Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

Re: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

Chase County native to compete for love on upcoming season of ‘The Bachelor’

Local fans of reality TV, as well as many other curious viewers, will be able to follow a familiar face during the 14th season of the hit television show “The Bachelor.”
    Elizabeth Kitt, known by southwest Nebraskans as Beth, recently competed against 24 other women for the affection of Jake Pavelka, a 31-year-old pilot from Dallas.
    Pavelka himself is no stranger to reality television, having competed for Jillian Harris’ heart on “The Bachelorette” last season. He was eliminated before the hometown dates episode of the show, much to the dismay of his many female followers.
    Recently, as ABC kicked off their promotion of the upcoming show set to begin on Monday, Jan. 4, Kitt was one of the main focuses of the ad campaign for the new season.
    In the promotional video, which is available online at ABC.com - The Bachelor - Home, Kitt is interviewed saying she needs to put her best foot forward to get his attention. She steals him away from the rest of her competitors for a quick game of catch with a football she took with her to the set.
    They are soon joined by the 24 other contestants for a friendly game of blondes versus brunettes.
    Publicists for Warner Bros. Television in Los Angeles, Calif., said interviews with the contestants are not allowed until after they are eliminated from the show. Once elimated or the season wraps, whichever comes first, Kitt has agreed to an in-depth interview with her hometown newspapers in Imperial and Wauneta.
    Kitt, 31, is a 1998 graduate of Chase County High School, and attended school until her sophomore year at Wauneta-Palisade. Now a nanny in L.A., she is the daughter of Kirby and Mary Kitt of Wauneta and Polly Rothwell of Minden. Kitt’s sister, Kristi McNair, lives in Imperial with her family, and brother, Kallan, lives in Grand Island with wife, Lindee.
    “The Bachelor” kicks off on Monday, Jan. 4, at 6 p.m. MT/7 p.m. CT on ABC.
    Chase County native to compete for love on upcoming season of ‘The Bachelor’

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3778354;
    There is an article about Jake on etonline. I don't know how to post it here. The name of the article is, "The Bachelor's Jake Pavelka Declares: I Do Not Have a Girlfriend!"
    Here it is!

'The Bachelor''s Jake Pavelka Declares: I Do Not Have a Girlfriend!

After all the controversy on last season's "The Bachelorette" with accusations being hurled that at least one of the guys had a girlfriend, ET had to ask the new "Bachelor" before the season started: Do you have a girlfriend?

"I do not have a girlfriend," declares Jake Pavelka, a 31-year-old commercial pilot from Denton, Texas. "After last season [on 'The Bachelorette,'] I really believe in the process. It does work. The emotions you feel are real. So I think I'm going to come out with a fiancée."

ET was exclusively with the new "Bachelor" for an afternoon at the beach. It was before the season started filming, so it was before Jake met any of the 25 gorgeous gals who are hoping to win his heart.

"The right girl for me -- it is not how she looks," he says. "She doesn't have to be the most attractive girl out there. She will be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. [I am looking for someone with] values and character. Someone that's passionate and compassionate, romantic and protective."

Jake says he has had a few dates since his journey on "The Bachelorette" came to an end, but he reiterates that there is no one special in his life right now, so that won't be an issue as he weeds through the lovely ladies. But he is nonetheless concerned about bruising some hearts.

"The rose ceremonies are going to kill me," Jake admits. "I don't like hurting people, but it is the name of the game. There are some girls who are going to be left heartbroken and hurt."

"The Bachelor" premieres Monday, January 4 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

Posted December 28, 2009 2:55:00 AM

'The Bachelor''s Jake Pavelka Declares: I Do Not Have A Girlfriend!

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Jake will be on Regis and Kelly on January 4th.

Top 50 Talk Show Guests on TV (Dec. 31-Jan. 6, 2010) | Television Blog
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Interview (and video) with Chris Harris on Entertainment Weekly website.

Chris Harrison talks 'The Bachelor' as self-help
    by Jennifer Armstrong
    Categories: Chris Harrison, EW.com Video, Television, The Bachelor

We recently chatted with our favorite romance-reality-show host (and EW.com blogger!), Chris Harrison — a lot — about the upcoming 14th season of The Bachelor. And what we took away from it is this: Dude has seen a lot of people act really dumb in the pursuit of love/camera time. “It’s an amazing study in human behavior,” he says. “I think I’m exponentially better qualified than Dr. Phil will ever be. And I’m about half as full of s— as he is. I could easily host a relationship show.” We could easily watch that. And apparently he’d experience no shortage of willing guests, either: “Because people have seen me on this show, they tell me things,” he says. “The things I know about people’s husbands is stunning. I’ll be at a bar, and they just open up to me. I know what people’s husbands like in sex, I know the size of their husband’s whatever…. They just tell me anything and anything. It’s like there’s a couch following me around and they just lay down on it.”

