+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3695979;
    No news, but seems most think it is Jake.
    what's the hold up? Premiere date is Jan 4 - they need to get their butts in gear and let us know who it's going to be, they have to start taping soon.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

INCOMING.... NERDY QUESTION from a fort newbie....but I haven't any idea what "VH1" means ??

Hi everyone from frosty central Alberta.... we're already convering tomatoes at night and they aren't even ripe.... just some fluffy chat while climbing the walls anticipating some news and lurking here, but can't follow the up-thread discussion about VH1... keep the fascinating insights coming.... it beats raking leaves!!

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3696057;
    INCOMING.... NERDY QUESTION from a fort newbie....but I haven't any idea what "VH1" means ??

Hi everyone from frosty central Alberta.... we're already convering tomatoes at night and they aren't even ripe.... just some fluffy chat while climbing the walls anticipating some news and lurking here, but can't follow the up-thread discussion about VH1... keep the fascinating insights coming.... it beats raking leaves!!
    VH1 is a TV channel - sort of like MTV.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3695971;
    Quoted by Alexxxx:
    When the show's host asked them who had been paid for their reality TV experience, Erica Rose didn't raise her hand. The contestant from Holidate looked at her and said "Come on, you were too paid" and Erica Rose said well, we were paid a per diem, just $100 a day. Erica didn't make it particularly far in that season, maybe F10 - F6.

When we discussed this not too long ago, I believe it was jlccaz said that she thought the F4 and perhaps the F6 cast were paid as well as what I call the "character" positions - those being the drama provided. Erica Rose was the big drama for her season, so under Jlccaz's premise Erica Rose's statement would make sense. She was also under the old contract.

I still think that they are not paid commensurate with other reality shows YET and won't be until they absolutely have to be.

Can sdl or anybody find out any salaries for us?

I thought that the whole payment as well as the casting for certain positions only started after Andy's season, meaning that Erica Rose's comments wouldn't apply today.

Am I just completely naive?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3696057;

Years ago and I am totally showing my age here, VH1's tagline was "Video Hits 1, the one for you"!

Yes wasn't VH1 brought in as a music video channel for a more mature audience but now all the music video channels carry mostly reality TV and rarely show music videos. I miss the old days of music videos I have to say - I was lucky to see MTV and Much Music in their heyday.

And VH1 took the Bachelor/Bachelorette concept and turned into some very interesting shows - in Canada you can see VH1 shows on MTV Canada, the Biography Channel, Much Music and Much More Music and sometimes Star TV, depends on the show. I do not believe we can get VH1 unless you have a good satellite dish or uh a dish with an illegal card, bwah. Given MTV Canada sucks, no point bringing in VH1 Canada frankly.

I think the first dating show VH1 did was Flavour of Love 1 with Flavour Flav from Public Enemy with 20 girls vying for his attention after another reality show or two where Brigitte Nielsen broke his heart. Gives me shudders just imagining being on that show and pretending to be attracted to him. No wonder the prize was $250,000 for F1.

Then came Rock of Love 1, Flavour of Love 2 and 3, I Love NY 1 and 2, spun off from Flavour of Love and then Rock of Love 2 and 3, then Daisy of Love spun off of Rock of Love 2, then Real Chance of Love, 1 and 2, spun off I Love NY, Tila Tequila Season 1 and 2, that's an MTV show right, the bisexual chick who has men and women competing for her LOVE, bwah. Yes bottomline is no one finds love on these shows. Lust at best. Megan Wants a Millionaire spun off from Rock of Love, and a couple of other shows but that was cancelled when that Canadian Ryan Jenkins who was cast as one of the millionaries, killed his wife and then killed himself. Megan must be so bummed.

There are even more spin offs from those shows but they are not dating shows.

With almost all the VH1 and MTV shows they don't even bother pretending to hook up. I think Daisy is making appearances with London still though there were rumours Daisy was getting it on with Flex. Since Flex meets my definition of a man, I can dig it. Bret Michaels did seem to hook up with Ambre Lake winner of Season 2 until it was time for Rock of Love 3 - I believe Ambre was a ringer anyway. And NY did spend time with Tailor Made supposedly but what a pathetic excuse for a man.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 09-09-2009 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3696083;
    I thought that the whole payment as well as the casting for certain positions only started after Andy's season, meaning that Erica Rose's comments wouldn't apply today.

Am I just completely naive?

You may raise a very good point. It would appear that after the Brad Womack season that the show is willing to do whatever it takes to guarantee an engagement and given there were those rumours that 2 guys were approached to be recruited for Jillian's season for $50,000 each and we suspect Ed amongst others might have indeed been recruited for at least that much money. Of course the show now recruits contestants before they have cast their star which makes no sense. Word was they brought in the last five guys last year including Ed and Reid because they had originally cast for Melissa and some of the guys were younger than Jillian. Duh.

I have to imagine they are finding it harder to get people to agree to do this show after the last 2 seasons really threw their stars under the bus.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3695971;
    Quoted by Alexxxx:
    When the show's host asked them who had been paid for their reality TV experience, Erica Rose didn't raise her hand. The contestant from Holidate looked at her and said "Come on, you were too paid" and Erica Rose said well, we were paid a per diem, just $100 a day. Erica didn't make it particularly far in that season, maybe F10 - F6.

When we discussed this not too long ago, I believe it was jlccaz said that she thought the F4 and perhaps the F6 cast were paid as well as what I call the "character" positions - those being the drama provided. Erica Rose was the big drama for her season, so under Jlccaz's premise Erica Rose's statement would make sense. She was also under the old contract.

I still think that they are not paid commensurate with other reality shows YET and won't be until they absolutely have to be.

Can sdl or anybody find out any salaries for us?
    The answers are:
    it depends, and
    as little as possible.
    The contract makes it clear that nobody other than the F4 are entitled to compensation, other than the travel, meals and lodging. I didn't know about the per diem, but that fits in with the concept of providing bare essentials to those not in the F4.
    The contract also specifically excludes participants from being SAG members or claiming union benefits, such as a minimum daily wage. Sounds like a NLRB violation, but somehow they have it figured out.
    This is where it gets fuzzy for me. I have always assumed that the "nobody but F4" language meant that the F4 were paid, and in some cases I know they were. Same with the people who were "cast" for certain character roles and needed a carrot to agree to do it.
    But certain F4's have denied that they ever got paid - quality people who are credible - and they are unhappy at having been stiffed by the producers.
    I have a couple of explanations for this - first, payment is not due until the show has aired, and second, ANY breach of the contract voids the duty to pay. So, if for example an F4 gave an interview with RS after the filming, that would be a breach of the contract - ABC/Next is never going to sue for the ridiculous $5 million stipulated in the contract and air all of their dirty laundry, but they would be petty enough to withhold the payment.
    I have heard various numbers thrown around and they depend a lot on what the producers can get away with.......but the numbers I've heard on the F4's and character actors have ranged from $10-50,000.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3696262;
    Shortened Post

......but the numbers I've heard on the F4's and character actors have ranged from $10-50,000.
    That seems like peanuts to me considering the extent in which you may be trashed bashed and thrown under the bus!

Like many others have stated, I would imgine that is going to have to be increase dramatically over the next few seasons. Even at that, I'm not sure how much money, if any amount, would be enough for me. However, there are people I'm sure that wouldn't mind at all regardless of the cash-ola. It's a great experience, if you can handle it all.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3696307;
    That seems like peanuts to me considering the extent in which you may be trashed bashed and thrown under the bus!

Like many others have stated, I would imgine that is going to have to be increase dramatically over the next few seasons. Even at that, I'm not sure how much money, if any amount, would be enough for me. However, there are people I'm sure that wouldn't mind at all regardless of the cash-ola. It's a great experience, if you can handle it all.
    I am there with ya! This number seems way too low seeing as the trainwreck is recorded for posterity and lives forever on the Internet. Given that you sign your life away along with putting your career (or future one) and reputation at risk, that number is almost insulting considering that the show plays in a 2-hour primetime, major network slot and does very well with the 18-49 advertising demo.

Maybe in the early days when participants on the show weren't pawned off as post-show tabloid fodder, I could see why folks signed up for it as a lark and an adventure - but not now. For their sakes, I hope their asking price dramatically increases!

+ Reply to Thread