+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3668231;
    That would put the DWTS finale Nov 30. I assume The Bach starts after the New Year.
    The Bachelorette 5 (Jillian) premiered on 5/18 following the first night of DWTS finale which ended the next night 5/19. Maybe they will do that this time so there will be no space time between two of ABC's favorite shows. If the DWTS finale is on Monday, 11/30, maybe they will begin airing The Bachelor on that same night, just like they did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3668970;
    Can someone quit after signing the contract? I think if I had been chosen in the Matt season, I would have
    wanted to quit also.
    I'm really not sure. It seems that it is possible.

I haven't been following the board much but is it still possible that Kiptyn could be the next Bachelor?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3670080;
    I haven't been following the board much but is it still possible that Kiptyn could be the next Bachelor?
    Yes, it's still possible, though he does have a charity event commitment for October 3rd. But, if they start filming in middle October...as of his last interview he said he would know within two weeks (another week to go) and the announcement would take place in about a month.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3660889;
    I am in my early twenties and watched the show every week with my 5 best friends and 3 of them were in love with Jake. They just thought he was the best. I could never understand, but I agree with you I think the younger you are and even the ladies on the older side of things like Jake. I haven't met many middle of the road ladies who like him.
    Describe middle of the road.....

I'm 42 and I freakin adored Jake.
    Maybe I'm on the older side of things.....sheesh I hope not

I guess I don't get the dislike for him. Is it because he's a seemingly nice guy? Who wouldn't want that??

I just don't get it.....

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670715;
    Describe middle of the road.....

I'm 42 and I freakin adored Jake.
    Maybe I'm on the older side of things.....sheesh I hope not

I guess I don't get the dislike for him. Is it because he's a seemingly nice guy? Who wouldn't want that??

I just don't get it.....
    It is interesting, because most of my friends ages 23-55+ did not like him. We all preferred Reid or Kypton. Jake seemed very over the top and not real.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2dance;3670720;
    It is interesting, because most of my friends ages 23-55+ did not like him. We all preferred Reid or Kypton. Jake seemed very over the top and not real.
    And see I felt Kypton was the fake one. No way would a guy like him be interested in Jillian.
    And then we met his looney family......very pretentious, I felt.

I dunno. Maybe people are jaded into thinking a guy can't be like Jake anymore. Like he's from another generation or something. I'd love it if more guys were like him. Then I wouldn't have to be as afraid of my daughters ending up with a jerk like Ed.

I loved Reid, too. I can appreciate his snarkiness.

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3670724;
    And see I felt Kypton was the fake one. No way would a guy like him be interested in Jillian.
    And then we met his looney family......very pretentious, I felt.

I dunno. Maybe people are jaded into thinking a guy can't be like Jake anymore. Like he's from another generation or something. I'd love it if more guys were like him. Then I wouldn't have to be as afraid of my daughters ending up with a jerk like Ed.

I loved Reid, too. I can appreciate his snarkiness.
    To me Jake was really over the top. Saying his date with her was the best night of his life, after the very little time he spent with her and the little he knew about her, already saying he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her...either desperate, or not believable.

Anyhow, I'm thinking the next Bach could be someone totally new, or Kip. Sounds like Reid has declined and his media statements don't sound like what ABC would be telling him to say if he was the one (doesn't think he could find his wife that way, etc). Jake is acting too desperate again in his media appearances (plugging for people to vote for him every chance he gets). Kip is the only one who has said things that seem to leave it open. Having said that I think he would be boring to watch, another Jason season (girls doing all the talking, etc). Reid would be the only entertaining one.

Chris mentioned recently that they're not only looking at recycling, they're also considering new people

Jake read as very insincere to me. When he came out and said he had dated Melissa "Ray"croft (he didn't even pronounce her name correctly), he was downright fibbing as she quickly came out to say it didn't happen. I will never get his line, " AHM here to find TRU LUVE!" from the girlfriendgate RC out of my head. To me he is just fake, fake, fake. I hope is not the new Bachelor.

Kip has said in several interviews that he's not sure that he's a good fit for TB and would have a lot of questions for them. He has also said that he doesn't think he's the one that they are considering. I do think his off camera personality is very charming and he has a low key witty side, too, based on his post-show interviews that would probably be a bigger part of the edit this time around if he was TB.

Given all of the things that he has going on, I am not sure what the upside is for him to do it though. Based on his comments, it appears that he has grown from the experience and his charities benefited from it as well. For example, someone donated $100,000 to one of his charities after she read one of his interviews about his philanthropic pursuits. I'd be scared that it'd all go downhill if I was him.

+ Reply to Thread