+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Fleiss

Mike Fleiss

More from the mind of Fleiss - below is an excerpt from his new sports blog - where he addresses famewhorish pursuits. Is he suggesting that the ladies on TB are Julliard types? Also, it doesn't appear that he likes the comparisons between TB and the MTV/VH1 shows.

Tequila, Silver and Lights Out from the San Diego Union Tribune
    By Kevin Acee
    September 12, 2009, 1:16 p.m.

I need a break every once in a while, so I've invited one of my favorite Chargers fans to write about the team on a regular basis this season.

This is the first installment of the FLEISS BLOG, which will periodically replace BOLTS BLOG.

Mike Fleiss is a failed sportswriter who was several times rebuffed trying to get a job at the Union-Tribune. Since giving up his dream, he's tried to make ends meet as a television and movie producer.

Actually, Fleiss has done all right. He is arguably the most successful creator of reality romance TV there has ever been.

Forget his part in producing blockbuster remakes of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Poseidon," this is the dude who gave us "The Bachelor."

His company, Next Entertainment, is also responsible for how many of you (or your wives) will spend weeknights this fall. He is producing the reality series "More to Love" on Fox and "There Goes the Neighborhood" on CBS.

So here goes the first FLEISS BLOG. I hope Mike amuses you as much as he does me.

What a relief. The case against Shawne Merriman has been dismissed. Whew!

Shawne is a free man. He can breath easy. And so can I.

For the last few days, I had really been sweating it. Not just because I am a life-long Chargers fan worried about how this case might affect the team.

But because I felt partially responsible for this whole Tila Tequila hangover in the first place.

Let me explain my feelings of guilt. A few years ago, I created a TV show called “The Bachelor.” Although controversial at the time, “The Bachelor” quickly became ABC’s No. 1 show and spawned countless cable rip-offs. One of those dirty derivations was an ugly, little MTV dating show starring a bisexual chick named Tila Tequila.

“I have nothing against bisexual chicks and, of course, I deplore violence against women. But this particular girl is typical of the random skanks who populate most reality TV shows (not mine, of course).

Ms. Tequila has no discernible talent, no Julliard schooling, and, ultimately, no legitimate reason to be a star. What she does have is an ability to chase down the spotlight like Merriman hunts down a quarterback.

Trust me. A girl like Tila Tequila will do just about anything for publicity.

With her show long ago canceled, Ms. Tequila’s celebrity status was about to expire. She was spinning. And not just from multiple shots of Patron.

When these so-called “celebrities” feel their star fading, they become increasingly desperate to keep their names in the news. Fame is a drug and when you take it away from an addict, things get ugly.

Does that mean she was lying about everything that happened at 4 a.m. at Merriman’s Poway home? Not necessarily. But believe me, Tila and her “representatives” were thrilled to be back in the headlines—even for just a week.

Nice career move.
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 09-14-2009 at 01:58 PM.

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3700849;
    More from the mind of Fleiss - below is an excerpt from his new sports blog - where he addresses famewhorish pursuits. Is he suggesting that the ladies on TB are Julliard types? Also, it doesn't appear that he likes the comparisons between TB and the MTV/VH1 shows.

By Kevin Acee

I need a break every once in a while, so I've invited one of my favorite Chargers fans to write about the team on a regular basis this season.

This is the first installment of the FLEISS BLOG, which will periodically replace BOLTS BLOG.

Mike Fleiss is a failed sportswriter who was several times rebuffed trying to get a job at the Union-Tribune. Since giving up his dream, he's tried to make ends meet as a television and movie producer.

Actually, Fleiss has done all right. He is arguably the most successful creator of reality romance TV there has ever been.

Forget his part in producing blockbuster remakes of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Poseidon," this is the dude who gave us "The Bachelor."

His company, Next Entertainment, is also responsible for how many of you (or your wives) will spend weeknights this fall. He is producing the reality series "More to Love" on Fox and "There Goes the Neighborhood" on CBS.

So here goes the first FLEISS BLOG. I hope Mike amuses you as much as he does me.
    Too funny.

Sounds like he has hired Ms Froggy to ghost write for him.

In Mike Fleiss's dreams, jlccaz. He should be so lucky. And smart.

Mike Fleiss

I think that Mike deserves his own thread, especially with the debut of his new blog. I have searched and searched and cannot find the old Fleiss thread. If any of you can find it, PM me and I will merge the two. Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Re: Mike Fleiss

In case anyone had any doubts about Mike Fleiss' opinion of the female gender, this article pretty well defines it -- chick (two references), girl (two references), skank (1 reference) and wait for it . . . women (one reference). Wow, one out of six references shows the tiniest bit of respect. Granted, the negative statements were against Tila Tequila, but still . . . I think this blog illustrates MF's regard for women in general pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3700849;

By Kevin Acee

I don't know if I should or Just like me, he's a Chargers fan!! No wonder Trista brought her guys to see their game.
    He wanted to be a sports writer? This may explain why he wants a pro athlete to be the Bachelor. For goodness sake, I pray NO Chargers player will be the next Bachelor, EVER.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3700854;
    Too funny.

Sounds like he has hired Ms Froggy to ghost write for him.
    Yes, it's true. I accepted his offer and am even now receiving mucho bucks for simply coming up with misogynistic quips about washed-up reality TV stars and lame, self-important observations on celebrity and life. This is a dream come true and I feel I've now fulfilled my life's ambition. Expecting my Pulitzer nomination any day now...

"Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3700915;
    I don't know if I should or Just like me, he's a Chargers fan!! No wonder Trista brought her guys to see their game.
    He wanted to be a sports writer? This may explain why he wants a pro athlete to be the Bachelor. For goodness sake, I pray NO Chargers player will be the next Bachelor, EVER.
    Shaun Phillips did make an appearance at Brad's date to Del Mar Chargers appearances should end there.

I love a thread that combines the Bachelor and the Chargers. 2 of my favorite things to watch on TV- 3.5 hours 'til kick-off- Go Chargers.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3701161;
    Shaun Phillips did make an appearance at Brad's date to Del Mar Chargers appearances should end there.

I love a thread that combines the Bachelor and the Chargers. 2 of my favorite things to watch on TV- 3.5 hours 'til kick-off- Go Chargers.
    I remember that, and he liked Deanna and another girl who's from San Diego.
    Me too, Chargers and the Bachelor, , my favorites!
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3701230;
    I remember that, and he liked Deanna and another girl who's from San Diego.
    Me too, Chargers and the Bachelor, , my favorites!
    Yea, it was DeAnna's friend on the show, McCarten. They were both dubbed the bullies in the house. It's funny that Shaun named them as his picks. I wonder if he watched the show and changed his mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast