+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 254 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 2537

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

  1. #141
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wings0nline;3683062;
    Of the three I keep reading about, Reid would be my preference. But, as I recall, he had much trouble making choices and/or any commitment.
    If Reid were TB rest assured he'd be able to make the decisions that need to be made. His inability to make decisions was played up by his edit. Reid is analytical and knows what he wants out of life. IMO

    Jake would not even be a choice. If he truly is a commercial airline pilot, even for a tiny *feeder* airline, and sees/meets an abundance of fresh, young, pretty, etc., Flight Attendants every time he goes to work .... and still been unable to find a *suitable* wife-to-be .... I have to go
    If Jake were TB, TPTB may try to capitalize on him being a pilot-- however, people forget that (as I understand it) he has not been working as a pilot but in fact owns and runs a limousine company. That doesn't have the same sex appeal that a pilot has.... again IMO.

  2. #142
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,842

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    No answers - just thoughts......

    Preseason inside posts had a contender from Texas who loved the two step, was a great ( and good-looking) guy but was definitely there for the wrong reason. The sleuthers see-sawed between Wes and Jake, but many felt like the posts referred to Jake because he got the concert date that evolved around the country singer and the dancing. Although we didn't see it in the actual edit itself, we did see the preview where Wes accused Jake of wanting to be the next Bachelor which would fit into the preseason source's information ( being there for the wrong reason).

    From what we have already seen and heard of Jake, he would be the most malleable for the producers. He has already shown himself to pretty much be a "yes man" for them. It seems obvious to me that he wants the job.

    It looked like to me and several of the the other sleuthers that Kip was edited from the preview shots to be the F2 and the next Bachelor. We talked about the reasons/evidence fairly often as the season progressed.

    It is obvious that Kip does not need to be the Bachelor ever to get anything he wants with the exception of more money for his charity. He is not going to give them much drama to work with which means they would have to get it from the women. ( Pick out the craziest woman in every season and insert her right here.)

    Reid took everybody by surprise. He was edited extremely well, and he became the huge fan favorite very much in the same way that Jillian was the fan favorite during Jason's season.
    Our inside on Reid, Lisamill, who was basically right on what she told us, has said that the problem with Reid is that he was demanding more money than they wanted to pay him.

    Editing....on Reid.... This is Fleiss - we have to remember that. If Reid takes the Bachelor, Fleiss will go for the quirks and blow them wide open. You can absolutely count on it.
    In his last interview, Fleiss (paraphrased) said that reality tv needs to be trash tv to be successful. Although that is paraphrased, that is the gist, and he used the words "trash tv". We have seen what he has done with the last 3 seasons. If you take what Fleiss says, and you put it with what you have seen, then you can anticipate what the next season will be like.
    If he has to pay Reid the kind of money Reid wants, Fleiss will take take the gloves off when he goes after Reid in the edit.

    Although the producers might like someone fresh, I suspect they will go with one of the three. Both Fleiss and Chris Harrison have referred to the three as the choices.

    Personally, I think Reid was the most popular choice when the producers monitored both the message boards and voting sites. Unfortunately, I think they can do an awful hatchet editing job on Reid as well (which I find very discouraging), but I have to question if they will come up with the money which someone indicated might be $300,000 which for this show ( which is not DWTS) is extremely sizable.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 08-29-2009 at 12:26 PM.

  3. #143
    FORT Fanatic french dip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    47
    Posts
    536

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by wings0nline;3683062;
    Of the three I keep reading about, Reid would be my preference. But, as I recall, he had much trouble making choices and/or any commitment. - - - -

    Jake would not even be a choice. If he truly is a commercial airline pilot, even for a tiny *feeder* airline, and sees/meets an abundance of fresh, young, pretty, etc., Flight Attendants every time he goes to work .... and still has been unable to find a *suitable* wife-to-be .... I have to go to myself.

    [I'm retired from a major carrier. My husband is a doctor. Pilots are notorious for hitting on any F/A, even just for a one time quick "afternoon delight" encounter. We were all used to it, and it was an awesome job in the 1960's thru the 1980's !!]

    I'd opt for any type of emergency airplane evacuation, before enduring a lasagna/wine tasting test with Kip's mother. That would be very frightening !! Worse ... to have her as my mother-in-law. [Sorry, Ms. Kip.]

    Even though I do recycle used trash .... in this case, I think the best choice would be a completely, brand new bachelor. And, eliminate these unreal trips around the world. Keep the $$ here in the USA.

    After watching Fleiss and his *need* for those high rating numbers, I doubt that anything will change. I've watched his latest project .... More To Love .... and I'm completely disgusted by it.

    Not only by these [mostly] morbidly obese, needy, insecure, desperate, instantly in love, etc., VERY young women, but the morbidly obese bachelor, himself. Too creepy for any words to adequately describe. - - -

    Thank God for cable and, now, the ability to watch movies and missed TV shows on the internet.

    Just my 2 cents. Sorry, in advance, if I've offended anyone and slightly going OT.
    Wow...did I get censored earlier? I replied to this post agreeing about Kip's mom (she seems like an elitist snob) and that TPTB should use our own beautiful country as locations for the show.

    However, I also commented that it seems overweight people are the last acceptable targets of disgust and ridicule.

    Forgive me if I seem confused and please let me know what IS proper to post.

  4. #144
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Bloomers, I agree with a lot of what you say but I also think that TPTB will not forget "who butters their bread"... they will want to give viewers the candidate that they want. I am also afraid of the editting that they may do with Reid but, I think it was Kiptyn who said, the person has to give them the words (the way that Wes did). I think that Reid is smart and genuine and would be able to handle himself -- just my opinion. If he is TB and they cut him to shreds I will know that it is the doing of the editting and a true picture of what Reid's character is. Again, JMO.

  5. #145
    FORT Fanatic cfck2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    536

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3683199;
    Bloomers, I agree with a lot of what you say but I also think that TPTB will not forget "who butters their bread"... they will want to give viewers the candidate that they want. I am also afraid of the editting that they may do with Reid but, I think it was Kiptyn who said, the person has to give them the words (the way that Wes did). I think that Reid is smart and genuine and would be able to handle himself -- just my opinion. If he is TB and they cut him to shreds I will know that it is the doing of the editting and a true picture of what Reid's character is. Again, JMO.
    The smartest and most genuine person in the world can easily wind up looking bad if the casting results in candidates who bring out the worst in him/her and if producers manipulate situations to bring out the worst in all concerned. Reid and Kiptyn are both smart and solid guys but they don't control who Fleiss casts and they can't do their own background checks to figure out any possible agendas or skeletons in the closet that would come out and make for tabloid fodder if the person became F1.

    The producers of this show are masters of exploiting weakness and let's face it, Reid and Kiptyn each have weaknesses, whatever they may be. Reid's have already been made more obvious via the B'ette edit, it's just that he caught on with the public and ended up seeming more charming because of them. I wouldn't expect that to carry over into a Bachelor season with Reid as the star.

    I'd actually enjoy a Bachelor season that was more about quirkiness and humor than drama but let's face it, Mike "Booyah!" Fleiss could not have made it more clear in his comments after this B'ette season that he loves the drama and he loves the revelations coming out after the fact. Their MO is to string viewers along for a few weeks, making them believe that yes, THIS is the season where there WILL actually be another true love connection with a chance in the real world a la Trista/Ryan and then POW! the crap will hit the fan before long and we'll all be smacking our own foreheads for ever thinking things would change on this show.

  6. #146
    FORT Fanatic Mich_ReidFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lebron James Town
    Posts
    477

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3683191;
    No answers - just thoughts......

    Preseason inside posts had a contender from Texas who loved the two step, was a great ( and good-looking) guy but was definitely there for the wrong reason. The sleuthers see-sawed between Wes and Jake, but many felt like the posts referred to Jake because he got the concert date that evolved around the country singer and the dancing. Although we didn't see it in the actual edit itself, we did see the preview where Wes accused Jake of wanting to be the next Bachelor which would fit into the preseason source's information ( being there for the wrong reason).

    From what we have already seen and heard of Jake, he would be the most malleable for the producers. He has already shown himself to pretty much be a "yes man" for them. It seems obvious to me that he wants the job.

    It looked like to me and several of the the other sleuthers that Kip was edited from the preview shots to be the F2 and the next Bachelor. We talked about the reasons/evidence fairly often as the season progressed.

    It is obvious that Kip does not need to be the Bachelor ever to get anything he wants with the exception of more money for his charity. He is not going to give them much drama to work with which means they would have to get it from the women. ( Pick out the craziest woman in every season and insert her right here.)

    Reid took everybody by surprise. He was edited extremely well, and he became the huge fan favorite very much in the same way that Jillian was the fan favorite during Jason's season.
    Our inside on Reid, Lisamill, who was basically right on what she told us, has said that the problem with Reid is that he was demanding more money than they wanted to pay him.

    Editing....on Reid.... This is Fleiss - we have to remember that. If Reid takes the Bachelor, Fleiss will go for the quirks and blow them wide open. You can absolutely count on it.
    In his last interview, Fleiss (paraphrased) said that reality tv needs to be trash tv to be successful. Although that is paraphrased, that is the gist, and he used the words "trash tv". We have seen what he has done with the last 3 seasons. If you take what Fleiss says, and you put it with what you have seen, then you can anticipate what the next season will be like.
    If he has to pay Reid the kind of money Reid wants, Fleiss will take take the gloves off when he goes after Reid in the edit.

    Although the producers might like someone fresh, I suspect they will go with one of the three. Both Fleiss and Chris Harrison have referred to the three as the choices.

    Personally, I think Reid was the most popular choice when the producers monitored both the message boards and voting sites. Unfortunately, I think they can do an awful hatchet editing job on Reid as well (which I find very discouraging), but I have to question if they will come up with the money which someone indicated might be $300,000 which for this show ( which is not DWTS) is extremely sizable.
    Where did the $300,000 figure come from? I wouldn't blame Reid for wanting that much. Sound like a fair counter from him. Real Estate is starting to pick up now. Plus, once the bachelor is over, I'm sure he will have a bit of a mess to clean up at his company. Before the economy went sour, real estate agents were making a great living. Some were bringing in close to 300k a year. (I work for a bank. I talk to customers in default on their accounts. Some were literally making at least 20k a month. Now they are bringing in 2k if they are lucky). If what you are saying is true, Reid will be the highest paid bachelor ever and he deserves it IMO. He made this past season a success. That is pocket change to ABC. But should be interesting to see if they are willing to give Reid pocket change when they can give out almost nothing to somebody else.
    Last edited by Mich_ReidFan; 08-29-2009 at 05:58 PM.
    ~Michelle will only watch the bachelor if Reid is THE bachelor!!!~

  7. #147
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3683239;
    The smartest and most genuine person in the world can easily wind up looking bad if the casting results in candidates who bring out the worst in him/her and if producers manipulate situations to bring out the worst in all concerned. Reid and Kiptyn are both smart and solid guys but they don't control who Fleiss casts and they can't do their own background checks to figure out any possible agendas or skeletons in the closet that would come out and make for tabloid fodder if the person became F1.

    The producers of this show are masters of exploiting weakness and let's face it, Reid and Kiptyn each have weaknesses, whatever they may be. Reid's have already been made more obvious via the B'ette edit, it's just that he caught on with the public and ended up seeming more charming because of them. I wouldn't expect that to carry over into a Bachelor season with Reid as the star.

    I'd actually enjoy a Bachelor season that was more about quirkiness and humor than drama but let's face it, Mike "Booyah!" Fleiss could not have made it more clear in his comments after this B'ette season that he loves the drama and he loves the revelations coming out after the fact. Their MO is to string viewers along for a few weeks, making them believe that yes, THIS is the season where there WILL actually be another true love connection with a chance in the real world a la Trista/Ryan and then POW! the crap will hit the fan before long and we'll all be smacking our own foreheads for ever thinking things would change on this show.
    I do understand what your point is and I know that I am being naive but I am choosing to think that the Reid that we saw on the B'ette would be fairly similar to the one that we will see on TB. I know that Fleiss is after drama and trash TV but, again, I think that this would not come from Reid but instead the ladies on the show. That being said, I think that Reid is a good judge of character (Uh oh, I know we've heard that before and were burned...) and will do his best to stay away from as much drama as he can. I'm not naive enough to think that it won't be somewhat of a dance for him. I think that watching him dance around the drama and finding a woman that he has a connection with will give TPTB the thrill that they are seeking. I truly don't think they are out to ruin anyone's life -- I do think that they feel that they are enhancing the bonding experience of the couple by exploiting the drama and setting up situations; a la "us against the world" and "that which does not kill us, makes us stronger". Again, I think that Reid understands their view and motivations and would be going into it with his eyes wide open....at least I hope so!

  8. #148
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,842

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mich_ReidFan;3683443;
    Where did the $300,000 figure come from? I wouldn't blame Reid for wanting that much. Sound like a fair counter from him. Real Estate is starting to pick up now. Plus, once the bachelor is over, I'm sure he will have a bit of a mess to clean up at his company. Before the economy went sour, real estate agents were making a great living. Some were bringing in close to 300k a year. (I work for a bank. I talk to customers in default on their accounts. Some were literally making at least 20k a month. Now they are bringing in 2k if they are lucky). If what you are saying is true, Reid will be the highest paid bachelor ever and he deserves it IMO. He made this past season a success. That is pocket change to ABC. But should be interesting to see if they are willing to give Reid pocket change when they can give out almost nothing to somebody else.
    I am no authority on Reid. Somewhere that figure floated across where I was reading. The reason I didn't reference it any stronger is because I can not remember where I read it, and honestly maybe I don't need to remember where I heard it.
    Do I think it is at all possible?
    Because he was the hands down fan favorite, I do think they wanted Reid. Real estate nationally has been a very slow market, and Reid was making statements that sounded fairly positive as to considering the position. Therefore, what would hold him back?
    Enter the remarks made by Lisamill that Reid was insisting upon a certain payment which the producers felt was too high.

    Here is what I know about salaries and what I can remember reading the old time super sleuthers saying:

    According to the old contract, the lead got something like $10,000 and wardrobe, etc. expenses.
    The F4 got stipends and wardrobe, etc. expenses.

    Most of the leads were in and of themselves well off ( think Aaron B2, Andrew Firestone B3, Jesse Palmer B5, PLO), and when most of them said they weren't paid, they weren't except for the small provisions provided in the old contract.

    Enter Jen Sheft ("America's Sweetheart") who was simply a working woman. We heard and believed that she was paid "60,000 for her stint as the Bachette. That was considered a big paycheck by all of us as the prevailing attitutude of the producers was that the people on the show's payment was the experience of being on the show.

    The producers wanted a doctor in the worst way, and we felt strongly that Dr. Travis Stork's student medical loans might have been paid off.

    In an interview, Jillian spoke of being paid enough to make up for the loss of her job, etc.

    The super sleuthers began to speak of the F4 being cast and some of them being paid ( as well as perhaps some of the "character" parts); however, we never heard of a salary.



    Last season, Reality Steve wrote of two applicants being offered $50,000 each supposedly for one to be the F1 and the other (not chosen F1) to be the next Bachelor. The word was that those two applicants turned down the offer.

    It became naturally accepted that the F4 were paid this last season, and because of the economy it simply became accepted and acceptable for the guys to be paid to be on the show.

    However, we have never heard of anything like $300,000. Is that realistic? How much was DeAnna, Jason, and Jillian paid? Did Reid make it that high thinking, "Take it or leave it; I don't really care," or did he place that high of a figure ( if indeed he did) on himself thinking that if he was going to expose himself to that kind of editing, he should get paid well for it, or was he thinking it was a combination of all of those things plus compensation for the time he would be away from his job?

    Again, I am no Reid authority, so what I have said on Reid is speculation. The rest of it is as I remember it. Perhaps others can fill in as they remember more.

  9. #149
    FORT Regular ecbyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    94

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3683633;
    However, we have never heard of anything like $300,000. Is that realistic? How much was DeAnna, Jason, and Jillian paid? Did Reid make it that high thinking, "Take it or leave it; I don't really care," or did he place that high of a figure ( if indeed he did) on himself thinking that if he was going to expose himself to that kind of editing, he should get paid well for it, or was he thinking it was a combination of all of those things plus compensation for the time he would be away from his job?
    Thanks for all of the good info Bloomers! Reid seems to be a pretty savvy businessman, so I think that any compensation he asked for is due to the risk he will be taking with his reputation from the edit. Realtors rely heavily on their reputations to obtain and retain customers. Therefore, if Reid thinks that the edit would negatively affect his business for a period of time, I think he is simply asking for the money it will take to survive that time and grow his business back to normal.

  10. #150
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    After CH tweeted that the Bachelor had not been selected yet, but be patient because they are close, this exchange took place.

    gmatt908 tweeted:

    @Chrisharrison I'm surprised. I read on a website that Kiptyn had already been selected. I guess we will all have to wait.

    CH answered back:

    @gmatt908 if it's on a website or in US magazine it must be true!! I'd go with that.


    I don't know if CH was being sarcastic or not.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.