+ Reply to Thread

Thread: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

  1. #1011
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    962

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3712262;
    Ughh...Jake. You would think being from Dallas I would be all over this. . out on the scout. Searching. But nope.. .sorry just can't make the effort. I don't even think the fact that he is from Dallas will be a big enough hook to get me to watch.

    Shark steak anyone?
    Me too, hopelessroman-- I just can't get into thinking that the whole season is going to be Jake! That aside, I spent a little time "for the cause" and came up totally empty. If the producers are here in Dallas, they sure are keeping quiet about it. I even did a search within our local paper for Jake's name and it came back with not 1 match! If this turns out to be true, it's going to be like pulling teeth!

  2. #1012
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    I think the reaction to the possible next bachelor selection is due to the string of repeat cast members. When there was someone completely new, part of the fun was learning about that person, and they usually started with a clean slate. People were able to put away their feelings from the previous season and look ahead with new enthusiasm. Now there is just too much hangover from each previous disaster.

    I also think that while TPTB may think the continuing story and the created drama bring in ratings, that this board's reaction to another continuation is indicative of most viewers. The last couple of seasons have been exhausting with the hyped emotional levels and the intrigue - not about the show - but the background junk in people's lives. Every show is embroiled in controversy.

    I sporaticlly watched Jillian's show, and read the board in spurts, but after Matt, Deanna, Jason and then Jillian - I really didn't care who the last man standing was, nor whether anyone found "true love." I have been around for every show since Andrew faithfully ... I am just worn out with producers' antics. I cannot quite wean myself completely, but I certainly won't make my schedule around Monday nights.

    Kashathdiva, my friend - don't be a stranger - mostly because I'll miss you. You are a good friend and super person, straight and honest.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  3. #1013
    FORT Fogey pattycake92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,427

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Will not watch Jake. Don't find him attractive. He's way too short and goofy. Why oh Why did they choose him? Have they no sense?

  4. #1014
    FORT Fan I<3JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    269

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3712654;
    I think the reaction to the possible next bachelor selection is due to the string of repeat cast members. When there was someone completely new, part of the fun was learning about that person, and they usually started with a clean slate. People were able to put away their feelings from the previous season and look ahead with new enthusiasm. Now there is just too much hangover from each previous disaster.

    I also think that while TPTB may think the continuing story and the created drama bring in ratings, that this board's reaction to another continuation is indicative of most viewers. The last couple of seasons have been exhausting with the hyped emotional levels and the intrigue - not about the show - but the background junk in people's lives. Every show is embroiled in controversy.

    I sporaticlly watched Jillian's show, and read the board in spurts, but after Matt, Deanna, Jason and then Jillian - I really didn't care who the last man standing was, nor whether anyone found "true love." I have been around for every show since Andrew faithfully ... I am just worn out with producers' antics. I cannot quite wean myself completely, but I certainly won't make my schedule around Monday nights.
    I too have faithfully watched for many seasons, but I can honestly say....I will begin the weaning process. I fell hard last season, hoping that I was seeing a real love story with a real person who was realistic in his views of finding love. Bravo Reid!!! But Jillian wanted the sure thing, and ED (i still laugh) was that cheesy, slimy guy.

    So fellow FORTers, I do not want to see another cheesy, slimy guy. Yes it will be hard since many of my co-workers are avid fans and rely on my "sources" for information.

    I am positive the mystical force of my computer will draw me occasionally to sneak a few peeks here and there. But NEVER will I be drawn to "All Shucks" and "I Really Like You" and that silly a$$ smile. Never found Jake genuine only extremely annoying....

  5. #1015
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    101

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3712656;
    Will not watch Jake. Don't find him attractive. He's way too short and goofy. Why oh Why did they choose him? Have they no sense?
    Another season I won't watch either. When they quit recycling, I will start watching again..Same goes for The Bachorlette show.

  6. #1016
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    666

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3712298;
    Unfortunately I agree with you all that Jake is likely the next bachelor. He's too unbelievably earnest for me and if he has a good sense of humor he hides it well. Honestly I'd rather have someone in it for the wrong reason if he had an interesting personality.

    I've given up sleuthing permanently so that's not going to make it interesting. I'll probably watch in case someone will be the next bachelorette but not saving recordings. I really can't think of any bachelors I've liked other than Andrew and Charlie so I guess it doesn't really matter although I'd prefer Kiptyn if it has to be a recycled bachelor. Jerry where are you when we need you?
    Me too bean. Jake's earnestness was a huge turnoff for me very early in Jillian's season and I completely understood why she kicked him to the curb as early as she did. Thing is, we have to remember that Fort and several other boards aren't reflective of the general viewing public and Jake was hugely popular. I was browsing through a few old blogs from both Canadian and American sources last week and was almost nauseous at the Jake love from both bloggers and commenters. The ABC board had conniptions when he was booted and I'm sure internal ABC polls show Jake is beloved by a large majority of people. We may not get interested in the show but I'll bet they get big ratings with him, unless they have a bunch of aggressive women who make him look foolish and even then the outrage would get loads of publicity and Fleiss wins either way.

    And I'm with you on Jerry too. Wouldn't that have been a fun season to watch. He would have been great. I would have tuned in, that's for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY
    I too have faithfully watched for many seasons, but I can honestly say....I will begin the weaning process. I fell hard last season, hoping that I was seeing a real love story with a real person who was realistic in his views of finding love. Bravo Reid!!! But Jillian wanted the sure thing, and ED (i still laugh) was that cheesy, slimy guy.
    Jillian wanted love and she got it in spades with her sweetie Ed. They're so happy and doing so well in Chicago, I don't understand why people can't wish her well.
    Last edited by stickle; 09-28-2009 at 07:53 AM.

  7. #1017
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    I think it's the Bachelor show that I'm over with. I always enjoy the Bachelorette often because of the guys. This time I really liked Jillian and who she picked as well as a few of her other guys so it was a winner for me. I don't think it's just because of the recycled guys on TB either. They don't exactly do a good job at picking new guys either. They always want a hook like the doctor, prince, military doctor, football player, etc without worrying if they'd be interesting or any good and most aren't. There's never been a bachelor I've been actually attracted to so I guess this season won't be any different.

  8. #1018
    Lovely Lilly! StanleyCupCanes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,990

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3712656;
    Will not watch Jake. Don't find him attractive. He's way too short and goofy. Why oh Why did they choose him? Have they no sense?
    I think that he was their back up plan when all else failed given that he had some staying power with the casual audience. Perhaps they didn't want to deal with the will of actual real men like Kip and Reid who wanted to have more of a say in their destiny.

    I could be wrong but I can see Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and House putting the hurt on Jake as TB's ratings. Also, NBC is supposed to have a good show on Monday nights now, too - Trauma. Then, add in two weeks of Olympic coverage in Feb. Seems like safe Jake could be a risk ratings wise over a Kip or Reid who have more appeal with the audience.

    How odd that they set up The Bachelorette's storyboard to have two handsome princes at the end with broken hearts yet neither of them gets an Act II.

  9. #1019
    FORT Fogey BachfanNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,159

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3712347;
    Hi all!
    Just wanted to add my negative 2 cents.
    I will probably be bowing out this season. I have grown quite lackluster the last couple seasons and now with JAKE and the producer Fake... it's not worth any interest on my part.
    I may pop up now and then to snark and add, but--I don't plan on investing any "time". The last year has totally burnt me out with this show.
    Have fun!
    Me 2 Kasha!

    I watched Jason becuase I thought he was the real deal and was truly looking for love (still think that way) so with Jake as the next bachelor, it just seems like a joke now.

    ...actually I just thought the better of it and I might be in this season if its jake, I'm definitely not opposed to the snark material that he will provide...we will have good laughs this season!! Maybe we can all have Jake break-down-crying avatars (from each epidose, as I'm sure there will be plenty to chose from!!lol)
    Last edited by BachfanNY; 09-28-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

  10. #1020
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,050

    Re: **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3712749;
    I think that he was their back up plan when all else failed given that he had some staying power with the casual audience. Perhaps they didn't want to deal with the will of actual real men like Kip and Reid who wanted to have more of a say in their destiny.

    I could be wrong but I can see Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and House putting the hurt on Jake as TB's ratings. Also, NBC is supposed to have a good show on Monday nights now, too - Trauma. Then, add in two weeks of Olympic coverage in Feb. Seems like safe Jake could be a risk ratings wise over a Kip or Reid who have more appeal with the audience.

    How odd that they set up The Bachelorette's storyboard to have two handsome princes at the end with broken hearts yet neither of them gets an Act II.


    You're right....it was set up beautifully for either Kip or Reid to step into the role of the next Bachelor. However, I have to think that since sdl - our main inside source on this particular angle - said money was not a deciding factor, neither one of them wanted the job.

    Both men are now at the zenith of personal popularity and no longer need the exposure. Kip, especially, never needed it in So. Cali with the women, and his charities have prospered significantly from his stint.
    From what has been reported, Reid had to hire somebody to manage the calls to separate those who wanted to talk to him personally from those who wanted to talk to him about business. He is now a very "hot item" with women.

    Both men know exactly what can and most likely will be done with the edit.
    Reid's "quirks" would be blown completely out of proportion until he would be OCD over the top.
    Kip made the remark that ," They can't edit what you don't give them", and while that sounds correct, it really isn't. They can splice and dice the words until what is said is NOT what was said at all.They can make a suggestion that sounds reasonable at the time, but appears unreasonable when underhandedly edited. Kip basically understands that because he saw what they did with his mother.

    It is my considered opinion, therefore, that neither one of those guys is the upcoming Bachelor because neither one of those guys wanted to be that guy.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.