreed with ABC's decision.

And the new Bachelor is: Jake Pavelka

After being rejected by Jillian Harris on last season's The Bachelorette, Pavelka is ready to prove that nice guys don't always finish last and that, yes, it's possible to find love on a reality show.

The new season will be the first broadcast in high-definition television.

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

'The Bachelor''s Jake Pavelka Gets an Airdate'

Jake Pavelka was announced as the new "Bachelor" on an episode of "Dancing with the Stars." Now ET can confirm the start date for the new season of "The Bachelor."

The 31-year-old commercial pilot will get a second chance at love when the hit romance reality series premieres Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Jake will meet the 25 bachelorettes who hope to win his heart when "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love" is broadcast in high definition for the first time.

The new bachelor knows himself well enough to know that he's not made to live alone. He just needs to find the right woman -- his best friend and soulmate. Searching for a woman who is intelligent, confident, energetic and spontaneous, he admits that he can't wait for fatherhood.

Fans of the series fell in love with Jake on his solo date with Jillian Harris to see Martina McBride, and ever since, millions of women have had their 'Top Gun' fantasies about him. A favorite for his reputation as an honest guy with an open heart -- not to mention his good looks -- viewers were stunned when Jillian rejected Jake right before the hometown dates on last season's "The Bachelorette." But women were drawn to him even more when Jake returned of his own accord in the next episode to protect Jillian from men who were not there for the right reasons. Jake -- who already knew Jillian would not take him back -- freely shared and showed his emotions.

Now it's Jake turn. Tune in on January 4 to meet the women hoping to land this pilot as their own.
    'The Bachelor''s Jake Pavelka Gets An Airdate

FORT Fogey

Credit: ABC
    Bachelor Jake Won't "Deal" With Contestants Having Beaus Back Home
    Wednesday – October 14, 2009 – 9:40am

Dallas pilot Jake Pavelka, who was rejected last season by Bachelorette Jillian Harris, tells Usmagazine.com he is "honored" to be given a second chance at love as the new Bachelor star.

"It's such a unique opportunity," Pavelka, 31, told Us after the Dancing With the Stars taping in Los Angeles Tuesday. "I still cannot believe this is happening. How did I get here?"

On The Bachelorette last season, Pavelka famously accused contestant Wes of having a girlfriend back home while pursuing Harris. So will he be asking any of the upcoming contestants if they have boyfriends back home?

"I hope that's something we don't deal with this season," he said. "I'm going to give everybody a clean slate going in, and I think over time [contestants] will weed themselves out. I'm hopeful."

He also said he won't come on too strong - a mistake he made on The Bachelorette.

"It was good I got to watch an actual first date on TV," he told Us. "I was like, 'Oh! Tone it down a bit!' That's what I took away from The Bachelorette. I was just so excited. I wanted her to like me because she's so gorgeous and such a great person. And I tried just a little too hard."

He told Us he doesn't plan on consulting any past Bachelor stars for tips.

"I've seen a lot of other seasons, but I'm not planning on that," he said. "I want to go in fresh. I know that they are making a show that ultimately doesn't have anything to do with my goals. I want to meet these girls, and I want to fall in love and let them down as gently as possible at the end."

So who's his dream girl?

"I'm going to look deep into the heart for character," he told Us. "The four most important things to me are similar qualities -- someone who is romantic, passionate, compassionate and protective ... and will laugh at my jokes!"

The new season of The Bachelor is slated to premiere in early 2010 on ABC.

News – Bachelor Jake Won't "Deal" With Contestants Having Beaus Back Home – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

FORT Fogey

At one point I think that some were speculating that Jesse and Jake were brothers.

'The Bachelor' Star Jake Pavelka and 'Diet Tribe' Star Jessie Pavelka are Cousins

'The Bachelor' Star Jake Pavelka and 'Diet Tribe' Star Jessie Pavelka are Cousins
    Thursday, October 29, 2009

This isn't exactly breaking news but we've stumbled upon an interesting fact about Jake Pavelka, a former contestant on The Bachelorette season 5 who now stars as the new love searcher on The Bachelor 14. Most of us already know that this commercial pilot from Dallas, Texas used to be an actor earlier in life known as Jake Landrum, but evidently, being in show business is something that runs in the family.

According to ETonline.com, Jake Pavelka and Diet Tribe's hunky trainer Jessie Pavelka are cousins. Unfortunately, they've never met before.

"My dad explained it to me," Jessie told ET, but also admits he doesn't quite remember how the family tree grows. "My dad met his dad, but I never knew him growing up. I went to college in the same town where he grew up, but I have never spoken to him."

Still, Jessie, who has also appeared on the TV series Friday Night Lights, thinks that Jake is going to be a great Bachelor.

"Hopefully, he does a good job and finds love," said Jessie, who just tied the knot recently on September 18 to Canadian actress Sitara Hewitt, who stars on the CBC TV series Little Mosque on the Prairie.

While Jessie continues to land various acting gigs (he'll next be seen in the Lifetime TV movie 12 Men of Christmas starring Kristin Chenoweth), he's still focused on his work on Diet Tribe, now in its second season.

"It just worked out that Diet Tribe came along and I was able to use that and put the fitness thing on a pedestal, where I could help more than just the people I was training," he said of the show in which he takes five ladies on a weight-loss journey over a four-month period.

"Each one of them has a story and all of them have a struggle in life," he explained. "We give them all these tools. You know when you figure something out about yourself, it just hits you. We get to see that happen. The most rewarding part of my job is when they realize: I am a totally different person than I used to be."

Fans can catch Jessie on Diet Tribe every Friday at 8pm on Lifetime, and Jake on the new season of The Bachelor in January 2010.

Sorry the picture is so small-- don't know how to enlarge!
    jake-jessie[1].jpg

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast