+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by figuresitout;3694029;
    I saw Reid briefly yesterday in an HGTV preview for one of their shows (glasses and all), but then I watched at the time the preview said and he didn't appear. Does anyone know if he has a series with them? That would certainly impact him possibly being chosen, But even though the gist of the discussions on this board are that TPTB don't listen to us, my vote is that Jake will ruin this franchise by turning it into complete cheese. I'd rather have the guy from More to Love than Jake! REID IS THE MAN
    No, not a series, just one episode, which was filmed almost a year ago now and hasn't aired yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3692978;
    The other problem, and unfortunately there is no cure for this one, is that sometimes we learn things about these people that some have grown so fond of, that is unflattering. These are real people we see on TV, flawed in ways that we aren't always shown and often trashed in ways that aren't entirely accurate, but all are far from perfect. I personally think they are more idiosyncratic than most because the normal people I know would not ever choose to go on TV and propose or seek a proposal after 4-5 dates.
    So we learn things about the fan darlings that we cannot post. It destroys the illusion and usually causes an ugly backlash.
    I still do it sometimes because I have this strange affinity for sharing the truth, but I almost always pay a heavy price. That's why I have great affection for those who tell it like it is, even when it interferes with the fantasy.
    So, thank you jiccaz.
    I think it's hard on a message board to stay objective throughout the show, especially when you've become attached to a contestant, it's hard to hear negative comments about that person. Your sources may be production related and others get theirs from family members of contestants or the contestants themselves and information can get skewed. So we do have to take everything with a grain of salt but, personally, if I hear the same thing over and over from different sources that have no affiliation with one another about a situation or a contestant, that's a different story. I come on here for that extra information and although it may not be favorable, i'd still prefer that information, and make my own decisions, rather than be misguided by the show.

I thought I read it on here, the 25 women have been finalized right? In past seasons, were there leaks about TB once the final women knew who he was?

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3695093;
    I think it's hard on a message board to stay objective throughout the show, especially when you've become attached to a contestant, it's hard to hear negative comments about that person. Your sources may be production related and others get theirs from family members of contestants or the contestants themselves and information can get skewed. So we do have to take everything with a grain of salt but, personally, if I hear the same thing over and over from different sources that have no affiliation with one another about a situation or a contestant, that's a different story. I come on here for that extra information and although it may not be favorable, i'd still prefer that information, and make my own decisions, rather than be misguided by the show.

I thought I read it on here, the 25 women have been finalized right? In past seasons, were there leaks about TB once the final women knew who he was?

You would think and hope so but they do sign a concract!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3694037;
    I don't know, SDL ... I believe Jiccaz has a point.

Underscored illustrates my earlier point precisely of possible monolithic bias in that so many involved in the production of TB, scoop sourced coming from only one involved is not necessarily indicative of the truth. Remember how I was very interested in conformation of the handler issue, and did so directly by other means? Well, my insider source (only to this matter) insisted the opposite of what you learned.

The season is over and the issue, itself, no longer of importance, but to this discussion in general, what Jiccaz has suggested worthy of further contemplation, in my opinion, of course.
    Let's back up.
    Jiccaz was saying that, in her experience, there was no greater security or confidentiality now than there was in past seasons. I simply replied that I had found those involved in the show to be more tight lipped regarding the final result this past season, although there were still plenty of leaks regarding the details of production.
    This is evidenced by the fact that nobody had solid proof of Ed as F1 until we saw it on TV, but the details of Ed's relationships with the 2 other women were well known and widely discussed here long before the final episode, and even longer before they were publicized by the mainstream media.
    Not a major argument to me, and certainly not one with broader meaning than this one point.

FORT Fogey

An interesting tidbit from Good Day Houston a few days ago, sort of relative to the compensation discussion. There was a panel of five reality show past contestants, talking about their experience on reality shows and some behind the scenes stuff. Honestly, it was on as background noise and I wasn't paying particular attention, but one of the past contestants was Erica Rose, from PLo's season. None of the others were from TB or TB'ette, all from shows I've never seen or heard of, but one was from some show called Holidate. When the show's host asked them who had been paid for their reality TV experience, Erica Rose didn't raise her hand. The contestant from Holidate looked at her and said "Come on, you were too paid" and Erica Rose said well, we were paid a per diem, just $100 a day. Erica didn't make it particularly far in that season, maybe F10 - F6. But she seemed to confirm that they all get paid at least something.

I think some per diem is standard, it might even be legally mandated whether reality shows come under the purview of actors unions or whatever, $100 a day is what your average extra would make on a movie set for example, if you are an average joe that's fun, $100 and great food [most movie sets have terrific catering] and you get to see how a movie production operates and gawk at some celebrities, my cousin used to do extra work just for a kick in Toronto. I seem to recall that people in Big Brother had some per diem that was not extravagant. It makes sense because people are leaving their jobs and businesses for an awfully long time and you are not going to do it for absolutely nothing. Now Survivor I thought there was a sliding payscale, depending on how long you last you got a lump sum payment, not grand up to $100,000? for the F2 and of course F1 get the $1 million however now they have viewers favourite so any of the contestants including F1 could win another $100,000? or was it $250,000, I can't remember, Big Brother has a viewers favourite too now doesn't it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lavender1960;3695928;
    I think some per diem is standard, it might even be legally mandated whether reality shows come under the purview of actors unions or whatever, $100 a day is what your average extra would make on a movie set for example, if you are an average joe that's fun, $100 and great food [most movie sets have terrific catering] and you get to see how a movie production operates and gawk at some celebrities, my cousin used to do extra work just for a kick in Toronto. I seem to recall that people in Big Brother had some per diem that was not extravagant. It makes sense because people are leaving their jobs and businesses for an awfully long time and you are not going to do it for absolutely nothing. Now Survivor I thought there was a sliding payscale, depending on how long you last you got a lump sum payment, not grand up to $100,000? for the F2 and of course F1 get the $1 million however now they have viewers favourite so any of the contestants including F1 could win another $100,000? or was it $250,000, I can't remember, Big Brother has a viewers favourite too now doesn't it?

Quoted by Alexxxx:
    When the show's host asked them who had been paid for their reality TV experience, Erica Rose didn't raise her hand. The contestant from Holidate looked at her and said "Come on, you were too paid" and Erica Rose said well, we were paid a per diem, just $100 a day. Erica didn't make it particularly far in that season, maybe F10 - F6.

When we discussed this not too long ago, I believe it was jlccaz said that she thought the F4 and perhaps the F6 cast were paid as well as what I call the "character" positions - those being the drama provided. Erica Rose was the big drama for her season, so under Jlccaz's premise Erica Rose's statement would make sense. She was also under the old contract.

I still think that they are not paid commensurate with other reality shows YET and won't be until they absolutely have to be.

Can sdl or anybody find out any salaries for us?

FORT Fan

What is the latest news? Who is the next bachelor? Kiptyn, Jake or Reid?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3695973;
    What is the latest news? Who is the next bachelor? Kiptyn, Jake or Reid?
    No news, but seems most think it is Jake.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Well clearly Bloomers they are indeed nowhere near the other shows, even on other networks let alone the cash cows that the VH1 dating reality shows and their various spin offs are. And VH1 spends a lot of money on exotic locations and dates too. And if more people know how much the other shows are paying that has to make it even harder for Bachelor to recruit. Now for some fans of the show, that is a good thing, then it means it is less about the money but if you believe as we suspect that some of the men including Ed were paid in advance or promised a sum of money in advance, then really is Bachelor any better than any VH1 show in terms of the monetary motivation. I don't know how much the people who don't win get paid but it has to be something for these people to keep coming back on other shows like I Love Money. I just watched the ILM 2 finale on TV last night, it was hilarious actually, but just read they've already finished taping ILM4.
    Last edited by lavender1960; 09-09-2009 at 11:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread