+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 254 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670715;
    Describe middle of the road.....

I'm 42 and I freakin adored Jake.
    Maybe I'm on the older side of things.....sheesh I hope not

I guess I don't get the dislike for him. Is it because he's a seemingly nice guy? Who wouldn't want that??

I just don't get it.....
    I'm probably "middle of the road" in terms of age (mid-30's) and I can take a stab at why some (not all) within my age group don't like Jake. (And for the record, I did like him the first night. He was good looking, respectful and invested in Jillian. It was starting with the 1:1 that he started giving me the heebie-jeebies.) I think that Jake's "perfectness" is two-fold: on one hand, he really is perfect looking, driven in life, goes to church, just an all round nice guy. If the perfectness just stopped there, and there were other sides to his personality, then I would be fine with him. But, on the other hand, his perfectness is something he appears to be working for, something that is ingrained in his self-image, and that he will protect at all costs. He is so invested in always "doing the right thing" that he is allowing that image to drive his personality. He therefore watches his words, doesn't seem to let loose for fear of looking goofy/stupid, and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor about life. The frustrating thing about watching Jake is not that I think he is putting on a "perfect" act, it's that there's just not much more beyond his perfectness. I could also go into a whole discussion about how he treated Jillian like a little lady who needs to be protected instead of an equal partner, but I digress.

I think the thing with my "middle of the road" age group is that we are relatively independent women who don't need someone to take care of us, and are looking for a life partner not a father/big brother. In that sense, we want someone who we can dance goofy with at weddings, who we can wake up next to and have bad breath and no makeup on and not feel self-conscious, who will still be with us if we gain some weight, who won't make us feel guilty for throwing a temper tantrum and cursing when our computer freezes or we burn dinner, who won't judge us if we have a little too much to drink at our high school reunion, and most importantly who will laugh with us. I'm not saying that Jake couldn't be that life partner for someone, but he just doesn't seem to be the type that fits the mold I described above.

This is all JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3670741;
    Kip has said in several interviews that he's not sure that he's a good fit for TB and would have a lot of questions for them. He has also said that he doesn't think he's the one that they are considering. I do think his off camera personality is very charming and he has a low key witty side, too, based on his post-show interviews that would probably be a bigger part of the edit this time around if he was TB.

Given all of the things that he has going on, I am not sure what the upside is for him to do it though. Based on his comments, it appears that he has grown from the experience and his charities benefited from it as well. For example, someone donated $100,000 to one of his charities after she read one of his interviews about his philanthropic pursuits. I'd be scared that it'd all go downhill if I was him.
    Kiptyn confirmed that charity is the one his "looney" "snooty" mother founded to help cancer survivors. Someone who followed his twitter commented "see what the publicity can do for you", so I wonder if helping charities will be the incentive that help him making the decision re. the Bachelor?
    If it's true that Reid turned down the offer, will Fleiss go back to Kiptyn? After all, Kip's popularity is rising, with more than 6,900 followers on his twitter, the Glamour interview, the auction, and the donation - his "perfectness" is elevated to a new level, IMO.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3670755;
    Kiptyn confirmed that charity is the one his "looney" "snooty" mother founded to help cancer survivors. Someone who followed his twitter commented "see what the publicity can do for you", so I wonder if helping charities will be the incentive that help him making the decision re. the Bachelor?
    If it's true that Reid turned down the offer, will Fleiss go back to Kiptyn? After all, Kip's popularity is rising, with more than 6,900 followers on his twitter, the Glamour interview, the auction, and the donation - his "perfectness" is elevated to a new level, IMO.
    I agree his popularity is rising and Reid's profile is fading away, I think if Kip wants it it'll be his. For his sake I hope he turns it down, otherwise they're bound to cast some crazies to drum up the drama. And since every "ending" is more "shocking" than the last, who knows what Fleiss would have up his sleeves for the next season

FORT Fanatic

I am still hoping they will find someone new. Kip seems like a great guy, but he never really "did it" for me on the show. I think because I know how short he is in real life...LOL. If you take out his great abs....well, I'm just not seeing it. Then there is the whole kissing thing with him....just cant imagine watching it with several different women. Sorry, I know there are many who will disagree.

I would love to see somebody new who has had zero previous contacts with this show. I think that rules out anyone from Texas and California......how about a nice guy from lets say...Nebraska?

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3670755;
    The Cancer Charity is to help Stage Four victims who are unable to pay bills because of all the expense of treatment. They help their living situations and families cope with the monetary drain on resources. A very good cause and when I saw the tweet I was YES!

IF Kiptyn is tapped as the next Bachelor, you can bet that like Andy there will be charity work dates involved. In fact, one of his latest tweets shows support for one of Andy's charities.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3670922;
    I agree his popularity is rising and Reid's profile is fading away, I think if Kip wants it it'll be his. For his sake I hope he turns it down, otherwise they're bound to cast some crazies to drum up the drama. And since every "ending" is more "shocking" than the last, who knows what Fleiss would have up his sleeves for the next season
    Do you really think so? If so, we are a fickle bunch aren't we? No, really. I think you're right. I see more of more of Kiptyn. As for whether or not he would be good as the next B, I'm not sure. He's giving all of the "canned" Bachelor responses in his interviews, which leads me to believe he'd take it if offered. Can we get past the "too good to be true" aspect?

Until FORT crashed my whole summer was based on this show. I would eagerly log on every chance I could, including on vacation. I watched and rewatched the love story I saw until I FINALLY admitted it may not be the one that was really there. Now with school starting again and back to reality, I won't be able to follow as closely.

It seems like most of the potential bachelorettes being lined up for the show are from the south and southwest. To me, I would think that would lean toward a Bachelor from that area - or the west coast - instead of the east coast.

I still think there's a chance for Reid, if they can come to terms. If he waits much longer though, I'm not sure. His "Q" rating is going down (but then so is Jillian's and some of the other guys; Jesse and Michael S. are UP ). Maybe he really does want to return to his normal life???

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3671170;
    I still think there's a chance for Reid, if they can come to terms. If he waits much longer though, I'm not sure. His "Q" rating is going down (but then so is Jillian's and some of the other guys; Jesse and Michael S. are UP ). Maybe he really does want to return to his normal life???
    Excellent teaching moment opportunity...

Q Scores :: Performer Q

NOTE the reality TV participant category.

I wish abcmedianet would publish those scores!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3671170;
    Do you really think so? If so, we are a fickle bunch aren't we? No, really. I think you're right. I see more of more of Kiptyn. As for whether or not he would be good as the next B, I'm not sure. He's giving all of the "canned" Bachelor responses in his interviews, which leads me to believe he'd take it if offered. Can we get past the "too good to be true" aspect?

Until FORT crashed my whole summer was based on this show. I would eagerly log on every chance I could, including on vacation. I watched and rewatched the love story I saw until I FINALLY admitted it may not be the one that was really there. Now with school starting again and back to reality, I won't be able to follow as closely.

It seems like most of the potential bachelorettes being lined up for the show are from the south and southwest. To me, I would think that would lean toward a Bachelor from that area - or the west coast - instead of the east coast.

Maybe I'm missing something. How can you tell Jesse and Michael's are up? Is this an actual number? Or is this an observation? I am definitely getting the feeling that Reid would like to return to normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyGirls;3671333;
    Maybe I'm missing something. How can you tell Jesse and Michael's are up? Is this an actual number? Or is this an observation? I am definitely getting the feeling that Reid would like to return to normal life.
    Here are the actual statistics from IMDB's website, as of today:

Jillian: -34%
    Ed: -64%
    Kiptyn: -36%
    Reid: -28%
    Jake: -23%
    Wes: -9%
    Jesse: +13%
    Michael: +10%

I'm not sure what criteria they use, but this is what I go by! It seems to be a reputable source.

I was trying to think of someone who's immensely popular on TV right now to compare, and all I could think of was Kate from Jon and Kate + 8. I've only seen part of one episode, but who can ignore the summer they're having. Maybe it's people feeling sorry for her, but hers is up 57% this week!
    Last edited by Beachmom; 08-20-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670715;
    Describe middle of the road.....

I'm 42 and I freakin adored Jake.
    Maybe I'm on the older side of things.....sheesh I hope not

I guess I don't get the dislike for him. Is it because he's a seemingly nice guy? Who wouldn't want that??

I just don't get it.....

You are definitely not on the older side of adoring Jake. I'm 56 and I adored him as well, but my generation loved the nice, clean cut guys. I married one, with a flat-top no less. My first choice for bachelor is Reid though.

+ Reply to Thread