+ Reply to Thread

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

FORT Newbie

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Hi All,
    I follow FORT for any info I can get about Reid. So, thanks to all for what's been available. I still so hope that he gets some kind of TV gig so his fans can follow up on how he's doing and don't , literally, loose sight of him.
    I've never been so invested in a bachelor although I've watched most of the series. I get tired of the heartbreak. Hopefully, for Jillian she has what she wanted. Unfortunately., the season was heartbreak for me (for Reid).
    To I<3JAY, nice picture---Federer is betterer than chocolate!

Yes, as someone upthread mentioned..the two handsome, real Princes got their hearts broken and Jillian kissed the frog, who really was a frog and never turned into a prince..lol

Payback comes in many forms. If ABC/Fleiss manipulated Reid and Kiptyn to the point they both felt Jillian loved them totally and would marry them, only to be rejected (especially Reid, actually 3 times, F3, FRC & AFRC), well shame on them. And TPTB may very well suffer the consequences from the loyal fans who also fell in love with Kiptyn and/or Reid, which seems to be almost the entire fan base of the show, for either one of these great guys.

So, when the ratings take a tumble and the show is so lousy, loyal viewers are bailing in droves, maybe the real good guys (Reid and Kiptyn) win in the end. That's what I hope. And Reid and Kiptyn are happier and more famous than they ever would have been with this joke of a show anyway.

FORT Fanatic

Has RS said today that it is Jake? I can't tell you how disappointed I will be with Jake as TB. I won't watch. I find the Bachelorette much more interesting as I tune in for the men on the show, not the women. The only way I watch the Bachelor is if it's a man I find interesting enough. I probably could have been interested in Jake if he was someone completely new and hadn't been on Jillian's season. I liked him upfront on Jillian's season until I saw more of him. Unfortunately, what I saw of him left me cold. I'm kind of surprised TPTB would go with Jake. Him wanting it so badly just tells me that he is insincere. I guess they couldn't get anyone else to do it. Personally, I'd like to see more seasons of the Bachelorette and less of the Bachelor.

Well, if Fleiss, and ABC wanted to get an early glimpse of the reaction of the hardcore fandom to Jake, you've certainly given it to them Forters.

My blog poll got the exact same results. Some people favored Reid; some Kip; and some wanted someone new entirely. But there was universal agreement among the hardcore followers that the one guy they did not want was Jake Pavelka and his cheese churning disingenuousness.

Congratulations Fleiss. I believe this particular act is referred to colloquially as crapping in your own hat.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3713089;
    Has RS said today that it is Jake? I can't tell you how disappointed I will be with Jake as TB. I won't watch. I find the Bachelorette much more interesting as I tune in for the men on the show, not the women. The only way I watch the Bachelor is if it's a man I find interesting enough. I probably could have been interested in Jake if he was someone completely new and hadn't been on Jillian's season. I liked him upfront on Jillian's season until I saw more of him. Unfortunately, what I saw of him left me cold. I'm kind of surprised TPTB would go with Jake. Him wanting it so badly just tells me that he is insincere. I guess they couldn't get anyone else to do it. Personally, I'd like to see more seasons of the Bachelorette and less of the Bachelor.
    Re the bolded, I've always felt this way. It's just so much more interesting to watch the guys and their 'animal house' bonding than a bunch of catty women all the time. This is where DeAnna's season was far superior to Jillian's IMO. We got to see lots more of the guys in general, not just when DeAnna was around or on dates. I shudder to think what they will do with Jake and his lovelies. But, I will be watching! Bring on the most. exciting. season. of. the. Bachelor. ever. (nod to the PimpMaster himself, CH).

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;3713098;
    Well, if Fleiss, and ABC wanted to get an early glimpse of the reaction of the hardcore fandom to Jake, you've certainly given it to them Forters.

My blog poll got the exact same results. Some people favored Reid; some Kip; and some wanted someone new entirely. But there was universal agreement among the hardcore followers that the one guy they did not want was Jake Pavelka and his cheese churning disingenuousness.

Congratulations Fleiss. I believe this particular act is referred to colloquially as crapping in your own hat.
    Jake was only abled to muster up 2% of the vote when the Glamour poll came out. I don't understand why TPTB has been relentless in keeping Jake in the running all this time. He shouldn't have even been considered.

ETA: Romanticsucker, I LOVED the part of Jake proposing to the limo driver on the first night if TPTB will tell him to.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-28-2009 at 05:24 PM.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

They should have done everything they could do to get Reid. He has a fanatical fan base, and he would have sooooooo funny and interesting. Jake if fake, and didn't he get booed at the Men Tell All? I have no problem with nice guys who are really looking for the one but Jake is weird. Plain and simple. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3713036;
    Honestly, this is the first time I'll be rooting (if I can stomach to watch, I'm not sure I can make it for 2 hours) for all the smart and nice women to be eliminated on the early rounds and that the final 3 are as fake as Jake, that way I don't have to feel bad for any of the women. And yes, this is also the first time I'll be rooting for a major trainwreck. I think Jake is making me cross over to the dark side.
    I have watched every season since the start with Alex, looking forward to each episode but if Jake is truly the chosen one this time around I doubt I will make it a priority to watch. How could Jake be chosen when he was such a goody too shoes and so bland!!!!Although when you think about it seems maybe it was a set up with him returning to tattle on Wes. There was a brief clip of Wes saying Jake was only there to be the next bachelor which wasn't shown in the actual episode, who would have thought Wes was such a clairvoyant??? Someone should have been as compassionate for Jillian and ratted Ed out,there were at least 2 guys who knew about him and his real gf's versus Wes and his long ago over gf. he ended up with only the hidden agenda but Jill knew about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3712197;
    I'm a bit bummed that it seems Jake is the chosen one but I'm such a big fan of this show in general that I would watch WHOEVER they choose!!! =)

I think it will be a hard season to sleuth though because I can see Jake falling for every girl in some kind of way that it will be hard to see who his true feelings are for.
    Sanlee you said it all and I could not have said it better.I have an obsession with the show and even having Jake as the Bachelor won't stop me from watching.I'll be able slueth/speculate without bias though this time.

I gennuinely think that Jake will totally be in love with both girls by the FRC and he'll have a breakdown trying to choose just one girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3713133;
    I have watched every season since the start with Alex, looking forward to each episode but if Jake is truly the chosen one this time around I doubt I will make it a priority to watch. How could Jake be chosen when he was such a goody too shoes and so bland!!!!Although when you think about it seems maybe it was a set up with him returning to tattle on Wes. There was a brief clip of Wes saying Jake was only there to be the next bachelor which wasn't shown in the actual episode, who would have thought Wes was such a clairvoyant??? Someone should have been as compassionate for Jillian and ratted Ed out,there were at least 2 guys who knew about him and his real gf's versus Wes and his long ago over gf. he ended up with only the hidden agenda but Jill knew about that.
    See, I don't know that Jake is such a goody two shoes. I never saw the real Jake on the show, all I saw was the act he put on. That's exactly what turned me off.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

+ Reply to Thread