In the video below, Harrison also talks about how being a Bachelor makes one a better person and the level of crazy on the upcoming season of The Bachelor.
    Chris Harrison talks 'The Bachelor' as self-help | EW.com
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

'The Bachelor' takes flight

The commercials do exactly what they should – stop you in your tracks. These linger on a shirtless Jake Pavelka, a lovely sight. During ABC's Sunday night programs, appealing predominantly to women, the network promotes the sexy pilot from "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love" beginning Monday, Jan. 4.

Fans of this reality franchise, where the lovelorn search for The One, already know the ballroom-dancing Texan. Pavelka, 31, was on the most recent edition of "The Bachelorette" when Jillian Harris stunned the audience by not picking him. Harris and her fiance, Ed Swiderski, return on "The Bachelor" to advise Pavelka and make an announcement.

During a long interview with Zap2it, Pavelka talks about his feelings about love, though he's careful to not reveal what happens on the show.

Q: Why does a handsome, educated man with a good job need to be fixed up?

A: What better way to date? It's like when one of your friends says, 'I know this girl, and I have been thinking about you.' It's the same principle.

Q: What's the ideal date?

A: At what point in a relationship? I don't want to blow somebody away too early. If I had just met somebody in a Starbucks, maybe a picnic, something a little more heartfelt. If a relationship is going for six months, something really strong. Maybe send a limousine to pick her up on a Friday. A scavenger hunt, leave a rose at every stop, make it progressive and have it stop at the airport and have a dinner in another city. It's one of the fringe benefits of being a pilot.

Q: Why did you choose to make your romantic life public?

A: I didn't look at it as making my romantic life public. I just looked at this as such a unique opportunity to find love. I have been in love twice in my life. All of the women I have dated have been wonderful people who helped me grow and be who I am. I thought all of this would be such a great, unique way to find somebody.

Q: What happened on the worst date you've ever been on?

A: The worst date I have ever been on, the topic of discussion was IBS, irritable bowel syndrome. I come from a family full of doctors; that's fine, but if it keeps coming up over and over and over. It happened many years ago, and I was set up. Bless her heart.

Q: With what would you serenade a woman?

A: First, if I was going to sing to a woman, I would probably have to be in a shower. If I could sing like Michael Buble, I would probably do something crazy like 'Quando, Quando, Quando.' It's a good rumba song.

Q: What's an automatic deal breaker regarding women?

A: I don't know if something happened during my childhood, but I can't do rude people. It's a big turnoff for me.
    'The Bachelor' takes flight - Zap2it

Article about contestant having an affair with crew member. FORT is mentioned as having sussed this out!

'Bachelor' Scandal: Contestant Cheats on Jake With Crew Member - Inside TV
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

New Bachelor Pilot Jake: "I Will Be" in the Mile High Club

He may have been rejected by Bachelorette Jillian Harris, but Jake Pavelka is ready to soar on his new quest for love. Premiering Jan. 4 at 9/8c on ABC, The Bachelor: On The Wings Of Love will feature the commercial pilot as he narrows down his search from 25 women to one final lady. TVGuide.com spoke with the 31-year-old about the show's famous hot tub, how he responds to being labeled perfect, and why he has no regrets from either season.

TVGuide.com: What did you bring from your experience on The Bachelorette to The Bachelor?
    Jake Pavelka: When you're on The Bachelorette, you have a lot of time to think, analyze and go over different conversations you've had. You don't have a cell phone, your parents to talk to, your friends, and everything just slows everything down to a good pace. You start becoming really aware of how what you say affects people and it makes you a lot better at dating and in relationships.

TVGuide.com: Given the show's not-so-stellar record, are you a bit skeptical of the process?
    Pavelka: Well, you can have everything in common with somebody, the same goals, same values, same temperament, same dreams, and there's just not that indescribable magic spark that makes a relationship pop. So I didn't go in pushing. I knew everybody would be unbelievable, and they were, but I was waiting to see where that spark was going to be. The show does have a bit of a rough history, people breaking up or changing their minds, and that's OK. I tried to be very honest no matter how painful it was and I just remained really open-minded.

TVGuide.com: What is something that viewers would be surprised to know about you?
    Pavelka: When I was younger, I did a little bit of acting. I played young Chuck Norris on a television show thinking I wanted to be a professional actor. Coincidentally, I'm terrible at it. It's too boring for me, I like a real high-paced environment, so I gave it up and fly airplanes for a living and love it.

