+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 254 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670724;
    Describe middle of the road.....

I'm 42 and I freakin adored Jake.
    Maybe I'm on the older side of things.....sheesh I hope not

I guess I don't get the dislike for him. Is it because he's a seemingly nice guy? Who wouldn't want that??

I just don't get it.....And see I felt Kypton was the fake one. No way would a guy like him be interested in Jillian.
    And then we met his looney family......very pretentious, I felt.

I dunno. Maybe people are jaded into thinking a guy can't be like Jake anymore..
    I agree with all of this. I'm in my 40's too & I liked Jake, his looks & his values. I'd much prefer to watch him than Kipton.
    I'm not saying that Kipton's not a good guy. He really is, but I just felt he was a bit too impressed with himself. The advantage with Kipton being the Bachelor is that I'd get to take a season off from watching. I think I'm ready for that.

Reid would be the most fun to watch, though. I liked his naturalness.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Newbie

I still want it to be Reid. I would NOT watch if Jake. I would probably watch if Kip (that is what he is called in his real life) but would not be excited about it. I really still think the most interesting season would be Reid. I don't know if his low profile is a sign of anything. If he is announced as the Bachelor he will do tons of press. And his personality will shine in all of those interviews. So - I still am hoping it will be Reid. Really hoping. Also - just checked out JU because there are very little threads to write on over here at FORT. Seems a little crazy over there. Definitely prefer this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3671393;
    Here are the actual statistics from IMDB's website, as of today:
    IMDB's a good database but I wouldn't read too much into the popularity stuff. I'd guess it's just based on things like Google search results and they're just trending numbers compared to the previous week. It wouldn't surprise me if the mentions were down for the F2 and F3 because there would be fewer new articles that included them. J/Ed would have a slower week because the first US Weekly article was ALL over. Jesse & Michael's search hits would be up over the previous week because they were quoted in a couple online articles when they were in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3672291;
    IMDB's a good database but I wouldn't read too much into the popularity stuff. I'd guess it's just based on things like Google search results and they're just trending numbers compared to the previous week. It wouldn't surprise me if the mentions were down for the F2 and F3 because there would be fewer new articles that included them. J/Ed would have a slower week because the first US Weekly article was ALL over. Jesse & Michael's search hits would be up over the previous week because they were quoted in a couple online articles when they were in Austin.
    Those IMDB schores are not the real "Q" scores that a network or production company would order/purchase (very expensive!) in choosing a lead for the show, but they are interesting. Thanks, Beachmom.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gabriella703;3671813;
    I still want it to be Reid. I would NOT watch if Jake. I would probably watch if Kip (that is what he is called in his real life) but would not be excited about it. I really still think the most interesting season would be Reid. I don't know if his low profile is a sign of anything. If he is announced as the Bachelor he will do tons of press. And his personality will shine in all of those interviews. So - I still am hoping it will be Reid. Really hoping. Also - just checked out JU because there are very little threads to write on over here at FORT. Seems a little crazy over there. Definitely prefer this site.
    See, I don't love Jake, but I would TOTALLY watch the show if he was the next Bachelor.

We know that Fleiss has admitted the show is more like a sporting event for women (I can't remember the article where he alluded to that), and he prefers to create buzz rather than a certified love story.

With that in mind, Fleiss would be smart to cast Jake:

1. Jake wants to be the next Bachelor. So TPTB wouldn't have to offer him a huge cash incentive to accept an offer - Jake might even do it for free! There have been rumors that Reid turned down the offer because the money wasn't there (not confirmed by any means, and might not be true).

2. Jake appears to be very sincere about "finding twue wove" and he even stated it out loud at the RC in Canada. Who better to sell the story to the public, that this show is really about finding love and not creating drama? Jake would parrot any lines TPTB give him. He is a willing and convincing puppet.

3. We have already seen Jake cry over a balcony a la Mesnick. He is a literal goldmine of untapped emotional potential! We might even see him cry after every single RC because he is so anguished about hurting the women!

4. Jillian's season harped on the fact that Jake is "perfect" blah blah. He is moral, he goes to church, he is such a nice guy, he is handsome, he is a pilot, he is just sooooo perfect. Fleiss would relish finding chinks in the armour and exposing some of Jake's vulnerabilities. Drama!

5. TPTB could have a field day casting all kinds of crazy characters. An athiest! Women from different religions that won't convert to christianity and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savoir! Potential stalkers! Women with checkered pasts (an ex-stripper, an ex-prostitute, you get the picture). Yes, that would be mean-spirited of TPTB to do something like this. But could we really trust that they would only cast suitable mates for moral Jake?

6. Jake would make for a very entertaining season. That is why I watch, to be entertained. Yes, and I have said this before, there is a part of me that believes in fluffy bunnies and unicorns and twue wuv. But this show is more about entertainment for me, and if a love story comes out of this circus, then that is a nice surprise.

Personally, I adore Reid and think he is an amazing guy (from what I have been shown on TV, and from his Cosmo radio interview). I just think he is too good for this show. He is level-headed and a methodical decision maker - I just don't see this as a suitable venue for him to find a wife. I want Reid to get his own TV show on HGTV or something, so we can still see him, but enjoy it at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jones;3672952;
    See, I don't love Jake, but I would TOTALLY watch the show if he was the next Bachelor.

We know that Fleiss has admitted the show is more like a sporting event for women (I can't remember the article where he alluded to that), and he prefers to create buzz rather than a certified love story.

1. Jake wants to be the next Bachelor. So TPTB wouldn't have to offer him a huge cash incentive to accept an offer - Jake might even do it for free! There have been rumors that Reid turned down the offer because the money wasn't there (not confirmed by any means, and might not be true).

2. Jake appears to be very sincere about "finding twue wove" and he even stated it out loud at the RC in Canada. Who better to sell the story to the public, that this show is really about finding love and not creating drama? Jake would parrot any lines TPTB give him. He is a willing and convincing puppet.

3. We have already seen Jake cry over a balcony a la Mesnick. He is a literal goldmine of untapped emotional potential! We might even see him cry after every single RC because he is so anguished about hurting the women!

4. Jillian's season harped on the fact that Jake is "perfect" blah blah. He is moral, he goes to church, he is such a nice guy, he is handsome, he is a pilot, he is just sooooo perfect. Fleiss would relish finding chinks in the armour and exposing some of Jake's vulnerabilities. Drama!

5. TPTB could have a field day casting all kinds of crazy characters. An athiest! Women from different religions that won't convert to christianity and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savoir! Potential stalkers! Women with checkered pasts (an ex-stripper, an ex-prostitute, you get the picture). Yes, that would be mean-spirited of TPTB to do something like this. But could we really trust that they would only cast suitable mates for moral Jake?

6. Jake would make for a very entertaining season. That is why I watch, to be entertained. Yes, and I have said this before, there is a part of me that believes in fluffy bunnies and unicorns and twue wuv. But this show is more about entertainment for me, and if a love story comes out of this circus, then that is a nice surprise.

Personally, I adore Reid and think he is an amazing guy (from what I have been shown on TV, and from his Cosmo radio interview). I just think he is too good for this show. He is level-headed and a methodical decision maker - I just don't see this as a suitable venue for him to find a wife. I want Reid to get his own TV show on HGTV or something, so we can still see him, but enjoy it at the same time
    These are interesting and true.

Can you imagine BritLit's: JAKE'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURES?

He would provide awesome material
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Just in case we start to think a kinder, gentler The Bachelor is on it's way... forget it..the latest from Fleiss:

Are we through with trashy TV? Of course not

"The drama does come from … the drama that a lot of newlyweds go through in moving into a house and thinking about starting a family — that sort of thing," Giuliana Rancic said. "No, we're not trash TV. ... I feel like people don't want to see that much anymore."

Can that be true? Is America really turning its back on trash TV, or are the Rancics just kidding themselves?

"Well, I think if you look at the ratings, I think they're kidding themselves," said Mike Fleiss, who knows a little something about successful reality shows.

His long list of trashy successes includes "Shocking Behavior Caught on Tape," "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionare?," "Are You Hot?" "The Bachelor," "Hitched or Ditched" and "There Goes the Neighborhood."

"The big shows are still the ones that give you the high-octane drama," Fleiss said. "And I don't think that's ever going to change. I don't know how you would dial that down.

"What do you want? Just to be sort of milky and soft? I think that it doesn't necessarily have to be a train wreck, but some sort of bumping is good because you need conflict in all storytelling. And I think that that applies to reality, too."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3672964;
    Just in case we start to think a kinder, gentler The Bachelor is on it's way... forget it..the latest from Fleiss:

Are we through with trashy TV? Of course not

Quote:
    "The drama does come from … the drama that a lot of newlyweds go through in moving into a house and thinking about starting a family — that sort of thing," Giuliana Rancic said. "No, we're not trash TV. ... I feel like people don't want to see that much anymore."

Can that be true? Is America really turning its back on trash TV, or are the Rancics just kidding themselves?

"Well, I think if you look at the ratings, I think they're kidding themselves," said Mike Fleiss, who knows a little something about successful reality shows.

His long list of trashy successes includes "Shocking Behavior Caught on Tape," "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionare?," "Are You Hot?" "The Bachelor," "Hitched or Ditched" and "There Goes the Neighborhood."

"The big shows are still the ones that give you the high-octane drama," Fleiss said. "And I don't think that's ever going to change. I don't know how you would dial that down.

"What do you want? Just to be sort of milky and soft? I think that it doesn't necessarily have to be a train wreck, but some sort of bumping is good because you need conflict in all storytelling. And I think that that applies to reality, too."
    Thanks for posting this!

This is exactly the reason why I think Jake would make for an entertaining Bachelor season! Fleiss wants to bring the drama

I think Kip and Reid are too good for this circus sideshow

FORT Newbie

I was crazy about Reid this past season. He would be a great bachelor; however, thinking about the possibility of Jesse being The Bachelor (slim chance, I know) is sort of interesting. He's definitely good looking, very cool career, and he was shown just enough to expose a positive attitude and good personality. Maybe there are more layers to him that could unfold! What do you guys think?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Jones;3672952;

I said from the word 'go' that I didn't want to see Jake (who was nominated by Christian church members to be on Jillian's show) as the Bachelor because I figure that his faith will be edited in the same manner as Moana's Dad's was edited.

Although I am laughing, I can just see it now: The ex-stripper, the ex-prostitute, an ex-con, and an atheist will be his cast and pre-designated F4. The F6 will be rounded out by a gorgeous Orthodox Jewess and a stunningly beautiful Muslim girl.
    Just to make sure that he gets that high octane trash tv he talks about, Fleiss will close all the loop holes so that Jake has to select one of the ladies and offer her a ring at the FRC.

+ Reply to Thread