Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

Re: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

PimpMaster Harrison praises Captain America in TV Guide. Kleenex sales reported dropping. PimpMaster in potential trouble for the "admitted that Jake is doing better than he thought he would" comment.

New Bachelor Jake Pavelka Toughens Up
    by Debbie Emery November 09, 2009 03:17 PM EST

While we all saw pilot Jake Pavelka, 31, crying like a baby in the last season of The Bachelorette after revealing Wes Hayden’s secret girlfriend to suitor Jillian Harris, the new star of The Bachelor: On The Wings of Love has toughened up now that he’s the main man.

“He’s doing brilliantly, we’re in the middle of production right now and he’s doing really well,” host Chris Harrison told TV Guide Magazine at the Breeders’ Cup Winners Circle in Santa Anita, CA on November 7th, and admitted that Jake is doing better than he thought he would. “He’s impressed me. He’s very well-grounded, he seems to have his eye on the ball and is very serious about why he’s here. So far he’s not cried with any railings.”

Luckily for Jake, he has a great group of girls to choose from too! “I hate to slight the other girls, but it’s one of the best groups of women we’ve ever had,” revealed Harrison. “They’re obviously very beautiful - one of the best looking groups - but they are also very professional and smart. They seem very well-grounded. They’re not emotional or crazy, they seem very serious about why they are there.”

With such a great combination of personalities, expect the see sparks fly when the 14th season premieres in January 2010. “It gets good, and it gets good early! Trust me,” says Harrison. “It’s going to be the most dramatic season ever!”

TV Guide Magazine | News | New Bachelor Jake Pavelka Toughens Up
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

ABC Sets January Air Date For "The Bachelor"
    Written by Jared Owen Sunday, 15 November 2009

Jake Pavelka is the latest single to begin a quest for love on ABC's hit reality series "The Bachelor". According to reports, the show is set to return this January. The network announced the former "Bachelorette" contestant would be the star of the ABC reality franchise's 14th installment, but the network is only now revealing that "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love" will premiere with a two-hour episode from 8 to 10 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 4. We've also heard that the subtitled "On the Wings of Love" came from Jake being a pilot. "The Bachelor" will be hosted by Chris Harrison and executive produced by Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton.

FORT Fogey

No real new information but the video is good.

Extra Video Gallery

FORT Fogey

October 26, 2009 Vol. 72 No. 17 The New Bachelor Jake Pavelka Second Chance at Love By MONICA RIZZO From PEOPLE Magazine

Rejected by Jillian Harris Last Season on the Bachelorette, the Dallas Pilot Returns to Find True Love—and This Time He's Calling the Shots

It's been six months since Jillian Harris cut him loose on The Bachelorette, but the memory is still vivid for Jake Pavelka. "I will never forget what it felt like. It hurt," says Jake, the Dallas-based pilot who went out on a limb by warning Harris that one of her other suitors on the ABC reality show, swaggering Wes Hayden, had a steady girlfriend at home (both Wes and the woman deny they were a couple at the time). Jillian may have appreciated the gesture, but she ultimately selected software consultant Ed Swiderski as her chosen man on the season finale last May. "There will always be a special place in my heart for Jillian," says Jake, who has bounced back enough to declare, "I'm ready to be in love again. What a feeling that is!"

Though The Bachelor has a poor track record of successful pairings, Seattle single dad Jason Mesnick found love with retail buyer Molly Malaney last January (after a few twists and turns), and Jillian and Ed, who moved in together last month, are still going strong. That, Jake says, is ultimately why he signed on to be ABC's next Bachelor. "I actually believe in the process," says Jake, 31. The new season, which begins filming later this month and will air in early 2010, has made him hopeful about finding The One among 25 eligible women. His only trepidation is letting go of the unlucky ladies during the show's always-dramatic rose ceremonies. "I fall pretty hard, and I think that when the numbers start to dwindle and there's only a few girls left, I'm expecting to be a wreck. I don't like to hurt people," says Jake, who notably shed a tear or two during his time on The Bachelorette, a trait for which he makes no apologies: "To me, if you're dating a guy and you've never seen him cry, that's a major red flag."

"Jake has a huge heart and he's very sensitive," says Jillian, who calls Jake "a catch. He's a guy that will never cheat and is always honest and close with his family. He isn't afraid to show his emotions."

Jake says he and his brothers Jason, 38, and Matthew, 30, were never raised with a "macho man code." As a teenager, he says, he was half the man he is today. "I was a nerd. A geek. I was short, skinny. I had braces—twice," he says. He filled out, playing football at Billy Ryan High School in Denton, Texas, and discovered his passion for flying. "He began lessons when he was 12, and he mowed lawns to earn the money for them," says his mom, nurse Sallie Pavelka. "By the time he was 16, he had enough hours to fly solo."

Jake also tried his hand at acting for a few years. Using the stage name Jake Landrum, he booked local commercials and landed a gig on the TV series Walker, Texas Ranger, playing a young version of Chuck Norris's character in flashbacks.

A pilot for Atlantic Southeast Airlines since 2000, Jake says finding love is the "missing piece" in his life. His most recent long-term relationship—which lasted five years—ended in November 2007. Given recent tabloid headlines involving the Bachelor franchise (Jason Mesnick switched women after filming; Ed Swiderski was accused of infidelity), Jake promises his reign should be scandal-free. "I'm friends with all of my ex-girlfriends," he says, noting that he can't think of any skeletons in his closet. As for the show's infamous hot-tub scenes, Jake says, "If it doesn't feel right, it isn't going to happen. I have to be true to myself. I'm not here to make a TV show. I'm here to fall in love."
    Attached Images Attached Images

First Commercial for Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka Aired on DWTS Monday night finale November 23rd/09

YouTube - B14 1st commercial.mpg

The Rose Air commercial ran again tonight on Eastwick. I just realized that I can go back with my DVR remote about 30 minutes and the commercial starts at 9:44 PM CST on Eastwick. Same commercial as Tues on DWTS and same female voice doing the VO but the goof has been corrected! They changed his last name back to Pavelka from Palveka.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Home News-Telegram News Lights of Life Gala snags ABC’s next heartthrob ‘Bachelor,’ Jake Pavelka, for auction
    Lights of Life Gala snags ABC’s next heartthrob ‘Bachelor,’ Jake Pavelka, for auction
    Wednesday, 04 November 2009 17:20 Bruce Alsobrook .User Rating: / 0
    PoorBest
    Jake Pavelka will be the next “Bachelor” when the hit ABC reality show returns to the air in January, but some lucky lady in Hopkins County will have had a chance to win his heart by then.

Jake Pavelka will be ABC’s next “Bachelor” when the hit show returns in January.
    Pavelka, who also appeared on last summer’s “The Bachelorette,” will be the big ticket item in January during the silent auction at the Seventh Annual Lights of Life Gala, sponsored by the Hopkins County Health Care Foundation to support and improve health care in the area.

Health Care Foundation Director Jackie Thornton made the “BIG Announcement” during a meeting today of the Lights of Life Committee at the Memorial Medical Plaza building.

“What we will be offering at our Gala is ‘A Date with Jake, The Bachelor’” Thornton announced to more than a few whoops. She said Aaron Evans and Eddie Deen, who oversee the catering at the gala, were able to get the agreement confirmed.

“We think that this will take our live auction up a notch, because the game plan is that we might be able to take some outside bidding before we ever get to the gala,” Thornton said.

Craig Roberts, who is co-chairman of this year’s Lights of Life campaign with his wife, Jennifer, said they are already working on the logistics of bidding before the gala.

“We’re working on it so that you’re going to be able to bid on it even if you don’t go to the gala,” he said.

Thornton reminded the committee members that the date with Pavelka doesn’t have to be limited to a young, single girl.

“This can be a fun girls’ night out. It doesn’t have to be a single person — the limo holds 10 people, hello!” Thornton said to laughter. “It could be a ladies group, or who’s to say a husband wouldn’t buy it for a special birthday for his wife?”

Pavelka, 31, a commercial jet pilot from the Dallas area (hence the upcoming “Bachelor” subtitle, “On the Wings of Love”), was the sixth-place finisher on “The Bachelorette” last summer. He was ousted in the sixth episode, but won the hearts of many viewers when he made a return trip to the show and warned bachelorette Jillian Harris that another contestant was keeping a girlfriend a secret and was really only on the show to kick start a music career. Many found his actions heroic, cementing his place as a contender for the next resident hunk on “The Bachelor.” ABC announced his selection in October on an episode of “Dancing with the Stars.”

Here's how the ABC press release put it:

"Ever since Jake, 31, shared a magical one-on-one date with Bachelorette Jillian Harris to see Martina McBride, millions of women have had their 'Top Gun' fantasies about him. A fan favorite for his reputation as an honest guy with an open heart — not to mention his good looks — viewers were stunned when Jillian rejected Jake right before the hometown dates on last season's ‘The Bachelorette.’

“But women were drawn to him even more when Jake returned of his own accord in the next episode to protect Jillian from men who were not there for the right reasons. Jake — who already knew Jillian would not take him back — freely shared and showed his emotions, and that's when the requests for Jake to be the next Bachelor started to pour in.”

Thornton said Lights of Life Gala organizers are ecstatic.

“We think offering a ‘Date with Jake’ as one of our live auction items will create some competitive and exciting bidding among our guests,” she said.

Because the new season of “Bachelor” kicks off in mid-January, Pavelka hasn’t been able to confirm is he will attend the gala.

“However he was excited to make a donation to the gala when approached,” she added. “He’s really cute, he’s really a nice guy — he’s not one of these sleazy types,” Thornton said. “He’s a very nice young man.”

Friday, November 27, 2009 – The cast and crew of the Reality TV Show the Bachelor, have donated over fifteen thousand dollars in equipment and educational supplies to the Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School.

The educational tools which were handed over to the school on Tuesday, includes a new laptop, printer and photocopying machine.

Principal of the Soufriere Comprehensive Secondary School, Dominique Prospere says, the supplies will be put into good use.

He says the educational supplies will be of tremendous benefit to the students—most of whom come from underprivileged families.

“Getting certain services like photocopying and getting research material from the internet, can be somewhat challenging at time. Now that we have those services readily available to our students, they will be more interested in going on the internet and getting research done, because they know that they can now come in here and get it done.”

The cast and crew of the Bachelor which airs on ABC. have been in Saint Lucia particularly in the Soufriere area for the past two weeks, shooting episodes for the reality TV show .

Host Chris Harrison says his crew decided to make the donation to the school because they wanted to give something back to the society which has accommodated them like family.

“I have had the opportunity to travel around the world with this show but the people who I have met here, is what makes Saint Lucia special and this is one of the main reasons we wanted to leave our mark. We do go many places and although when we are in a country, we infuse a lot into the local economy our goal is to leave something behind that means something to the people. What we are doing here, is a little part of that, because the children need computers and school supplies so if we can leave a small token of appreciation for Saint Lucia, I think we have done that with these gifts.”

The cast and crew of the Bachelor also spoke to the students on the importance of staying in school and getting a good education.

They also discussed various career opportunities and what it takes to become successful.

Cast of reality TV show says Saint Lucians hospitality second to none

FORT Fogey

Thanks to Capegal for originally bringing this over for us. I brought it to this thread so that it won't get lost in the shuffle of posts and will be either to find for referencing.

I hope this is alright to post - from ABC MEDIANET...........

Wednesday, December 09, 2009
    ABC Television Network
    PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
    THE BACHELOR TELECONFERENCE CALL (12/16)
    Print This Document
    note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download

"THE BACHELOR: ON THE WINGS OF LOVE" PRESS CALL, FEATURING JAKE PAVELKA

14TH Edition of ABC's Popular Romance Reality Series Premieres
    Monday, January 4

WHO: Jake Pavelka, 31, is out to prove that nice guys don't always finish last in love. The handsome commercial pilot from Dallas-and America's most hopeful romantic-begins his own bid for true love, choosing from among 25 bachelorettes on ABC's "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love."

Jake's fairytale-like experience falling for Jillian Harris on "The Bachelorette" made him confident that he can find the love of his life on "The Bachelor." Now it's his time. Jake knows himself well enough to know that he's not made to live alone. He just needs to find the right woman -- his best friend and soul mate - and that's whom he'll marry. Searching for a woman who is intelligent, confident, energetic and spontaneous, he admits that he can't wait for fatherhood.

WHAT: An opportunity to interview Jake Pavelka in support of "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love," premiering MONDAY, JANUARY 4 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

WHEN: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16, 12:30 p.m., ET/ 11:30 p.m., CT/9:30 a.m., PT

CALL INFO: IT IS NECESSARY TO RSVP TO RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND CONFERENCE CODE!

Title: ABC Conference Call: "The Bachelor"
    Please plan to dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO
    ABC Media Relations: Lisa Scalzo, Lisa.R.Scalzo@abc.com , 212.456.7109

More information about "The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love"

In this season's premiere, "Episode 1401," Jake returns to the Malibu mansion where he first met Jillian. Tonight his life will start to change forever as 25 gorgeous bachelorettes have traveled across the U.S. to meet him -- and they will do anything to become his wife and share a life with him. The party takes off quickly as the women swoon when Jake makes the rounds and greets each bachelorette. One charming woman confesses her fear of flying, and an alluring teacher causes a stir when she dons a revealing flight attendant's uniform and steals Jake away from an unsuspecting single mom. After an athletic hottie grabs Jake to play touch football, it's blondes vs. brunettes in the first sexy, barefoot-in-eveningwear football scrimmage in "Bachelor" history! The competition intensifies when Chris Harrison introduces the "first impression" rose, and announces a twist: the ladies not only must impress Jake, but also last's season's happy couple - Jillian and Ed. The former Bachelorette and her fiancŽ join Jake to help him with his tough decision, and they will also share a special announcement with him. Finally, Jake must eliminate ten of the 25 women the first night, leaving 15 to compete for his affections, and in the end, his heart.

Romantic and adventurous dates will reach new heights this season, testing the ladies' perseverance in pursuing their romantic objective, along with fun, exciting and exotic dates that will elicit real and raw passions. Jake invites six bachelorettes on a glamorous photo shoot for InStyle Magazine's February issue. He whisks away one lucky woman, piloting her in a private plane to a glamorous Palm Springs getaway and a private concert by the rock superstar group Chicago. Exciting exploits await Jake and the women at Six Flags Magic Mountain, where they have the amusement park all to themselves. On one heart-pounding date, Jake and one bachelorette bungee jump off the infamous Bridge to Nowhere in the San Gabriel Mountains. Laughs abound when Jake takes eight women to the famous Jon Lovitz Comedy Club, but who will get the last laugh when the ladies find out they are the ones performing? A surprise road trip up California's panoramic coast makes for close quarters for the bachelorettes and some of most romantic dates ever, including an intimate date for Jake and two women at the Castillo di Amorosa in Napa Valley and a dream visit to San Francisco, culminating in a romantic dinner for two at the top of Coit Tower. The three final women are treated to a breathtaking trip to the magical island paradise of St. Lucia for sexy overnight dates, as well as the thrilling finale. But Jake is in for a wild ride as he faces one bombshell after another on this journey of a lifetime. Secrets are revealed, emotions run deep and one bachelorette crosses a line that should never be crossed, with devastating results. Will Jake finally find the special woman who is right for him or will this nice guy's dream of love end in heartbreak?

ABC Media Relations Contact:
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Bachelor Jake Pavelka: “I Believe In This Process”

Bachelor Jake Pavelka: “I Believe In This Process”

Last season, Jake Pavelka was one of our favorite guys on The Bachelorette. Everything about him made us smile - from his great abs to his pilot uniform to his attempt at rescuing Jillian Harris from certain doom with Wes. Keep reading to find out what kind of girl Jake is on the prowl for this season…

So what exactly is Jake looking for? “I’m not after the most attractive girl in the world, but she’ll be the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen,” Jake told ET. “Someone that’s romantic and compassionate.”

Even though it didn’t work out between he and Jillian Harris, Jake has a lot of high hopes for this season. “I really do believe in the process…so I think I’m gonna come out with a fiancée,” he added.

Jake’s parents, Jim and Sallie, told PEOPLE that Jake needs an adventurous woman. “He likes a girl that is spontaneous,” Sallie said. “The way he put it to me, he would like a girl that can work in the yard and then put on a pretty dress and go out to dinner.” His dad Jim added, “He likes scuba diving and snow skiing.”

As for Jake’s take on the adventure thing, he added, “I fly on the weekends, play golf, go to a movie, but I’m not a couch potato. That’s the one thing I have to make these girls understand — I have a lot of energy. I love salsa dancing. Country dancing on a Thursday night in Dallas is really fun, too. I enjoy working with my hands, creating or building something, landscaping and doing garden work. Even if [a woman] didn’t enjoy doing the things that I do, I would want her to be a part of them because I love them so much.”

The new season of The Bachelor will premiere in early 2010 on ABC.
    Bachelor Jake Pavelka: "I Believe In This Process" | Reality TV Magazine

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast