+ Reply to Thread

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3725330;
    I agree that many of those who go on these type of shows develop friendships and romances. That is obvious from many of them getting media attention and from their tweets and websites, etc.

But, IMO, regarding a long-term romantic relationship (which this show markets), it is in spite of the storyline, scripting, manipulation and cameras.

It would be interesting to know how much time the "star" spends with each "contestant", on-camera and off.
    That is the main problem with this show, I absolutely agree. I think I just like holding onto that last thread of reality.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3725409;
    That is the main problem with this show, I absolutely agree. I think I just like holding onto that last thread of reality.
    Or fantasy (for me).

I just do not believe that anyone goes on this type of show expecting to find true love. They do it for the adventure, travel, perks, money, career opportunities, ventures, and/or attention. There are probably some that I am leaving out.

If they EXPECT to meet their lifelong partner, then their hopes are too high. But it could happen.

The PI's where they lie about their intentions are really getting old.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

VelvetRed - love your little quote at the bottom:

The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

So true IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;3725420;
    VelvetRed - love your little quote at the bottom:

So true IMO.
    Thanks! It evolved during my transition from (naive) believer to jaded viewer. I'd have to search my posts, but there was a revelation (albeit belated) when I realized that the moon wasn't really full at the time of filming.

I'm quite sure that Survivor and tons of other "reality" shows do it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3725416;
    Or fantasy (for me).

I just do not believe that anyone goes on this type of show expecting to find true love. They do it for the adventure, travel, perks, money, career opportunities, ventures, and/or attention. There are probably some that I am leaving out.

If they EXPECT to meet their lifelong partner, then their hopes are too high. But it could happen.

The PI's where they lie about their intentions are really getting old.
    I have read many of your posts where you firmly state your opinion of this show, and I enjoy reading everyone's perspective and thoughts on different situations.

My question, is why do you watch? I am really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3725447;
    I have read many of your posts where you firmly state your opinion of this show, and I enjoy reading everyone's perspective and thoughts on different situations.

My question, is why do you watch? I am really curious.
    I've only watched several of the seasons, and not completely (missed episodes or parts of episodes). It all depends on my interest level in the cast and outside factors. The seasons that I have seen the most of are DeAnna's, Jason's and Jillian's. I still wish that I had seen all of Brad's season (his decision to not propose made perfect sense to me).

After realizing how fake the show is, my interest has mostly been from entertainment and production standpoints. I think the filming of the outdoor scenery is often quite good, as well as the use of music, and sometimes the clothing is interesting or even awesome. It's been very interesting to learn about edits and storylines in the "reality" genre.

Plus, I like the eye candy but there's more potential eye candy on the Bachette. It's been nice to like the editted versions of some of the cast, and identify with them. Some of the interactions between cast members and family/friends are entertaining in fun, touching or snarky ways. I really do love the travel to different places and the date activities.

There are times when I am touched by the romantic stuff (if it seems real), and can even occasionally get caught up in the fantasy, but I don't see it as a feasible long-term romance vehicle at all.

My reasons for viewing sound very similar to the reasons that some go on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3725392;
    It's definitely his silouhette.
    But why would they put him in there if he wasn't the Bach?? Who would even think to consider him, except for the few obsessed here!!
    TPTB have done this same thing before.
    Remember this sc from HDDA's season??

This was not Andy Baldwin.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Truth Seeker in Reality Chi Town Steppe's Avatar

I had to laugh...was watching an old episode of "ER" this morning and the docs were gathered around talking when one of them mentioned seeing the "Survivor" TV series. To which Dr. John Carter replied, "Reality TV. One of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse." I busted out laughing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3725313;
    I for one really liked Mark. Another Bachelor with Chicago area roots (Woodstock) far NW Chicago area suburb in McHenry County.

He discussed how his last GF had cheated on him with Jillian. And when all the men were talking about Jesse on a date with Jill, Mark's description of Jesse was "he reminds me of the guy your GF cheats with".

From this man's perspective he would be a good choice.
    I also really like Mark. He and Reid were my two top picks initially. I think his standing up to David in the Juan bashing sealed it for me. From the little we saw of him, I think he'd make a great bachelor...Jillian said he had depth, I think he "gets it" and would not be so taken in by MF as some,he appears bright, (runs two companies at the age of 27) he is gorgeous, seems like a nice guy...I can go on...however, just as they used a fake bachelor model for Andy's season ads, I suspect this is the same. However, if MF wants a bachelor we can like (unlike Jake), I say Mark would be a good choice.

Mark the Pizza dude lol Okay that just not right fleismaster
    Altho he would be better than Jake the fake thats for sure. Anything would be better than Jake the fake.

+ Reply to Thread