+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 254 FirstFirst ... 151201241242243244245246247248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2537

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

bios are up.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

More hilarity (full interview available with link in media thread) -- NY Post Q &

Q: You’ve said you "believe in the process" of meeting someone on The Bachelorette or The Bachelor. But a lot of the couples from the show break up.

Jake Pavelka: I don’t understand why more haven’t worked out. They make it possible to completely ignore the camera. They don’t put you in weird situations. They've never said “Can you retake this?” or “Can you say this?” Everything was realistic.

EDITOR'S NOTE: What a liar.

Q: Did you know right away who your favorites would be?

Jake Pavelka: I heard that I’d probably know my final four would be as they were getting out of the limos [on the season premiere episode]. But to be honest, I had absolutely no idea for several episodes who the final four would be.

bet he picks a blonde. maybe even the blonde pilot

good to see 2 Canadians in the mix.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Jake Pavelka Gets A Second Chance At Love On 'The Bachelor'

American women fell in love with Jake Pavelka on last season's "The Bachelorette," even though he didn't get the final rose from Jillian Harris. Now the handsome, 31-year-old, commercial pilot from Dallas gets another shot at love when he premieres as "The Bachelor."

"Some people are engineered to be alone, but I am not one of them," Jake declares as the new season is about to premiere.

Twenty-five gorgeous gals show up -- one even dressed as a co-pilot -- for the first episode of the dating series, and then things get rough! It's blondes vs. brunettes with Jake as the quarterback for a spontaneous game of touch football with the women in gorgeous gowns.

"A lot of the women have done some very clever things to get my attention," Jake adds. "Some of them really opened my eyes. Wow! The seat belt sign is on."

"The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love" two-hour premiere airs Monday, January 4 at 8 p.m. on ABC.

The video is of the football game: blondes vs. brunettes

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3769317;
    I haven't done that, Tiffany, but some people have done that and gotten responses.
    Wow, I'm surprised! Especially with the volume of messages they must get! That's really cool! Thanks, Chrisg!

"You were part of a big confrontation with Wes last season. Have you seen or spoken to him since last season?"

"Jake: I have not seen or spoken with him. My Facebook is deactivated--when you start the show, it starts getting out of control, so it's easier to just shut the account down--but on Facebook, he's one of my friends. I wish the guy well, I don't know that we'll ever be best friends, but I wish the guy well. He's a talented artist."

Uuuuuhhhhh.. did he say that because of my question?? Ahahahaha..

Welcome, TiffanyJ. Jake is being a tad ingenuous. We have learned in past seasons that production requires the contestants and lead to close their social network sites prior to filming and keep them closed until after the contestants' last air date. This restriction is ignored at times, but the choice to shut down his Facebook Account was not Jake's. Because of an incidental flow of words during a radio interview after his departure las Bachette, I take what he says with more than one grain of salt. At that time he claimed he had dated Melissa Rycroft prior to her gig on the Bach. She refuted his statement and I tend to believe her over him. Sometimes it appears as though he tries a tad too hard to make himself look good in the press...so listen and look carefully.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

With his statement in that interview about telling producers that he would not propose unless he was feeling it, makes me think maybe we will see a ring-on-a-string ending this time around AGAIN. That suits me just fine. The longer I watch this show and read the film scheduling on FORT, it makes me see how short a time period we are talking about here. Not to mention relationships with multiple women at the same time.

Six weeks is such a short time to become engaged and promise to love forever. I dated my dh over 4 years before we married, but of course I was 15 and he was 16 when we started dating. We've been married for over 37 years now. We've been together almost our entire lives.

I think The Bachelor should just choose someone he would like to further the relationship with in the "real world" and see where it goes instead of proposing and giving her ring at the FRC.

Jake was right when he said he had the most beautiful women of any season. They really are lovely, but I hope there are a few that have beautiful hearts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3771728;
    With his statement in that interview about telling producers that he would not propose unless he was feeling it, makes me think maybe we will see a ring-on-a-string ending this time around AGAIN. That suits me just fine. The longer I watch this show and read the film scheduling on FORT, it makes me see how short a time period we are talking about here. Not to mention relationships with multiple women at the same time.

Six weeks is such a short time to become engaged and promise to love forever. I dated my dh over 4 years before we married, but of course I was 15 and he was 16 when we started dating. We've been married for over 37 years now. We've been together almost our entire lives.

I think The Bachelor should just choose someone he would like to further the relationship with in the "real world" and see where it goes instead of proposing and giving her ring at the FRC.

Jake was right when he said he had the most beautiful women of any season. They really are lovely, but I hope there are a few that have beautiful hearts as well.
    I recommend checking out the each of the ladies threads and get a sense of who they are.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3771231;
    Welcome, TiffanyJ. Jake is being a tad ingenuous. We have learned in past seasons that production requires the contestants and lead to close their social network sites prior to filming and keep them closed until after the contestants' last air date. This restriction is ignored at times, but the choice to shut down his Facebook Account was not Jake's. Because of an incidental flow of words during a radio interview after his departure las Bachette, I take what he says with more than one grain of salt. At that time he claimed he had dated Melissa Rycroft prior to her gig on the Bach. She refuted his statement and I tend to believe her over him. Sometimes it appears as though he tries a tad too hard to make himself look good in the press...so listen and look carefully.
    Thanks, Arielflies! That makes sense! So, how can you tell if a Facebook account's been deactivated or deleted for sure?

I didn't hear that interview (do you know where I can?), but they're both from Texas so that *might* be true! Maybe she just wanted to keep it on the QT?

You think? Jake said he's a "people pleaser" so maybe that's something that's *always* in the back of his mind?

I don't know, for some reason, I actually believe him! Someone said they think it's his small town nature and he just appears really naive (or something along those lines) and I tend to believe that - not so much because of what he says as much as how he says it.. I really don't think you can "fake" the person he portrays.. he appears to be really genuine.. maybe I'm the one who's naive!

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3771728;

I soooo agree and really if Fleiss wants to put a new spin on the franchise, maybe they should have follow up shows to chart the progress of the couple or maybe even all the couples out there. At least the ones that have not made it down the aisle and are still together. I think a recap show, looking back at all the seasons and what happened with all the couples would be something people would be very very interested in. But I can imagine the Bachelor show might have some reasons not to want to go back and discuss all the seasons [can we say Grant/Lamas season] and of course not everyone is going to want to cooperate. They are not under contract anymore they are freeeeeeeeeeee.

+ Reply to Thread