+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3680179;
    Has Kip actually said that he wants to be the next BACH? I agree that if he wants it he should have it, but has he really stated that?
    He's given the standard "It'd be a great opportunity but I have a lot of questions" answer repeatedly. Recently, he said if they picked him, he'd want the women selected to be chosen with him in mind and ones that share mutual interests and outlooks.

I fear for Kip should he become TB or anyone else for that matter.. TPTB are addicted to making the post-show PR buzz greater than the show to extend its lifespan. So even if Kip found love or like - TPTB would find some way to ruin it at the end or post-show.

The faux drama is being called out in the press - from MSNBC:

Reality TV scandals aren’t just on the screen

On another popular network series, the men of "The Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" proved they can generate just as many headlines as the ABC series' women have done previously. First, Jason Mesnick dumped Molly Malaney, proposed to Melissa Rycroft, and then dumped Melissa and picked Molly during the reunion, which crushed his good-guy reputation and led to allegations that the whole thing had been staged by producers, which they deny.

"The Bachelorette" ended with more scandal, from allegations that winner Ed was cheating on Jillian with two other women, to bachelor Wes claiming on-camera that he'd had a secret girlfriend all along. He later said producers fabricated his on-screen persona, which producers deny, and probably love, since this kind of drama has brought the aging franchise new life.
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 08-27-2009 at 12:00 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3680160;
    Older topic but I did pull up a Kiptyn Locke search on Twitter and found that the referenced spoiler about him being the Bachelor was from a Reality Show spoiler site and posted about two weeks ago. That was about the time Kip said in an interview that he would know within two weeks if he gets the gig. I guess HE should know soon, and us not until next month sometime.

I've already made my sentiments clear about NOT wanting him to be chewed up by the machine. Once he gets into the system, his detractors will crawl out from every corner of cyberspace and it won't be pretty. IF he does get the gig, I'll watch, but not read or post, though that will be very hard as I'm as much a FORT junkie as anyone here.
    These are my feelings exactly regarding Kip as next bachelor. As much as I'd love to see him on TV, I would really have to force myself to stay off of message boards like this that will just chew him up for every little thing. I'd love to see more of Kip's personality though. He made a comment in a recent interview that indicated that a lot of the goofy, embarrassing moments with Jillian were edited out and we never saw it.

FORT Newbie

Latest tweet from Chris Harrison: "New Bachelor still not been selected! We are close so be patient. Going to be a great season which premieres Monday Jan 4th!"

At least we know now when it starts...but how does he know its going to be a great season if nobody has been selected yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MindyLu;3680688;
    Latest tweet from Chris Harrison: "New Bachelor still not been selected! We are close so be patient. Going to be a great season which premieres Monday Jan 4th!"

At least we know now when it starts...but how does he know its going to be a great season if nobody has been selected yet?
    Welcome to the Board!!!! Thanks for the laugh of the day!!!!

Likely because the storyboards are already in place - just waiting for cast members to act them out lol!

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Okay, so the three choices are Kip, Reid or Jake, right? Wonder why they are taking so long to decide. Probably because they are choosing all the perfect women for the guy and want to make sure they have some sincere matches made in heaven right? Probably more like they are looking long and hard for a couple of women who will fall apart after they are rejected the first night and cry buckets. . .. . . or maybe they are looking for a few who are willing to fight for the guy . . . No, seriously, I was thinking about the possible pros and cons for each guy --are here are my thots:

1) Kip. Pros: Promises to be a sultry season with lots of beach time. I'm sure they would showcase him shirtless and no one would be complaining. Seems like he really respects women and is honest, caring, real and kind. He is smart and has some insights into people. He's 31 so probably tired of random dates with girls -- wants to get serious. His mom is a counselor so she could size these women up on the HTD's.
    Cons: He is looking for that special connection with a certain type of lady. . . what if she's not there? He might pull a Brad and pick no one in the interest of being true to himself. He was pretty affectionate w/ Jill - he might come under fire for kissing too many girls. You know TPTB would focus on the physical stuff w/ Kip. He moves slowly - TPTB want full steam ahead-- proposal or else! He holds back on what he says to the girls until he's sure and he's not Mr. Drama so at least a few of the girls would have to be real characters!

2) Reid. Pros: He fell really hard for Jill so I think he's ready for a lasting relationship. He is hilarious and witty in an intelligent way. He's verbal and able to articulate cute things (remember flowers, snow and gasoline?), he's honest and real. He has some sort of hard to explain charm about him - made all the girls at FORT crazy. He can be impulsive in the name of love.
    Cons: He has that brash east coast thing sometimes and they might make him look snarky or snooty or sarcastic. He might be like a kid in a candy store. Sometimes these bachelors are a bit overwhelmed by the girls (u know what I mean- they go a bit crazy). He has some OCD tendencies - would these be endearing or get in the way?

3) Jake. Pros: TPTB have a willing subject who is more than willing to propose on TV to someone for sure, without a doubt. . He's cute in a certain sort of teen idol way. He seems like a gentleman, has values, respects women. I think he's ready -- maybe a little too ready, but all the better for TPTB.
    Cons: He's a Texan -- they love to tear up the Texans for some reason. He's kind of too, too much somehow. (Why was he crying so hard at that hotel?). Might struggle with breaking hearts. They might try to make all Christians look bad and that would just be so wrong.

After what happened with Jill's season I really hope they go for the love this next time. Drama is over-rated and the show is becoming too much. Guess we shall find out soon enough -- just my speculations for fun!
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

They were seriously considering a soap opera star for The Bachelorette when Ellen weighed in on the deal and got Deanna the job. And it has been downhill since then.

Perhaps they have a newbie in mind and will relieve their dependence on retreads - thus refreshing the gene pool for the next round of spinoffs.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3682068;
    Okay, so the three choices are Kip, Reid or Jake, right? Wonder why they are taking so long to decide. Probably because they are choosing all the perfect women for the guy and want to make sure they have some sincere matches made in heaven right? Probably more like they are looking long and hard for a couple of women who will fall apart after they are rejected the first night and cry buckets. . .. . . or maybe they are looking for a few who are willing to fight for the guy . . . No, seriously, I was thinking about the possible pros and cons for each guy --are here are my thots:

1) Kip. Pros: Promises to be a sultry season with lots of beach time. I'm sure they would showcase him shirtless and no one would be complaining. Seems like he really respects women and is honest, caring, real and kind. He is smart and has some insights into people. He's 31 so probably tired of random dates with girls -- wants to get serious. His mom is a counselor so she could size these women up on the HTD's.
    Cons: He is looking for that special connection with a certain type of lady. . . what if she's not there? He might pull a Brad and pick no one in the interest of being true to himself. He was pretty affectionate w/ Jill - he might come under fire for kissing too many girls. You know TPTB would focus on the physical stuff w/ Kip. He moves slowly - TPTB want full steam ahead-- proposal or else! He holds back on what he says to the girls until he's sure and he's not Mr. Drama so at least a few of the girls would have to be real characters!

2) Reid. Pros: He fell really hard for Jill so I think he's ready for a lasting relationship. He is hilarious and witty in an intelligent way. He's verbal and able to articulate cute things (remember flowers, snow and gasoline?), he's honest and real. He has some sort of hard to explain charm about him - made all the girls at FORT crazy. He can be impulsive in the name of love.
    Cons: He has that brash east coast thing sometimes and they might make him look snarky or snooty or sarcastic. He might be like a kid in a candy store. Sometimes these bachelors are a bit overwhelmed by the girls (u know what I mean- they go a bit crazy). He has some OCD tendencies - would these be endearing or get in the way?

3) Jake. Pros: TPTB have a willing subject who is more than willing to propose on TV to someone for sure, without a doubt. . He's cute in a certain sort of teen idol way. He seems like a gentleman, has values, respects women. I think he's ready -- maybe a little too ready, but all the better for TPTB.
    Cons: He's a Texan -- they love to tear up the Texans for some reason. He's kind of too, too much somehow. (Why was he crying so hard at that hotel?). Might struggle with breaking hearts. They might try to make all Christians look bad and that would just be so wrong.

After what happened with Jill's season I really hope they go for the love this next time. Drama is over-rated and the show is becoming too much. Guess we shall find out soon enough -- just my speculations for fun!
    smilingmomof3: You did a great job of presenting the pros and cons of each of the three. I still don't necessarily feel anyone but Jake is necessarily that crazy about being the next victim, er Bachelor. Perhaps the holdup is in seeing whether Reid or Kip will do it for the least cost to the show. This could be not only a monetary cost, but would likely include concessions, such as not being required to do certain things or control in editing. I'm rooting for Kip, but I just can't imagine WHY. Maybe he's been clever about hiding media aspirations?

Quote Originally Posted by MindyLu;3680688;

Um I beginning not to care since its probrably not Kip. I wont watch the finale stunt tool (Reid) or the hometown date tool (Jake) get their reward for doing so. For the first time in along while Im just not that enthused to watch.
    Altho it might be fun to watch Reid fall of his pedestal or the trainwreck that would be Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3682192;
    smilingmomof3: You did a great job of presenting the pros and cons of each of the three. I still don't necessarily feel anyone but Jake is necessarily that crazy about being the next victim, er Bachelor. Perhaps the holdup is in seeing whether Reid or Kip will do it for the least cost to the show. This could be not only a monetary cost, but would likely include concessions, such as not being required to do certain things or control in editing. I'm rooting for Kip, but I just can't imagine WHY. Maybe he's been clever about hiding media aspirations?
    Yes, smilingmomof3, I love your post too!

The only reason I can think for Kip to do the show is to promote awareness, or maybe even raising money, for the charities that he cares about. Per his interview, he understands the fame is only 15 minutes, not a forever thing, so at least he has a good head on his shoulder. I truly hope he won't be the next Bach so he can maintain a "perfect" image.
    Reid will be fun to watch. My only concern is he can be indecisive at times and seeks approvals from others. The whole process can be stressful and I don't want him to give in to TPTB's manipulation.
    I liked Jake, and thought he was handsome, well-spoken, and sincere - up till Wes' HTD, then I feel he is "fake", and will be Fless' puppy. Knowing TPTB only wants drama, I can watch Jake for entertainment without getting myself too emotionally involved, and that will be a good thing for me, LOL.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

+ Reply to Thread