TVGuide.com: Did you ever imagine you'd be back on TV?
    Pavelka: No. When I closed the door on trying to be an actor, I thought I was done with TV. But it does not feel like we filmed a show. You get so used to cameras being around it's almost like living a normal life and dating 25 amazing women. I kind of forgot all this was going to air. It's going to be really weird reliving it January 4 and going, "Oh my gosh, there really were cameras there."

TVGuide.com: So then it's safe to assume you were in the moment, whether that involved hot tubs or not?
    Pavelka: My answer to that is I'm going to go on there to be myself. In regards to the hot tub stuff, if I were to go in and meet a girl in Starbucks, date her, start getting really close and then jump into a hot tub with her with a swimsuit on, why not do that? That's the problem that everybody tacks onto the show, "This isn't real life." It really is. So if you go on there trying to be something you're not, "Well I would get in a hot tub in real life, but I'm not going to do it here because it's on TV," it's almost a little hypocritical. You're not being yourself and not allowing these women to get to know who you really are.

I stressed to the producers that that's exactly what needs to happen this season: everybody being themselves. A lot of the dates and different activities we got to do on the show were geared around what I would do in my normal life — what dates scream Jake.

TVGuide.com: Last season, some of your fellow contestants thought you were too perfect. How do you respond to that?
    Pavelka: Is it perfect or too perfect? [Laughs] Well, being perfect, I think, what a compliment, golly! I don't know what it is that makes people or made the guys on the show and Jillian say that I was too perfect. Something that I see in the dating world these days is a little bit of a lack of chivalry and it's gotten so bad that women almost don't expect it anymore. In my opinion, it doesn't have anything to do with being independent or as strong as men. I just think it's something that an attractive, intelligent woman should expect from a man. Just a little bit of chivalry.

TVGuide.com: Do you have dating rules you to like to follow?
    Pavelka: After an unbelievable date, if I want to call her the next morning, I'm just going to call. If that turns her off, "he's smothering me, it's too much too quick," then that's OK; we're probably on two different pages and better now than later. When I like someone, I want them to know. Dating does not have to be that complicated. The one thing that is a little bit different on the show is it's an accelerated process. If you're truly interested, you got to lay your heart out there and do it quick and that's something I'm really good at.

TVGuide.com: Well, since you're a pilot, I have to ask: Have you joined the mile-high club?
    Pavelka: [Laughs] I am not a member of the mile-high club, but I'll leave you with this: I aspire to be, no I don't aspire to be, I will be.
    New Bachelor Pilot Jake: "I Will Be" in the Mile High Club
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

Nebraska woman is ‘Bachelor’ contestant
    By Kevin Coffey
    WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

A Nebraska woman is taking to national TV to look for love.

Elizabeth Kitt of Imperial, Neb., is one of 25 women competing for the heart of “The Bachelor,” Jake Pavelka. Pavelka, a pilot, was a contestant on a previous season of “The Bachelorette.”

A “sneak peek” clip at abc.com/bachelor shows Kitt talking about meeting Pavelka.

“There’s so much competition tonight. There’s some aggressive girls in the bunch, and I know that I can’t just sit in the back and be a wallflower, so I’m going to put my best foot forward and make an impression on him,” Kitt said.

The clip then shows Kitt taking Pavelka outside to play catch with a football. After hearing about the game of catch, the rest of the cast comes outside and the women play a football game of blondes vs. brunettes.

Kitt, 29, who goes by Beth, works as a nanny in Los Angeles, according to the show’s site.

A two-hour premiere episode airs at 7 p.m. Monday.

Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Entertainment - Nebraska woman is ‘Bachelor’ contestant

Chris Harrison was just on one of our local Austin radio stations talking about the premier tonight. He said it is a very very good season, of course. Some things of interest he said:
    He invited Jake over to watch the first episode of the bachelor over the holidays at his home in Dallas. He told Jake he throws a football like a girl so he is not perfect. The girls take their cue from Jake and he is a spiritual quiet guy so there is not as much drinking this time around but still lots of drama just like every season. The first meet and greet is filmed all night and if you watch when the girls are doing exit interviews at the end you will see the sun is coming up. Enjoy tonight!!!!!!

I saw Jake on GMA and Regis & Kelly this morning. On GMA, he was asked if he found love and he responded by saying that it wasn't required that he choose anyone and we would just have to wait and see. On Regis, they talked about him telling Jillian about Wes and they talked about him kissing the girls, the fantasy dates and how difficult it was to send girls home, etc.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast