+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 254 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3696330;
    I am there with ya! This number seems way too low seeing as the trainwreck is recorded for posterity and lives forever on the Internet. Given that you sign your life away along with putting your career (or future one) and reputation at risk, that number is almost insulting considering that the show plays in a 2-hour primetime, major network slot and does very well with the 18-49 advertising demo.

Maybe in the early days when participants on the show weren't pawned off as post-show tabloid fodder, I could see why folks signed up for it as a lark and an adventure - but not now. For their sakes, I hope their asking price dramatically increases!
    Even if if they increased their compensation slightly, this show still has to be a major cash cow for the network. I always wondered why the show would get renewed year after year even when ratings were off or they had a so-so season with poor press. Though they certainly aren't pulling the rates for a 30 second spot like, say Grey's or Desperate Housewives ($250-400K), if they are even close to what Extreme Makeover garners ( @ $190 for a 30 second spot), they are making a fortune if what you say is true about minimal compensation to just a few select folks. Add to that low production costs, travel that is probably worked out with local tourists boards for promotional purposes, and fantasy dates that really aren't all that expensive to stage.
    And they have to be just singing in the ABC ivory towers right along with Fleiss when they get the kind of publicity they did this year and during Jason's year. Ratings go up, and so the ad dollars..all while the basic production costs are kept to a minimum.

Since Jillian and Ed are on Ellen tomorrow - do you think there would be any kind of announcement tomorrow as a segway to TB? Or, is this the "sunsetting" of The Bachelorette PR - making way for The Bachelor announcement in the coming weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3696671;
    Since Jillian and Ed are on Ellen tomorrow - do you think there would be any kind of announcement tomorrow as a segway to TB? Or, is this the "sunsetting" of The Bachelorette PR - making way for The Bachelor announcement in the coming weeks?
    I just watched the taping on the Ellen live cam, no sound of course. You have a good point, perhaps the sun is setting. Friday would be a good day for an announcement! Who wants to wait another weekend? Not me!

I just listened to an intervieiw with Jake on Asrochicks tht was done on Sept 7. I tried not to laugh when he said he wanted to be a bachelor with morals but I couldnt hold it in. He also said he hasnt been talking with them that much. All I have to say is if they do choose him they will chew him up and spit him out lol.. He was gushing about how much he wants to be the bachelor. God I hope not!

Jake is probably sitting by the phone.

Kiptyn's latest tweet

Conference-calling, event-planning, dog-wrestling, flight-booking, lunch-meeting, big-things-brainstorming kind of a Wednesday morning
    about 8 hours ago from web

Poor Jake, I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt if he's the chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3696262;
    The answers are:
    it depends, and
    as little as possible.
    The contract makes it clear that nobody other than the F4 are entitled to compensation, other than the travel, meals and lodging. I didn't know about the per diem, but that fits in with the concept of providing bare essentials to those not in the F4.
    The contract also specifically excludes participants from being SAG members or claiming union benefits, such as a minimum daily wage. Sounds like a NLRB violation, but somehow they have it figured out.
    This is where it gets fuzzy for me. I have always assumed that the "nobody but F4" language meant that the F4 were paid, and in some cases I know they were. Same with the people who were "cast" for certain character roles and needed a carrot to agree to do it.
    But certain F4's have denied that they ever got paid - quality people who are credible - and they are unhappy at having been stiffed by the producers.
    I have a couple of explanations for this - first, payment is not due until the show has aired, and second, ANY breach of the contract voids the duty to pay. So, if for example an F4 gave an interview with RS after the filming, that would be a breach of the contract - ABC/Next is never going to sue for the ridiculous $5 million stipulated in the contract and air all of their dirty laundry, but they would be petty enough to withhold the payment.
    I have heard various numbers thrown around and they depend a lot on what the producers can get away with.......but the numbers I've heard on the F4's and character actors have ranged from $10-50,000.

SDL, what do you mean by "character actors"?
    Have TPTB hired actors in the past, not actual contestants, and can you give examples? Thanks I look forward to reading your posts
    REIDiculous - SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3696774;

Kiptyn's latest tweet

Conference-calling, event-planning, dog-wrestling, flight-booking, lunch-meeting, big-things-brainstorming kind of a Wednesday morning

You're right, Jake probably is sitting by his phone waiting for a phone call. I hope an announcement is made soon because I cannot wait any longer! I am ready to start sluething the new show. =)

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3696961;
    SDL, what do you mean by "character actors"?
    Have TPTB hired actors in the past, not actual contestants, and can you give examples? Thanks I look forward to reading your posts
    Thanks!
    And by "character actors" i mean people who specifically catch the eye of the producers before shooting begins, and they badly want them involved to fill a role in the plot they have roughed out pre-production. A good example would be Wes - they knew from the "git-go" that he would play the part of himself very well, and with a little manipulation, give them some very memorable TV viewing.
    I am not saying that they hire real actors, unless you count Shayne Lamas, to fake their roles.

Well, I for one, am convinced Kip was guaranteed F2 spot and cash incentive, so it just makes sense that anyone agreeing to do this show to this level, under these circumstances wouldn't just walk away with 10 grand - F2 spot probably ranks up in the 50 grand dept.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3696774;

Kiptyn's latest tweet

If an announcement is coming out by weeks' end, I would think they'd have Jake already signed on the dotted line - they dont' announce potentials - the contract would need to be signed and payment agreed to.....etc...
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread