+ Reply to Thread

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3712757;
    You're right....it was set up beautifully for either Kip or Reid to step into the role of the next Bachelor. However, I have to think that since sdl - our main inside source on this particular angle - said money was not a deciding factor, neither one of them wanted the job.

Both men are now at the zenith of personal popularity and no longer need the exposure. Kip, especially, never needed it in So. Cali with the women, and his charities have prospered significantly from his stint.
    From what has been reported, Reid had to hire somebody to manage the calls to separate those who wanted to talk to him personally from those who wanted to talk to him about business. He is now a very "hot item" with women.

Both men know exactly what can and most likely will be done with the edit.
    Reid's "quirks" would be blown completely out of proportion until he would be OCD over the top.
    Kip made the remark that ," They can't edit what you don't give them", and while that sounds correct, it really isn't. They can splice and dice the words until what is said is NOT what was said at all.They can make a suggestion that sounds reasonable at the time, but appears unreasonable when underhandedly edited. Kip basically understands that because he saw what they did with his mother.

It is my considered opinion, therefore, that neither one of those guys is the upcoming Bachelor because neither one of those guys wanted to be that guy.
    I think the bolded statement is why they won't do it in a nutshell. IMO, you have to be a certain type of person at this point in the game to even consider going on this show - i.e., the type that believes any publicity is good publicity. Jake fits that to a tee while, at least in my mind, neither Kip nor Reid do. While I think both of them might have considered it, as has been mentioned here before, I don't think it came down to money with either of them. I think it came down to them wanting more control over their edit and the producers not wanting to agree to that.

All that being said, I do believe Jake is the next Bachelor. But I wanted to throw something out there that I saw (I guess because with MF my conspiracy theory brain can not shut off) - last week I was reading people.com and one of the stories was just a simple vote for who you want as the next Bachelor. I thought it was strange being this far out, and the fact that they had done it before after the show ended. Anyway, Kip was way out front - Reid and Jake were almost tied (with Reid having a slight lead). I just thought it was interesting given that most polls done after the show ended seemed to favor Reid and even Jake, with Kip being third at that point. And I remember someone on here throwing something out there about TPTB manipulating poll results and/or saying someone was the fan favorite when they really weren't - Bloomers, I think you mentioned it with regard to Meredith.

So while I do think the ultimate plan is for Jake to be the next Bachelor, that poll and the results, together with some of Kip's tweets that have been listed here before - at least made me stop and go hmmmmm!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3712762;
    I think the bolded statement is why they won't do it in a nutshell. IMO, you have to be a certain type of person at this point in the game to even consider going on this show - i.e., the type that believes any publicity is good publicity. Jake fits that to a tee while, at least in my mind, neither Kip nor Reid do. While I think both of them might have considered it, as has been mentioned here before, I don't think it came down to money with either of them. I think it came down to them wanting more control over their edit and the producers not wanting to agree to that.

All that being said, I do believe Jake is the next Bachelor. But I wanted to throw something out there that I saw (I guess because with MF my conspiracy theory brain can not shut off) - last week I was reading people.com and one of the stories was just a simple vote for who you want as the next Bachelor. I thought it was strange being this far out, and the fact that they had done it before after the show ended. Anyway, Kip was way out front - Reid and Jake were almost tied (with Reid having a slight lead). I just thought it was interesting given that most polls done after the show ended seemed to favor Reid and even Jake, with Kip being third at that point. And I remember someone on here throwing something out there about TPTB manipulating poll results and/or saying someone was the fan favorite when they really weren't - Bloomers, I think you mentioned it with regard to Meredith. So while I do think the ultimate plan is for Jake to be the next Bachelor, that poll and the results, together with some of Kip's tweets that have been listed here before - at least made me stop and go hmmmmm!
    The selection of Meredith as Bachelorette was made pre-Tweets and with no evident, viable viewer imput which is what made her selection and their statement that, "The viewers demanded to see more of Meredith," so perplexing to most of us. We did???? Nobody on three boards concurred with that statement. Although people liked Meredith, and they felt compassion when her grandmother died, Meredith was F4, and we did not get that close or involved with Meredith on Blob's season - certainly not enough to clamour for her to be the next Bachelorette.

Yes, I do think they pulled that one out of the hat, so to speak. Will they do the same thing with Jake as the selection? I wouldn't put it past them; however, this is a different time and season. There have been numerous polls in different venues with different results. Although they can claim that the viewers overwhelmingly wanted to see Jake as the next Bachelor, there are all kinds of evidence to the contrary that many viewers wanted someone else depending on which poll is viewed. That evidence is right out in the open!
    Nevertheless, I never underestimate the gall of Fleiss and Co. We all know how outrageous it can get, and we suspect the end is yet to be in sight.

I suspect that the producers will make several concessions, but control over the edit is not one of them unless they are absolutely forced to do so. I strongly suspect they have done so only twice: The first time was under Travis Stork's contract. They wanted a doctor badly, and he really did NOT want to do this show. He was a young resident with one of the most prestigious medical universities. His professional "image" was important, and I think they were forced to edit him carefully. That season Moana (F2) got the biggest blast and others got a bad edit to a lesser extent.
    The next example I recall was Dr. Andy Baldwin who basically belongs to the United States Government, Dept. of the Navy. I highly suspect that his contract read that he wouldn't be edited too poorly either. Bevin, his F2, got the huge blast with some earlier contestants getting some poor edits as well.

Other than that, I suspect all the others were not given any control over their edits.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3712749;
    I think that he was their back up plan when all else failed given that he had some staying power with the casual audience. Perhaps they didn't want to deal with the will of actual real men like Kip and Reid who wanted to have more of a say in their destiny.

I could be wrong but I can see Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and House putting the hurt on Jake as TB's ratings. Also, NBC is supposed to have a good show on Monday nights now, too - Trauma. Then, add in two weeks of Olympic coverage in Feb. Seems like safe Jake could be a risk ratings wise over a Kip or Reid who have more appeal with the audience.

How odd that they set up The Bachelorette's storyboard to have two handsome princes at the end with broken hearts yet neither of them gets an Act II.

Perrhaps this could be the method to the madness for Fleiss. With the conflict of top rated shows AND the Olympics, it wouldn't have paid to go all out and get a big fan favorite and then have it wasted because of too much competition. If the locales for later episodes are only so-so and nothing compared to Jillian's, then that may signal they weren't willing to put big bucks or too much promotion money behind this season. Time will tell I suppose.

Well, Jake as Bachelor - thanks MF for giving me my Monday nights back.......

y'all enjoy watching that trainwreck - this is one I vow not to watch.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by tfsouth74;3712831;
    Perrhaps this could be the method to the madness for Fleiss. With the conflict of top rated shows AND the Olympics, it wouldn't have paid to go all out and get a big fan favorite and then have it wasted because of too much competition. If the locales for later episodes are only so-so and nothing compared to Jillian's, then that may signal they weren't willing to put big bucks or too much promotion money behind this season. Time will tell I suppose.
    ACtually - quite the opposite is true - if he intends on keeping his numbers up he really needed a great bachelor. After the past few seasons so many people are disheartened and fed up with this show. To showcase Jake (the bachelor who was there to become the next bachlor) could be a ratings disaster and could spell the beginning of the end. Good - I hope Jake tanks this series.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Here's a poll - they should've added another option "someone completely new"

POLL: Who Should Be the Next Bachelor? - PEOPLE TV Watch

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3712906;
    Here's a poll - they should've added another option "someone completely new"

POLL: Who Should Be the Next Bachelor? - PEOPLE TV Watch
    Well, it doesn't seem that TPTB are manipulating this poll (though I'm not sure why they still have it up if ABC will announce their choice about 2 weeks from now)...Jake still can't grab the lead, how's that for your next Bachelor?
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3712136;
    If you (any of you out there ) watch the show for pure enjoyment, then this will be good reasoning for you; however, if you are a sleuther or a potential/learning sleuther, then it may not make as good of sense to skip this season.
    Why? I used clues from every season since we got the new editors (beginning with Matt) to help me with the editing to come up with the idea that Ed was F1 by the time that they lined up in Spain for the F4 to F3 RC. The only question mark for me at that time was if Fleiss and Co was going for a new trick as in going from F3 to F1 for the shocker which had never been done. We saw that although they teased us with that, they did not do it, and the sleuthing clues held.
    Now, I need to see what they are going to do with this season in the way of editing in order to understand what may happen and how to interpret all of it in the next season whether it is another Bachelor or a Bachelorette.

I hope that makes sense.
    I haven't watched this series emotionally since Andy picked Tessa - but when I do watch the show (for red flag moments/chemistry edit/bad boy edits) I also want to be entertained enough not to cringe. Somehow Jason pulled off his season - I don't see ANY scenario where Jake can carry a season - Fleiss will load the cast with catty/busty/bimbo women and throw in a couple of keepers. Not interested.

Bloomers - If you can watch this show and be 'educated' for future seasons, you're a better woman than I.

The edits have been more and more haywire each season, to the point that previous seasons only create more muck, not clarity.

I haven't really posted since end of last season, but hopped on today to get the scoop... oh my, what a major disappointment.. Jake... UGH! Even if Reid or Kiptyn didn't want the spot, they would have done much better with a total newbie, IMHO. Guess I can do other things now on Monday night, like many of you. I may just watch/read a bit though, because it will be a blood bath in here... LOL. MF... what were you thinking????
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3712885;
    ACtually - quite the opposite is true - if he intends on keeping his numbers up he really needed a great bachelor. After the past few seasons so many people are disheartened and fed up with this show. To showcase Jake (the bachelor who was there to become the next bachlor) could be a ratings disaster and could spell the beginning of the end. Good - I hope Jake tanks this series.
    When I look at your avatar it boggles my mind that they skipped over Jesse and decided to zoom in on Jake. Why? Jesse is just so much more appealing and REAL than Jake. If they wanted 3 guys in the running it should have been Jesse, Kiptyn and Reid. Even though my heart is completely with Reid, I would have been happy with Jesse or Kip. I wouldn't be feeling so defeated and mad that they chose such a loser and now we have to endure CH shoving him down our throats like he's the one every woman in America wanted.

Honestly, this is the first time I'll be rooting (if I can stomach to watch, I'm not sure I can make it for 2 hours) for all the smart and nice women to be eliminated on the early rounds and that the final 3 are as fake as Jake, that way I don't have to feel bad for any of the women. And yes, this is also the first time I'll be rooting for a major trainwreck. I think Jake is making me cross over to the dark side.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

+ Reply to Thread