+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 254 FirstFirst ... 153203243244245246247248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2537

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3775024;
    This idea is so not new! The cute (edited perpetually) tipsy redhead F5 on Travis Stork's season married one of the production crew which means that they met and (gasp!) were "carrying on" to some extent or other during the relatively short time that they were filming the show while the girls were in the house.
    Obviously, Travis didn't care, and neither evidently did the producers so we didn't hear about it. Fastforward to this season - same scenario but different results!
    I think that since the image of Jake that they will be perpetuating is that of a righteous and moral man, it makes sense to use this "scandalous" type of behavior as one of the tribulations he will have to endure in order to find his true love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3774188;
    It may not be enought time, but this time....wowsa.....these girls are just gorgeous. I don't remember a seaons having so many of them being so pretty.
    A bit confusinging on all th A and E names. . . plus the huge numbers of blonds. I guess he doesn't go for redheads. None in the bunch. Well..Michelle has some in her bio pic sorta red/brown.

But over all...just a lovely group!!!!!! Bravo ABC....for once!!!
    So, did most of these women apply thinking that either Reid or Kip might be the Bachelor????

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3775529;
    So, did most of these women apply thinking that either Reid or Kip might be the Bachelor????
    It depends on which side of the fence you're on.

I believe, they knew all along it was going to be Jake. The spilled the beans girl said so, jcclaz reported it early Sept, we found a tweet from a friend confirming her friend was going to be on the bachelor and she knew who the bachelor was, and it wasn't one of the F2. So the contestants knew as early as early Sept it was going to be Jake.

Jake dated a previous beauty pageant contestant, 10 yrs ago or so, coincidently, if you believe in coincidences, (I don't) there are alot of beauty pageant winners/contestants in the group.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3775765;
    It depends on which side of the fence you're on.

I believe, they knew all along it was going to be Jake. The spilled the beans girl said so, jcclaz reported it early Sept, we found a tweet from a friend confirming her friend was going to be on the bachelor and she knew who the bachelor was, and it wasn't one of the F2. So the contestants knew as early as early Sept it was going to be Jake.

Jake dated a previous beauty pageant contestant, 10 yrs ago or so, coincidently, if you believe in coincidences, (I don't) there are alot of beauty pageant winners/contestants in the group.
    Jake indicated that someone from his Church nominated him which it seems may have sent out a certain message as well since several of the contenders have been described by posters as "strong" or "practicing" Christians.

My thought was that as popular as both Kip and Reid were, we never heard the words Church or Christian associated with either or them; therefore, those contenders most likely applied with Jake in mind.

ETA: I just found this in an interview/media article:

Re: Bachelor 14--Jake Pavelka--Media and Interviews--No Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'The Bachelor''s Jake Pavelka is a Hopeful Romantic'

(snipped for space)
    As "The Bachelor," there is no chance that Jake can finish last. He will have his choice of 25 women, many of whom only auditioned after learning that Jake was the new "Bachelor."
    Last edited by Bloomers; 12-23-2009 at 09:05 AM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3775769;
    Jake indicated that someone from his Church nominated him which it seems may have sent out a certain message as well since several of the contenders have been described by posters as "strong" or "practicing" Christians.

My thought was that as popular as both Kip and Reid were, we never heard the words Church or Christian associated with either or them; therefore, those contenders most likely applied with Jake in mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(snipped for space)
    As "The Bachelor," there is no chance that Jake can finish last. He will have his choice of 25 women, many of whom only auditioned after learning that Jake was the new "Bachelor."
    There ya go. I personally don't think Gia was one of those. But i can see others genuinely being there for jake.

I think many of us didn't really buy into Jake's role last season becuase we are aware of TPTB, to the general viewing audience though, he is a DREAM!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3775802;
    There ya go. I personally don't think Gia was one of those. But i can see others genuinely being there for jake.

I think many of us didn't really buy into Jake's role last season becuase we are aware of TPTB, to the general viewing audience though, he is a DREAM!
    Notice the wording "Many of whom". All of us who sleuth know they are going to cast some purely for the drama, etc.
    It would be interesting to see how Gia got onto the show!
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Even though Jake seems too needy for me, I guess others really think he is awesome. My friend lives in his development here in Dallas area, she has been watching to see if there is any activity coming from his home an it is dead quiet there. Maybe he is at his parents home.

Well we shall see maybe he will be different on his season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redheadmiss;3775814;
    Even though Jake seems too needy for me, I guess others really think he is awesome. My friend lives in his development here in Dallas area, she has been watching to see if there is any activity coming from his home an it is dead quiet there. Maybe he is at his parents home.

Well we shall see maybe he will be different on his season.
    Usually, they film him at his home before the season starts. Also, IF he is with somebody, (if!) they will meet at the producers' secret house (we believe) in L. A. at certain intervals.

I guess there's an article about Jake in Life & Style magazine out and Chris said something about Jake not being the kind of guy that says 'Let's get drunk and make out in the hot tub' and I couldn't help but think of 'Hey, did he just dog off Jason and Jillian'? Just teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3775769;

(snipped for space)
    Although I'm starting to agree that they cast with the presumption that Jake would probably be the choice, this statement can't be correct. Unlike Jason's season, they didn't publicly announce Jake as TB until a few days before filming began. Women may have auditioned hoping he was the one, and they may have confirmed it to them and sworn them to secrecy (or threatened them with financial ruin more likely), but nobody except insiders knew for sure it was Jake until the last minute.

Jake I believe was the early pick of producers to be TB when the show began airing. As things developed differently with fans, I'm guessing that both Reid and Kip were approached at the ATFR taping late July, and both got back to the producers shortly thereafter with lists of demands and attorneys in tow, while Jake was doing backflips and anxiously waving his pen to sign the contract. They went through the whole internet charade of "who will be the next Bachelor?" to gauge how unpopular a choice Jake would really be compared to the other two, and when they saw he more or less held his own, they continued casting with him in mind. rather than enter into lengthy and possibly fruitless negotiations with the other two.

+ Reply to Thread