+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Hunt GRILLS Jason

hom
    FORT Regular

Bonnie Hunt GRILLS Jason

Wow, that was unexpected, being an ABC show and all. What did you think about that?

hom
    FORT Regular

Re: Bonnie Hunt GRILLS Jason

Bonnie asks Jason if it was a contractual obligation, Jason says no it wasn't, but "the producers really insisted". To be fair, Jason was apologizing to everyone ... he is getting his Ellen apology down better.

hom
    FORT Regular

Bonnie "What could be missing when Molly, who is a sophisticated classy girl, says to you I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, she spends an evening with you, she pours her heart out to you ... that wasn't enough emotion for you"?

Molly gets a fansastic expression on her face

Jason "Thats a good question"

hom
    FORT Regular

Just before commercial break, Bonnie "OMG are you crying" ... didn't catch Jason's response.

hom
    FORT Regular

Bonnie grills him on claiming he is a single parent

Quote Originally Posted by hom;3376047;
    Wow, that was unexpected, being an ABC show and all. What did you think about that?
    Not an "ABC Show". It is distributed by Warner Bros, though, whose sister division Warner Horizon Television produces The Bachelor/ette.

"The Bonnie Hunt Show" is produced by Bob & Alice Production and paraMedia inc. in association with Telepictures Productions and is distributed by Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. Like Ellen and the others, any affiliate of any network can choose to air this syndicated program.

So, your substantive point is valid!!

My take on why he went on the show to get beat up a bit, is that ABC/producers decided on that as an external communications plan; namely, that "America" was mad enough that Jason was best served by making the rounds, taking some lumps, then apologizing. Jason pretty much signed away his rights to refuse to appear or to follow the agreed upon talking points when he agreed to be The Bachelor. At some point, he could put up a fuss and make it less fun. Obviously, ABC as some concession has agreed that he can use his "I'm Sorry" rounds of interviews to plug Jason's Place. Once Jason gets knocked off the celebrity/entertainment media "front page" coverage, he will have a hard time driving "clicks" to his webpage. Molly is trotted out to show "happy [second] couple", poor thing. She's there because her contract says she will be, and because she has reason not to want her new man to be out there defending himself alone.

So, IMO, the extended publicity benefits all of them in some way that they have individually calculated.

hom
    FORT Regular

Bonnie: "Well I hope that the two of you ... and of course my hearts with Molly because, like any girl ehhh I don't know, you know I little anxious for her. I know Jason that your intent isn't to go and hurt anybody, but you know, we do have patterns" ...

hom
    FORT Regular

and what was that at the very end? Bonnie asks Molly if she was almost the next Bach'ette ... she just puts a smile on her face and gets uncomfortable, then says no and laughs it off. Bonnie says "yes she was, and then you found out and and panicked didn't you ... I know". Jason stammers and finally says "I know, there is a lot"

Quote Originally Posted by hom;3376099;
    and what was that at the very end? Bonnie asks Molly if she was almost the next Bach'ette ... she just puts a smile on her face and gets uncomfortable, then says no and laughs it off. Bonnie says "yes she was, and then you found out and and panicked didn't you ... I know". Jason stammers and finally says "I know, there is a lot"
    Can't wait to see it. Seems like she says everything to Jason most of us have been thinking! I think Ellen went a bit soft on him, considering.
    "I actually thought our relationship was 50 times better than the other guys. I thought it was my job to come back and get her." Reid R.

re: Full Circle

I just watched the Bonnie Hunt Interiew. She did a great job, by the way. While watching it I came to a small realization. My first impression of Jason during Bachelorette 4 was that he was an okay looking guy, kind of nerdy and a little weasely and not the brightest. I really, really need to trust my first impressions, because that is exactly how he came off in the BH interview. I was right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast